GM Military Discount program

PolarBear

I'm posting this as, hopefully, a wake-up call to Ford. This is GM's new military discount program, to replace their existing one. Ford let theirs expire, with no replacement in sight. I might add that it's not the $500, it's the principal of the thing.

PROGRAM NUMBER: 06-31C-1

PROGRAM NAME: GM MILITARY PURCHASE PROGRAM

THIS IS THE GENERAL MOTORS MILITARY PURCHASE PROGRAM FOR ACTIVE AND

RESERVE MILITARY PERSONNEL WHO PURCHASE/LEASE ONE OF THE ELIGIBLE

NEW AND UNUSED MODELS DETAILED IN GUIDELINE NUMBER 4 BELOW.

PROGRAM TIME PERIOD (DELIVERED):

# FEBRUARY 1, 2006 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2006

CHEVROLET:

AVEO

CAVALIER -1SV

CAVALIER &1SV

COBALT -SS

COBALT SS

MALIBU

MALIBU MAXX

# IMPALA

SSR

COLORADO

SILVERADO

AVALANCHE

# EQUINOX

BLAZER

TRAILBLAZER

TRAILBLAZER EXT

TAHOE

SUBURBAN

# UPLANDER

ALLOWANCE: $500

Just to be clear, I posted this up in the hopes that someone from Ford notices there's something missing in Ford's incentive programs.

Edited by PolarBear

Correct- and when you start writing a few Silverado orders from military people because of this... you've made how much profit?

more than GM because they lost money on that Silverado by adding another $500 incentive on top of all of the other incentives they have.

GM only loses money on passengers cars- the trucks keep the boat afloat.... sort of.

they must be close to Ford... half or more of sales are from trucks.

and they still lose a lot of money which means they must be losing it on the truck side too.

Incentives, for whatever reason, are a slippery slope Ford needs to get away from and not ever consider again. We see what "employee pricing" did for GMs bottom line this year.

Incentives, for whatever reason, are a slippery slope Ford needs to get away from and not ever consider again. We see what "employee pricing" did for GMs bottom line this year.

And they'll be paying for that one for years. I gues this really bothers me- we have incentives for college grads, various special-interest organizations.....

...but dropped the military out of the loop. And are going to start a new ad campaign about Ford's identity as an American Company. I still think this was a huge mistake- both in terms of dollars and, more importantly, the principal of the thing.

And they'll be paying for that one for years. I gues this really bothers me- we have incentives for college grads, various special-interest organizations.....

...but dropped the military out of the loop. And are going to start a new ad campaign about Ford's identity as an American Company. I still think this was a huge mistake- both in terms of dollars and, more importantly, the principal of the thing.

fair point, but then do we offer dicsounts to police, firefighters and EMS workers "on principle"?

fair point, but then do we offer discounts to police, firefighters and EMS workers "on principle"?

On occasion, yes, through private mailers. And in the case of the municipalities themselves- absolutely. You'd be amazed what Ford will do to keep a Chebbie out of the firehouse (guess how i know?)

Edited by PolarBear

• 1 month later...