Jaguar XE

Uh, no. Simply, you need to add a FOOT-length of wheelbase ahead of the "A" pillar but behind the front wheel opening. That's for the in-line Volvo-sourced 6 cylinder. With twin dual-stage turbos, 500 hp is doable for the "R" model.

People hold the XK-E in awe, and rightly so; however, its predecessor had great mojo:

Jaguar%20XK150HR.jpg

See the distance between the "A" (or windshield) pillar and the back of the front wheel cut-out?

I didn't say make it bigger. But to look like a Jag, it has to have some Jag "cues", and one of them is a longer than normal length between the "A" pillar and the back of the front wheel opening.

Make it any size you want, but with Jag proportions, capice? Think mini D-type.

I didn't say make it bigger. But to look like a Jag, it has to have some Jag "cues", and one of them is a longer than normal length between the "A" pillar and the back of the front wheel opening.

Make it any size you want, but with Jag proportions, capice? Think mini D-type.

I understand what you're saying now, I may try to change it some

Also, all i have is microsoft paint to do chops in, so I'm limited to what I can do, plus they take a while to make look right/good

I'm working on a Mark LT chop right now, so maybe I'll play w/ this some more after that

Regarding the photochop: No.

Regarding the potential for the idea: Jaguar will never make a roadster type convertible again. So, no.

i know its extremely unlikely, but it's just a chop

most chops aren't realistic, it's just a chop for the sake of doing a chop, just my idea of what a small 2 seat Jag convertible

Regarding the photochop: No.

Regarding the potential for the idea: Jaguar will never make a roadster type convertible again. So, no.

EHM .. they recently registered XE moniker .. it is likely for a roadster..

Igor

EHM .. they recently registered XE moniker .. it is likely for a roadster..

Igor

Ford can register Pinto every year. Doesn't mean they're planning to build one.

I conclude that it'll never happen based on that a small convertible--which would logically end up in the $25-30 range--cheapens the brand considerably, and at a time when Jag is trying desparately to distinguish itself rightfully as an exotic marque. Secondly, they're known to be on Ford's ever growing chopping block.

In the words of Bush #1: "Not gonna do it... Wouldn't be prudent..."

Wouldn't be prudent..."

I'm not so sure. The V-8 2-seaters are successful, but they're gas-guzzling CO2 producing, expensive.

As "green" gets into brand perception, a smaller, simpler, lighter 6-cylinder rag-top that has "Jag" cues might do very well, especially in Europe. As well, the old XK series are becoming too rare and expensive, so an SCCA "club racer" that isn't made from "unobtainium" parts, might be of great long-term value. The Volvo 3.2 re-sized to 3.8 with nice Jaguar valve covers would do just fine, and entirely fit with Jaguar heritage. The V-8's compete at the 911 level; this is a Boxter-level vehicle, the Boxter, it should be noted, was only available as a rag-top for years. Nobody says it's not a legitimate Porsche.

I'm not so sure. The V-8 2-seaters are successful, but they're gas-guzzling CO2 producing, expensive.

As "green" gets into brand perception, a smaller, simpler, lighter 6-cylinder rag-top that has "Jag" cues might do very well, especially in Europe. As well, the old XK series are becoming too rare and expensive, so an SCCA "club racer" that isn't made from "unobtainium" parts, might be of great long-term value. The Volvo 3.2 re-sized to 3.8 with nice Jaguar valve covers would do just fine, and entirely fit with Jaguar heritage. The V-8's compete at the 911 level; this is a Boxter-level vehicle, the Boxter, it should be noted, was only available as a rag-top for years. Nobody says it's not a legitimate Porsche.

I think just about anything (except for another X-Type, or more extremely 'retro' designs) could help Jag right now, although Jag's future isnt looking too bad right now with the XF coming out, IMO