'08 Expy Rainlamp function, does it exist?

derekrice

It was my understanding that all '08 Expy's from XLT on up would have the rainlamp (lights come on with the wipers) functionality as standard equipment. I can't tell if it's there or not. When I turn the wipers on, the lights don't come on right away. They do after a minute or so, but I can't tell if it's because of the rainlamp function or because the autolamps are detecting less light. When you turn the wipers off, the lights stay on for a while. My mom's Grand Cherokee has the option to turn on/off the rainlamps with the message center. At least you know it's there with this method. Can't find anything in the manual about them either, nothing under "rainlamp", "lights", "wipers" etc.

I have an '08 Limited with all the toys, but how do I tell if I have rainlamps??

• 5 weeks later...
It was my understanding that all '08 Expy's from XLT on up would have the rainlamp (lights come on with the wipers) functionality as standard equipment. I can't tell if it's there or not. When I turn the wipers on, the lights don't come on right away. They do after a minute or so, but I can't tell if it's because of the rainlamp function or because the autolamps are detecting less light. When you turn the wipers off, the lights stay on for a while. My mom's Grand Cherokee has the option to turn on/off the rainlamps with the message center. At least you know it's there with this method. Can't find anything in the manual about them either, nothing under "rainlamp", "lights", "wipers" etc.

I have an '08 Limited with all the toys, but how do I tell if I have rainlamps??

I have a 2003 Crown Vic which has the headlamps that turns on with the wipers. It works exactly the same way as you describe above. They turn on about 30 seconds to a minute after I turn on the wipers. Then once the wipers are turned off the lights stay on for awhile. Im not sure if the wipers override the light sensor of the autolamp system or what. I do not use my autolamp function at all because my parking situation shines my headlights right into my neighbors front window so the lights turning on are defintely caused by the wipers being turned on.

• 3 years later...

Well, I was just reading through my dealer brochure for my 2008 Expedition Limited and saw that it had this rainlamp function that I wasn't even aware of, so I did a Google search and this forum popped up. Now I see the date from this post and realize it was over three years ago, hopefully you got your answer by now lol but I went out and did a test during the daytime, turned on my wipers and lo and behold my lights came on in about 3 seconds, turned the wipers off and the lights turned off in less then ten seconds. I believe the light switch has to be in the auto on position for this to work, will not work in the off position... but they did come on fairly quickly after the wipers were activated. Figured I would post this anyways in case somebody else is ever wondering about this feature.

• 2 weeks later...