Bring us Both 2 Door and 4 Door Cars

DaBird

I want to see Ford bring back a choice of 2 dr or 4 dr versions of there cars. Some of these cars have some nice lines, but would be so much nicer as a 2 dr version. The way things are now, we have to chose between a 4 door family type car, or a little 2 door that only kids can fit comfortable in. A Mustang is about the only choice that we have, and it is a little to cramped for comfort. A 4 dr car is fine for Soccer Moms, Family Trips, but as I look at what is available, I seem to be left with choosing between a 4 door, a too small 2 dr, or switching to a Chevy Monte Carlo to have a stylish comfortable 2 door car.

When I get old, and need a walker, a 4 door car will be nice to put the walker in the back seat easy. Till then, I prefer a decent size 2 door car.

When I get old, and need a walker, a 4 door car will be nice to put the walker in the back seat easy. Till then, I prefer a decent size 2 door car.

Heheheh

myself, I couldnt agree more- I would LOVE to see an early cougar-ish body on a stretched mustang chassis, and why not a Mark series why theyre at it...4~6 more inchesin the rear seat footwells and a higher roofline should allow mark VII/older tbird sized rear seat- I got 3 kids, big problem with the new mustang- guess momma stays home:)

If they insist on 4 door only for any certain model, I would like it a lot better if they could 'hide' the rear door lines a bit, kinda like the RX8 or saturn...remember the dodge R/T concept from a few years ago? it looked 100% better than the 4 door 'charger' that they built instead.

lets keep our fingers crossed though for a nice 2 door hardtop, and maybe an optional reskin of the aging(but tested tough) crown vic...some kind of big fastback, maybe even a 2 door 'sport' wagon(Nomad? who cares- I still think it would sell). I REALLY think if a very high performance sport wagon were released today, the stigma of the 'station wagon' might go away...look at the magnum, and think back to the money the country squire made over the decades- SUV milege hurts, they need some more to offer in between. Whatever happens with the crown vic, I hope they keep offering the current body too- it could be the 'checker cab' of the 21st century...come to think of it, its been around almost long enough to call it that now. Police departments need a big robust vehicle. I for one cant imagine a 500 catching air across a median without a lot of harm...the big old CV though, no problem. Maybe they could offer a reinforced trunk/fuel cell and push bars from the factory as a police battering ram option.