August Sales

That would be Lexus and Acura.

07116a26.jpg

That is a Toyota Crown. It is RWD and is engineered along with the GS & LS.

Jackass. Lexus isn't/wasn't sold anywhere other than the US until recently (if at all). That's not a Toyota in the sense I'm talking about and you know it.

Are you telling me the RL and TL are both based on the Accord platform?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackass. Lexus isn't/wasn't sold anywhere other than the US until recently (if at all). That's not a Toyota in the sense I'm talking about and you know it.

Nope, its Honda Legend from Japan. Face it. All Acuras and Lexus' are based on lower models from somewhere.

Nope, its Honda Legend from Japan. Face it. All Acuras and Lexus' are based on lower models from somewhere.

Lower models that AREN'T AVAILABLE HERE. If you brought that Toyota or that Honda here, they would be above any Toyota or Honda model sold here. What part of that doens't make sense to you?

Edited by ShockFX

Ha, Lexus was introduced in ME the same time it was introduced in US. Thanks for playing bitch slap the moron!

Ha, Lexus was introduced in ME the same time it was introduced in US. Thanks for playing bitch slap the moron!

Which doesn't change my point about the Toyota he was referencing being the equivalent of a Lexus in Japan. But hey, not knowing they sold a couple Lexus in ME (mexico?) really makes a difference.

I don't know. I was just saying that really its only a gussied up Toyota. It's no different than what Lincoln does.

If it's a Toyota that sells for $50k USD elsewhere, then it's nothing like what Lincoln does. If I took new Volvo S80, sold it in Europe as a Ford, then brought it here, is it a gussied up Ford?

If it's a Toyota that sells for $50k USD elsewhere, then it's nothing like what Lincoln does. If I took new Volvo S80, sold it in Europe as a Ford, then brought it here, is it a gussied up Ford?

Well funny you should mention that, since the Taurus is based on a Volvo, and so the Lincoln is as well. Also, the New S80 is FWD on a Ford platform. You should hate it because according to you it can't compete.

Well funny you should mention that, since the Taurus is based on a Volvo, and so the Lincoln is as well. Also, the New S80 is FWD on a Ford platform. You should hate it because according to you it can't compete.

If Ford sold a car ONLY IN EUROPE that cost $50k+ and competed with full size luxury cars there, then brought it here and sold it for $50k+ as a Lincoln, is it a just a gussied up Ford? Clearly not. That is no where near the same as taking a Ford Fusion and selling it as the MkZ. This is what Toyota does with the Crown. You're also the guy that said we are paying much more for the same car, but neglected to actually find out what the car costs.

Pretty sure the new S80 and the MkS are not on the same platform. But hey, I could be wrong.

If Ford sold a car ONLY IN EUROPE that cost $50k+ and competed with full size luxury cars there, then brought it here and sold it for $50k+ as a Lincoln, is it a just a gussied up Ford? Clearly not. That is no where near the same as taking a Ford Fusion and selling it as the MkZ. This is what Toyota does with the Crown. You're also the guy that said we are paying much more for the same car, but neglected to actually find out what the car costs.

Pretty sure the new S80 and the MkS are not on the same platform. But hey, I could be wrong.

No they aren't on the same platform. The S80 is on the Ford EUCD. The MKS is on a modified version of the D3, a modification of the platfor the underpins the XC90.

No they aren't on the same platform. The S80 is on the Ford EUCD. The MKS is on a modified version of the D3, a modification of the platfor the underpins the XC90.

So why would I hate the S80 for being on the EUCD platform? It clearly can compete and has nothing in common with the MkS.

Y'know shockie, you want me to take you literally in one thread, and then in another thread you're on me for taking you too literally.

Ultimately this boils down to your desire to have everyone agree with you, and the more people disagree with you the madder you get.

Granted, you might be able to say the same thing about me from time to time, but hey, I'm willing to change.

I mean you wanted everyone to agree that the Mondeo is -seriously- cross shopped with BMWs, based off a Top Gear video (led by Jeremy Clarkson, president and CEO of the 100% serious all the time society). When that didn't work you wanted us to all agree that the MKS would be a failure, and now you want us to all agree that only Lincoln has a model range that is not shared with any other marque, and we're not going to agree with that.

And BTW, why quote the stuff I say that you agree with? Is it extra super true if you agree with it, and only kind of maybe true if I say it?

FWD doesn't belong on fullsize luxury cars. CD3 is great, but Lincoln shouldn't have a CD3 derivative as their entry level car. And Mazda rocks.

Ok, so then how does the Modeo compete with the 3 series? How does the MKS, having rear biased AWD, not have a purpose?

Edited by suv_guy_19

Y'know shockie, you want me to take you literally in one thread, and then in another thread you're on me for taking you too literally.

Ultimately this boils down to your desire to have everyone agree with you, and the more people disagree with you the madder you get.

Granted, you might be able to say the same thing about me from time to time, but hey, I'm willing to change.

I mean you wanted everyone to agree that the Mondeo is -seriously- cross shopped with BMWs, based off a Top Gear video (led by Jeremy Clarkson, president and CEO of the 100% serious all the time society). When that didn't work you wanted us to all agree that the MKS would be a failure, and now you want us to all agree that only Lincoln has a model range that is not shared with any other marque, and we're not going to agree with that.

And BTW, why quote the stuff I say that you agree with? Is it extra super true if you agree with it, and only kind of maybe true if I say it?

Haha, I never once said the Mondeo is cross shopped with BMWs. I said that if Ford can build cars in Europe that are class leading and gather such high praise why don't they do that here in NA?

The MkS is not so much a failure as misguided. It's hard to be a failure when you have nothing to base failure against.

Lincoln is the only luxury model range in the US that does not have a unique platform relative to cars sold in the US. Your poor argument of the Toyota Crown (which is a Lexus by any other name since in Japan there are only Toytota, no Lexus) does not make me wrong. Same for the piss poor Honda Legend argument.

I quoted one thing you said as true because Nick didn't seem to understand what flex manufacturing and global architecture meant.

And there is a difference between literal and stupidly nitpicking and you know it.

Ok, so then how does the Modeo compete with the 3 series? How does the MKS, having rear biased AWD, not have a purpose?

Who said the Mondeo competes with the 3 series? I never did. I said it was compared to it as an example that it was having high praise bestowed on it. Not that it actually is a competitor.

The MkS falls into no segment, Ford is just making on up for it. What can you judge it's success on anyway?

Who said the Mondeo competes with the 3 series? I never did. I said it was compared to it as an example that it was having high praise bestowed on it. Not that it actually is a competitor.

The MkS falls into no segment, Ford is just making on up for it. What can you judge it's success on anyway?

Well, the Fusion gained high praise when it was launched. As for the MKS, its success will be based on sales and profit.

Shockie you are a piece of work.

You want the Fusion to be a car that someone who owns a Ford GT will compare to a BMW (Jeremy Clarkson).

Simultaneously, you dismiss the praise of Accord and Camry customers as worthless.

---

Then, because there is no precise antecedent for the MKS, you assure us that Ford is just 'making up the segment'.

As though this should be an area of concern.

Who cares if there's a segment? It's all about the customers, mac.

If there are customers, there's a segment.

post-18828-1119114704_thumb.jpg