The Mexican Truckers Are Here

Brian502

Just like perot said about our jobs when he was running and opposed the free trade agreements. That giant sucking sound. Turned out to be true.

Here is when he used the auto industry as an example. How true it was.

Ross Perot 1992--2nd Debate---The Giant Sucking Sound

I remember those words like it was yesterday, the scary thing is that it is HERE! NOW! The BIG un-answered question is'WHAT ARE WE, AS THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION GOING TO DO TO STOP THIS RAPING AND PILLAGING OF OUR ECONOMIC WAY OF LIFE? HOW? WHEN? And with WHAT? A nationwide revolt, perhaps? Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating any type of violent, widespread revolt or whatever, but the fact of the matter is, we as a people have had ENOUGH of this arrogant bullshit from our political and business leaders long enough!!! Their arrogance in trying to pass along more policy before the national elections is scary indeed! Like I said, I don't in any way advocate violence, ec, etc, but it would not surprise me in the least to see people who are down to desparation losing it!!! When your family is hungry and so are you, and there is no work and no money, what would you do? I hope that a fair answer can be found......

Your welcome NoMoVisteon now we need to educate the public so that they get angry and drop a line to their congressmen! Good to see you in my corner on this one Cap!

I'm in everyones corner. Imawhosure made it clear one day with this.

------>We are defeated by another country in war, and as they go down the main street of your town, they call out for the Jews to show themselves so as they can kill or deport them. They cry for help, but all ignore them and and go about their business.

Since I am not a Jew, I too hide!!!!

A week later, they call for the Mexicans. Everyone who is not of Mexican decent again ignores it hoping they will just go away including me, they drag them away while I just watch and hide; and the world continues going like it always does.

Anyway, within the next 6 months, they come for the the Europeans, the Canadians, the Afro Americans, Native Americans, and of course Puerto Ricans.

I did not fit any of those descriptions, so I continue to hide!!!!

Finally, they walk down the road and call for me!!!!!!

I scream for help, but guess what!!! Nobody is left, I let them all be taken away without uttering a sound, hoping they would never get to me. In essence, I have allowed my myself no help, because I gave no help.

This is exactly why I resist taxes that are aimed at things that I do not believe in myself. If we allow them to do it just cause we do not fit the bill, they will eventually get to us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as Ford seperates us to fight amongst ourselves, so does the government.

You must learn, then inform everyone you can of what it is. Sooner or later, the populace will wake up. Let us all hope they wake up, BEFORE everyone is pulled away.

If I support what you believe or not I still should be behind you in that it is your right. I don't want mine taken away from you either.

post-19145-1118275419_thumb.jpg

I remember those words like it was yesterday, the scary thing is that it is HERE! NOW! The BIG un-answered question is'WHAT ARE WE, AS THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION GOING TO DO TO STOP THIS RAPING AND PILLAGING OF OUR ECONOMIC WAY OF LIFE? HOW? WHEN? And with WHAT? A nationwide revolt, perhaps? Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating any type of violent, widespread revolt or whatever, but the fact of the matter is, we as a people have had ENOUGH of this arrogant bullshit from our political and business leaders long enough!!! Their arrogance in trying to pass along more policy before the national elections is scary indeed! Like I said, I don't in any way advocate violence, ec, etc, but it would not surprise me in the least to see people who are down to desparation losing it!!! When your family is hungry and so are you, and there is no work and no money, what would you do? I hope that a fair answer can be found......

The most effective tool we have is the internet and the ability to vote! We must threaten out leaders with their jobs and follow through by voting them out when they fail to represent us!

The most effective tool we have is the internet and the ability to vote! We must threaten out leaders with their jobs and follow through by voting them out when they fail to represent us!

That's true! But getting the right info to the people about the issue and getting them fired up about it is a big hurdle, but one that we must do. One need only look at my adopted state of Ohio and the non-smoking issue and how many NON-VOTING smokers allowed to it to pass.......... :rant: That could have been more fairly and clearly defined for fairness in my opinion. Again, it's going to come down to the voters who stick to the issues that our elected representatives need to address FAIRLY!!! :rockon:

That's true! But getting the right info to the people about the issue and getting them fired up about it is a big hurdle, but one that we must do. One need only look at my adopted state of Ohio and the non-smoking issue and how many NON-VOTING smokers allowed to it to pass.......... :rant: That could have been more fairly and clearly defined for fairness in my opinion. Again, it's going to come down to the voters who stick to the issues that our elected representatives need to address FAIRLY!!! :rockon:

You care, compose an E-mail and send it to your congressmen every contact counts when their considering their position! As far as drumming up support most of the public doesn't vote that's why minority lobbyists are able to turn the tide! A politician will listen to them because they know their entire constituency does vote, and you likely won't! Isn't that right Imawhosure!

Edited by Furious1Auto

You care, compose an E-mail and send it to your congressmen every contact counts when their considering their position! As far as drumming up support most of the public doesn't vote that's why minority lobbyists are able to turn the tide! A politician will listen to them because they know their entire constituency does vote, and you likely won't! Isn't that right Imawhosure!

Good points there, Furious. Anyone who runs for office knows that a lot of people do not vote, for whatever stupid reasons they have for not taking the time to engage in that precious right as citizens. And these polticians knowing that, set up their agendas accordingly, knowing they stand a very good chance on winning with what few voters even bother to go to the polls, or cast absentee, regardless of what the weather conditions are, or whatever. I DO VOTE, Furious, and more should be doing it, in whatever election there is, be it union, local, state or Federal. Here's another way to look at this, the national elections are just around the corner next year and I DON'T WANT SOME LAZY, STUPID AND IGNORANT FUCKING PEOPLE TO DECIDE WHO IS GOING TO RUN THE MOST POWERFUL AND BEST NATION IN THE WORLD!!! You know what I'm talking about on that, Furious, and so do most on here. Excuse me, but I have to get the ole ASS-KICKING boots ready, I'll be wearing them too and will use them, if necessary. Ole NoMo here is all greased and ready to kick ass.......... :devil::rockon:

I suppose this is what we have to look forward to here in the US,now that the Mexican truck drivers are here.

This MONTERREY, Mexico (Reuters) - Dozens of people died when a trailer-truck loaded with highly flammable chemicals exploded in a road accident in northern Mexico, Mexican media reported on Monday.

The blast left a crater of up to 65 feet in diameter in the road in the northern state of Coahuila, the El Universal daily said on its Web site.

The paper, quoting police, said 37 people were killed when the blast erupted after the trailer-truck hit another truck. But the civil protection agency put the death toll at 25.

"Part of the trailer caught fire after the crash and that's where the explosion came from," said state Gov. Humberto Moreira.

Some 150 people were injured. Most of the people who died, including three newspaper journalists, had rushed to the scene of the crash.

"Reporters who were taking photographs died there as well as emergency workers and drivers who stopped to help," Moreira said.

The trailer-truck was carrying 25 metric tons of a derivative of the volatile ammonium nitrate chemical used for fertilizers, civil protection authorities said. The media had earlier said it had been carrying explosives

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070910/ts_nm/mexico_blast_dc_1

The Mexican truckers have arrived. :angry: Just another screwing from the Bush administration. God help the US truckers! God help us all!

http://www.shutdown2007.com/

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=57504

Keep up the fight....More info below:

SENATOR MOVES TO BLOCK MEXICAN TRUCKS

Tell Congress you support an amendment to cut funding to projects opening U.S. highways to Mexican Trucks.

Alert: Democratic Sen. Byron Dorgan plans to offer an amendment today that would block the controversial federal program allowing Mexican trucks to operate freely on roads across the U.S.

Barry Piatt, spokesman for the North Dakota senator, said the amendment to the Fiscal 2008 Department of Transportation appropriations bill essentially will say, "None of the funds made available under this Act may be used to establish or implement a cross-border motor carrier demonstration or pilot project or program to allow Mexico-domiciled motor carriers to operate beyond the commercial zones on the United States-Mexico border."

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said today the amendment will come up for a vote tomorrow morning.

Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-Ore., charged the Bush administration with being "hell-bent on opening our borders, but has failed to require that Mexican drivers and trucks meet the same safety and security standards as U.S. drivers and trucks."

In May, the House of Representatives passed the Safe American Roads Act of 2007 (H.R. 1773), by an overwhelming, bipartisan 411-3 margin.

A White House strategy to pressure the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation not to hold hearings or take any action on the House-approved Safe Roads Act.

The overwhelming majority by which H.R. 1773 was passed strongly suggests the House would accept in conference a Dorgan-submitted amendment to cut DOT funding of the Mexican truck demonstration project.

Secretary of Transportation Mary Peters attended a ceremony in Nuevo Leon, Mexico, Feb. 22 in which Transportes Olympic was announced to the Mexican public and press as the first Mexican trucking company certified to participate in the truck demonstration project.

The name of the company was not announced to the U.S. media or public until the surprise, extraordinary 9 p.m. telephone press conference Thursday by John Hill, administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, held with a hastily assembled select group of reporters.

The first Mexican truck under the DOT demonstration project crossed the border Saturday at 1:50 a.m. Eastern Time at Laredo, Texas, headed for North Carolina.

DO NOT BE SILENCED BY ANYONE STAND UP! MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

Senate votes to block Mexican trucks test

The U.S. Senate voted on Tuesday to block funding for a Bush administration test program to let Mexican long-haul trucks operate in the United States under 1994's North American Free Trade Agreement.

One day after a fiery truck accident killed dozens in Mexico, the Senate approved an amendment to a transportation spending bill that would cut off funding for the test, which the administration authorized last week to last for one year.

The House of Representatives has passed a similar measure.

Copyright © 2007 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.

The U.S. Senate voted on Tuesday to block funding for a Bush administration test program to let Mexican long-haul trucks operate in the United States under 1994's North American Free Trade Agreement.

One day after a fiery truck accident killed dozens in Mexico, the Senate approved an amendment to a transportation spending bill that would cut off funding for the test, which the administration authorized last week to last for one year.

The House of Representatives has passed a similar measure.

Copyright © 2007 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.

Where is the pressure coming from? Why?

The White House on Tuesday threatened to veto the broad transportation bill because it would spend more money than President George W. Bush requested. It said the administration opposes any restrictions on the cross-border trucking program.

Frankly, the Mexican truckers always were here-here. You guys just don't live near the border.

They are allowed in common border yards and where never allowed to freely run 48 states without acquiring a CDL and meeting the reading and writing requirements! Any cargo that was headed for Mexico must have been off loaded in border towns and loaded onto Mexican trucks! I know first hand because I delivered steel coils to Brownsville, TX out of Deerborn meant for the GM plant south of the border!

They are allowed in common border yards and where never allowed to freely run 48 states without acquiring a CDL and meeting the reading and writing requirements! Any cargo that was headed for Mexico must have been off loaded in border towns and loaded onto Mexican trucks! I know first hand because I delivered steel coils to Brownsville, TX out of Deerborn meant for the GM plant south of the border!

Regulation, Free Trade and Mexican Trucks

Another NAFTA nail is about to be hammered into the coffin Washington is building for the US economy. Within the next few days our borders will be opened to the Mexican trucking industry in an unprecedented way. A "pilot" program is starting which will allow trucks from Mexico to haul goods beyond the 25 mile buffer zone to any point in the United States . Officials claim this is being done with utmost oversight, but Americans still have their legitimate concerns. Rather than securing our borders, we seem to be providing more pores for illegal aliens, drug dealers, and terrorists to permeate.

Not only that, but the anti-competitive and burdensome yoke of over-regulation of our industry at home is about to send a lot more Americans to the unemployment lines. The American Trucking industry has been heavily regulated since 1935. The express purpose of The Motor Carrier Act was to eliminate competition through permitting, regulating tariff rates, even approving routes. American trucking companies have been fighting ever since for some relief from the substantial regulatory burdens placed on them. Regulatory compliance is the single most daunting barrier to entry, and eats up huge amounts of profit. Now, to add insult to injury, Mexican trucking companies, not subject to the same onerous standards, will be allowed to roll right in and squeeze American industry further. This will severely undermine the ability of American trucking companies to remain solvent.

The fact that this is being done in the name of free trade is disturbing. Free trade is not complicated, yet NAFTA and CAFTA are comprised of thousands of pages of complicated legal jargon. All free trade really needs is two words: Low tariffs. Free trade does not require coordination with another government to benefit citizens here. Just like domestic businesses don't pay taxes, foreign businesses do not pay tariffs – consumers do, in the form of higher prices. If foreign governments want to hurt their own citizens with protectionist tariffs, let them. But let us set a good example here, and show the world an honest example of true free trade. And let us stop hurting American workers with mountains of red tape in the name of safety. Safety standards should be set privately, by the industry and by the insurance companies who have the correct motivating factors to do so.

Free trade is not the problem, and pseudo free trade is what is being offered in the wrongly named North American Free Trade Agreement and all its offshoots. The problem is a government-managed economy and the burdensome regulation that results. For our economy to remain competitive in the world, we must remember what it is to be truly free. We must lift the regulatory shackles threatening to sink our industries into oblivion. Free trade begins with freedom domestically, and we can't afford to lose that.

They don't need to regulate it, they need to stop it! I've already threatened my reps! Here is what I sent them if you wish you can copy and paste the same to their E-mail! The presence of these Mexican trucks are a back door attempt to open the border to Mexican nationals after the American public clearly expressed that there is to be no amnesty for illegals! It is a disgrace to Americans that their politicians would even attempt to pass legislation that would sidestep their will! It is also another attempt to beak up the existing teamsters in this country! No American truck driver who has a family and a household to support should ever have to try to compete with two Mexicans who have nothing else and don't mind living in their truck! Everyone has a truck driver in their family even if it is a distant relation! I realize that OOIDA and the teamsters don't represent enough drivers to shut down the country, or leverage any great effect in protest to allowing Mexican trucks to have free passage in our country. That is why I'm contacting you to put you on "Notice", You will help to put an end to these policies NOW! or you will not survive the next election! As if deregulation has not done enough to lower drivers standard of living, now Bush wishes to unemploy American drivers in order to save a couple of dollars on shipping costs THIS IS SHAMEFUL! Here are the links to your reps! House! Senate!

Edited by Furious1Auto

As if deregulation has not done enough to lower drivers standard of living,

Actually deregulation is what they need. Get the government out of private buisness.

Not only that, but the anti-competitive and burdensome yoke of over-regulation of our industry at home is about to send a lot more Americans to the unemployment lines. The American Trucking industry has been heavily regulated since 1935. The express purpose of The Motor Carrier Act was to eliminate competition through permitting, regulating tariff rates, even approving routes. American trucking companies have been fighting ever since for some relief from the substantial regulatory burdens placed on them. Regulatory compliance is the single most daunting barrier to entry, and eats up huge amounts of profit. Now, to add insult to injury, Mexican trucking companies, not subject to the same onerous standards, will be allowed to roll right in and squeeze American industry further. This will severely undermine the ability of American trucking companies to remain solvent.

This is the things that people started talking about around a year ago. Most disregarded it as crazy people and there conspiracy theories, our government would never do that. Well as you see some are working behind our backs and against our will. As they start rolling out there plan, as they have(Mexican Truckers) we'll see what those have to say now when reality hits.

This is the things that people started talking about around a year ago. Most disregarded it as crazy people and there conspiracy theories, our government would never do that. Well as you see some are working behind our backs and against our will. As they start rolling out there plan, as they have(Mexican Truckers) we'll see what those have to say now when reality hits.

I don't think you understand how it was regulated, and the affect of such deregulation has had on our current status qua! Deregulation of trucking was a negative thing just as opening the borders to Mexican trucks and they both have the same effect!

post-15643-1119311479_thumb.jpg

post-15643-1119311526_thumb.jpg

post-15643-1119311567_thumb.jpg

I don't think you understand how it was regulated, and the affect of such deregulation has had on our current status qua! Deregulation of trucking was a negative thing just as opening the borders to Mexican trucks and they both have the same effect!

No, explain to me please.

From what I read the regulations hurt them, then they keep adding more trying to fix it, making it worse.

No, explain to me please.

From what I read the regulations hurt them, then they keep adding more trying to fix it, making it worse.

Trucking is actually more heavily regulated than in 1976. In order to legally bill a shipper for moving or relocating freight you must have an authority or lease your services to a carrier or broker that holds an authority. The deregulation that took place in 1977 only pertained to the issuance of authorities or carrier ID numbers by the federal government! before 1977 the government limited the number of authorities that were handed out simular to liqueur licenses. Essentially an authority is a license to operate as a carrier. Before the industry was deregulated you almost had to buy an existing company to acquire one! Being that a handful of companies controlled all of the freight in this country nearly all of these companies were unionized, and controlled by the teamsters which at the time was the most powerful union in the U.S. So in order to lower the cost of shipping and eliminate the unions power our government deregulated the industry, all they did was allow an authority to anyone who owned a truck and filed the proper paperwork and payed for carrier insurance! At first this was great because it allowed for real competition! Everything sounds great so far, huh! As time went on everyone who had the expirience and halfway decent credit went out and bought a truck to be their own boss. new companies starting up would price their services cheaper than the existing companies to acquire business, and as more and more came about the shipping rates continued to get cheaper. This is great for the customer, but as time went on the cost of equipment, fuel, road service, parts, tires, taxes, tolls, food and every consumable from aftershave to shampoo increased at places that service trucks! It has become increasingly difficult to operate a truck! The average new truck costs between $96,000 to $210,000 the trailer, $27,000. Fuel $800.00 a week, bobtail ins. 600 a month, heavy highway usage tax, fuel tax, $1,500 for plates. All of this overhead and the rates have leveled out at what we have today, where an owner operator can hardly afford to keep their business alive! And then they jack the cost of Fuel already putting thousands of truckers out of business! Now their going to allow drivers with currency exchange advantages to legally drive in the U.S. and take the money they make back to Mexico! Many will suffer if we allow this to continue! They've gone from busting the union to busting Americans ability to care for their family!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Trucking is actually more heavily regulated than in 1976. In order to legally bill a shipper for moving or relocating freight you must have an authority or lease your services to a carrier or broker that holds an authority. The deregulation that took place in 1977 only pertained to the issuance of authorities or carrier ID numbers by the federal government! before 1977 the government limited the number of authorities that were handed out simular to liqueur licenses. Essentially an authority is a license to operate as a carrier. Before the industry was deregulated you almost had to buy an existing company to acquire one! Being that a handful of companies controlled all of the freight in this country nearly all of these companies were unionized, and controlled by the teamsters which at the time was the most powerful union in the U.S. So in order to lower the cost of shipping and eliminate the unions power our government deregulated the industry, all they did was allow an authority to anyone who owned a truck and filed the proper paperwork and payed for carrier insurance! At first this was great because it allowed for real competition! Everything sounds great so far, huh! As time went on everyone who had the expirience and halfway decent credit went out and bought a truck to be their own boss. new companies starting up would price their services cheaper than the existing companies to acquire business, and as more and more came about the shipping rates continued to get cheaper. This is great for the customer, but as time went on the cost of equipment, fuel, road service, parts, tires, taxes, tolls, food and every consumable from aftershave to shampoo increased at places that service trucks! It has become increasingly difficult to operate a truck! The average new truck costs between $96,000 to $210,000 the trailer, $27,000. Fuel $800.00 a week, bobtail ins. 600 a month, heavy highway usage tax, fuel tax, $1,500 for plates. All of this overhead and the rates have leveled out at what we have today, where an owner operator can hardly afford to keep their business alive! And then they jack the cost of Fuel already putting thousands of truckers out of business! Now their going to allow drivers with currency exchange advantages to legally drive in the U.S. and take the money they make back to Mexico! Many will suffer if we allow this to continue! They've gone from busting the union to busting Americans ability to care for their family!

I don't know the whole story but who is the government to say you need an authority? They love giving out liquor licenses, it brings them in more money for nothing.

I don't know the whole story but who is the government to say you need an authority? They love giving out liquor licenses, it brings them in more money for nothing.

In some aspects it's good because in order to maintain an authority you have to follow the guidelines of the FMCSR (Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations). The FMCSR outlines the specific guidelines for everything from hours of service to truck specifications! This is meant to prevent companies from forcing drivers to run till the point where sleep deprivation, and equipment safety is a concern to the motoring public. As a driver if a company tries to force you to drive when it is unsafe, then a driver can call the DOT (Dept. of Transportation) to keep companies from abusing the drivers! The bad part is that the government is abusing these powers to generate obscene amounts of tax revenue!

Edited by Furious1Auto

The Truckers Report

This is where they talking about the exact same things. Sharing of knowledge is a good thing.

Truckers Report

I'm a member of this forum already, my user name is Shockwave! If anyone wishes to register to post be careful because it is policed heavily by it's moderators. I first registered and made one post and had been banned all in a matter of five minutes! They don't allow and advertising, harassment, or foul language! It is solely in existences for to support, guide and protect truck drivers!

Edited by Furious1Auto