RUMORS AT KTP

Lwoodbluz

I have a question for anyone in the paint shop. I have a 2001 Super Duty that has a bad case of rust on the left(drivers side) rear fender. It started out last year as a little bubble in the paint. Now I can put my finger through it. Now I have bubbles showing up on the right side as well. I took it to a friends body shop and his jaw about hit the floor. He said I need a whole new bed. He said he could put new sides on the bed, but a new bed would be cheaper and he was right about that. He had just fixed another Super Duty with the same problem that week. I work at the Indy Plant and we have a lot of Super Duty's in the parking lot. I have spotted several more with the exact same rust. Left side being the worst on all of them. I have talked to a few people about their rust and asked what year their Super Duty is. Looks like it is 2000-2002's. Was there a problem with the e-coat those years? I also ran into a Doctor who was an Engineer in the paint shop at KTP during those years. He seemed like he didn't want to talk about it. Also the new bed has a plate that says "GAS" on it. My Super Duty is a Diesel. Is the only difference between the two beds the filler neck? My brother bought a new Superduty in 99 and it had the "gas" filler neck in it. It was his first diesel and he didn't realize the difference. He hard a hard time filling the tank up. LOL. He still loves the Super Duty's. He had a 99,02,05, and a bought an 08 King Ranch a few months ago. I would buy a new one if I knew what our future was here in Indy. Keep up the good work Brothers and Sisters! You make a great truck!

I have a question for anyone in the paint shop. I have a 2001 Super Duty that has a bad case of rust on the left(drivers side) rear fender. It started out last year as a little bubble in the paint. Now I can put my finger through it. Now I have bubbles showing up on the right side as well. I took it to a friends body shop and his jaw about hit the floor. He said I need a whole new bed. He said he could put new sides on the bed, but a new bed would be cheaper and he was right about that. He had just fixed another Super Duty with the same problem that week. I work at the Indy Plant and we have a lot of Super Duty's in the parking lot. I have spotted several more with the exact same rust. Left side being the worst on all of them. I have talked to a few people about their rust and asked what year their Super Duty is. Looks like it is 2000-2002's. Was there a problem with the e-coat those years? I also ran into a Doctor who was an Engineer in the paint shop at KTP during those years. He seemed like he didn't want to talk about it. Also the new bed has a plate that says "GAS" on it. My Super Duty is a Diesel. Is the only difference between the two beds the filler neck? My brother bought a new Superduty in 99 and it had the "gas" filler neck in it. It was his first diesel and he didn't realize the difference. He hard a hard time filling the tank up. LOL. He still loves the Super Duty's. He had a 99,02,05, and a bought an 08 King Ranch a few months ago. I would buy a new one if I knew what our future was here in Indy. Keep up the good work Brothers and Sisters! You make a great truck!

I can not comment on your paint issue...but your brother's truck with the wrong filler neck? I work in Chas. Dept. the truck is fueled on line. If it had the wrong filler neck it goes straight to repair shop. Because the line worker can not put gas in it. Do not see how it made it out of the plant....with No Fuel.......???

Peace

its not because of sales....thats a fact. its partly to re-tool the body shop and they are installing a booth for the new spray in bed liners. we are not down the whole month of oct. we are off the 8th, 15th, work the 22nd, off the 29th and nov.5th. Paint dept cant be down longer than 2 weeks because the e-coat cant sit over 2 weeks without bieng used due to bactiera build-up which would ruin the paint

At the time NAP was down for 5 weeks in '06, I was working 1st shift in E-coat. They can certainly be down for more than 2 weeks. We did have to make arrangements to keep the bacteria from growing, but that responsiblity rested on Dupont. We just carried out their instructions, and when production resumed everything went surprisingly well.

Does this mean I won't be getting my CC in Oct.? I sold my 02 7.3 last week..

Jim

1FTWW31R18EC62244

Receipt Date: 8/15/2007

Serialize Date: 8/27/2007

Segment Date: 8/28/2007

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

day side on Friday went down at 1:30 supposedly due to this, rumors flew we were going to be off this week because of this, we were down about an hour and then they fired the line back up and we built another 20 trucks or so, not sure what happened Friday night. Its total Anarchy everywhere right now!!!!! Nobody knows anything, rumors are flying like crazy, the assylum is being taken over by the inmates. THE END IS NEAR! :hysterical:

Night shift worked 9.0 hrs Friday night, started on time, ran approx 700-710 trucks off of chassis line. Rumors we heard was that it was only 1,200 axels and that they could be fixed in repair, so no problem there.

Thanks for the info! We just wanted to know if it was true or Mgt. blowing smoke up are ass again....Thanks allot :speedie: .....

Thanks for the info! We just wanted to know if it was true or Mgt. blowing smoke up are ass again....Thanks allot :speedie: .....

we were told today (monday) that there is in fact 15,000 bad axles out there. some type of weld problem. the lot is filling up quickly, and they have blocked off gate 7 lot to park more trucks. to top it all off, a-crew worked 10 hrs today

we were told today (monday) that there is in fact 15,000 bad axles out there. some type of weld problem. the lot is filling up quickly, and they have blocked off gate 7 lot to park more trucks. to top it all off, a-crew worked 10 hrs today

Union rep said all units ran today were going to be shipped. Evidently the replacement axles are in the plant.

The bad ones are supposedly going to be fixed by the vendor. We'll see. :huh:

Anyone in Final-#2 shift out there??? What went on today??? All day in paint we barely ran anything....it was backed up truck to truck with no air what-so ever all day long. Our lot is full, too of trucks waiting to be released

Union rep said all units ran today were going to be shipped. Evidently the replacement axles are in the plant.

The bad ones are supposedly going to be fixed by the vendor. We'll see. :huh:

I don't know how they will replace that weld on the the tube at KTP they might have to send back to sterling! Looks like your tear down people might be getting some bad O/T....... :censored: