Hi!

I'm new to all this so please bear with me as I learn the ropes here.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there would happen to know about the Grand Marquis LSE versions. I noticed that they had a limited run of them for 2005 even though the initial information didn't mention it. So, I would like to know if that's a possiblity for 2006? Also, are these cars to be continued in the future years?

Thanks!

The LSE is one of those now-you-see-it, now you don't. It was offered in 2002, 2003, and 2005, I believe.

The dealership I bought mine from said they could never sell them - their customer base wants the bench seats. I got mine used for a very good price since no one would even test drive it without a bench seat.

No one knows if they will be available later in the year, kind of like the Lincoln Town Car - I guess Ford decided it's none of their customer's business if either car will be available.

• 1 month later...
The LSE is one of those now-you-see-it, now you don't. It was offered in 2002, 2003, and 2005, I believe.

The dealership I bought mine from said they could never sell them - their customer base wants the bench seats. I got mine used for a very good price since no one would even test drive it without a bench seat.

No one knows if they will be available later in the year, kind of like the Lincoln Town Car - I guess Ford decided it's none of their customer's business if either car will be available.

That's my concern. I would like to get a new one before it's too late. So, I was wondering if the LSE was in the works again this year. At the same time, I wonder if there's any plans to put the 4.6L 3-Valve engine into the Crown Vic or Grand Marq. :read:

Edited by exrub

That's my concern. I would like to get a new one before it's too late. So, I was wondering if the LSE was in the works again this year. At the same time, I wonder if there's any plans to put the 4.6L 3-Valve engine into the Crown Vic or Grand Marq. :read:

The LSE is a weak, weak, weak attempt. Furthermore, the Marauder debacle proves that L-M dealers have no clue how to sell to anyone but aging repeat customers. (Not that the Marauder was all that marketable in its overpriced, underpowered, underoptioned form)

The LSE should at least have the old Marauder specs (actually an Eaton-blown 4V with a deep-overdrive 6-speed auto, full variable valve timing, cylinder deactivation, flexi-fuel capability, 13" front PBR/Brembo brakes and STANDARD TRACTION-LOK is really what it needs) along with a full range of paint/interior color choices (not just black/silver/red) and chrome trim options. And dump the stupid alpha model designation--the Merc storehouse has a plethora of exciting names for a legitimate Panther sports sedan at the LSE's price point.

And why would Ford still be putting a 2V engine in ANYTHING? A lowly Honda Accord has more power than the 4.6 2V . . . .

The problem with the LES option is that it comes with a lot of nice "touring car" options and ambience, but its stuck with that decrepit "leather seats and aluminum wheels equals high class" mentality. I personally would buy the LSE with cloth instead of leather and steel instead of aluminum. All other options, including heated seats should remain intact.

Most people who buy "panthers" (even the "blue hairs" ) tend to mean business when they buy a car. What we consider to be fruitcake thinking really doesn't cut it with us. Ford ought to realize that about this demographic.

I won't get into anything that isn't currently available options in "panthers". But I am keeping an eye on the '07 Expedition drivetrain. If that really is a ZF tranny B) with a Ford 6R label, THAT combo ( 5.4-3V and 6R autotranny ) would be an obvious fit in an '07-'08 "panther" redo.

The only difference between most LSE's and the Crown Vic LX Sport is the wheels. Actually, on my 2002 LSE, I dont' think there is any differences besides exterior cosmetics vs. a 2002 LX Sport.

Went to the auto show today - they actually had a Crown Vic Sport near the Five Hundreds, and L/M had a GS Convenience with leather, and a Town Car Signature. L/M salesmen I spoke with told me their bread and butter are the Grand Marquis and Town Car, with lots of repeat buyers. None of them had any idea if the Town Car will be around after early 2007, so Ford is keeping mum.

The Montegos were being ignored - but the new Hyundai Azera's were very popular, not that I was impressed by them. Five Hundreds were getting some interest, but the Freestyles were not.

Hi!

I'm new to all this so please bear with me as I learn the ropes here.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone out there would happen to know about the Grand Marquis LSE versions. I noticed that they had a limited run of them for 2005 even though the initial information didn't mention it. So, I would like to know if that's a possiblity for 2006? Also, are these cars to be continued in the future years?

Thanks!

Have you looked at a used '04 Marauder or driven one? That's the way I'd go if you want a performance GM.

I don't think the optional 4.6 specs will be a disappointment. You're upgrading the rear significantly with teh 3.27; up from the super high 2.73 rear. You're making good power and relatively strong torque at near 290 lbs.ft if I'm not mistaken. Factor in what I feel is some revised engine management with the throttle by wire and I think for a daily driver you'll be impressed. I'm coming out of a 2001 4.6 DOHC Cobra, 5 speed and 3.27 rear and I've been very pleased with the acceleration and handling of the "old" Panther.

Also, I'll bet that the 4.6 2V Panther would probably have a Honda Accord owner (especially those with the automatics) scratching his head wondering why his Accord can't do any better than the old man's car. I'm not saying its quicker, but the 239hp Panthers are pretty torquey judging from my experience. Honestly, I haven't seen one dyno sheet indicating that the 4.6 2V does make 239hp. I've often wondered if its slightly underrated, especially judging by its off-the-line acceleration.

Have you looked at a used '04 Marauder or driven one? That's the way I'd go if you want a performance GM.

I know of the Marauder. My interest in the LSE is mainly for the nice V-8 powered full-sized family car. I already have an '03 Mustang GT Convertible for fun. After going through many used vehicles, I've pretty much decided that I'm done with them. Only new from this point on...unless I find something from my past that I want again. :rolleyes:

I can tell you my insurance on my 2002 LSE is about 10% less than what I was paying to insure my 2000 Intrepid R/T, for a car that is two years newer, and worth 35% more. Part of that is Intrepids are very easy to steal, but I should ask my agent (my sister owns a State Farm agency) what a Maurader would cost me for the same level of insurance.

I'd buy a Maurader new, but I would put it in the class of cars to be careful of buying used - the previous owner probably drove it pretty hard - at least if I bought one at a dealer that bought it at auction.

I'd like to have gotten a 2002 LS Ultimate, but I do like the central console in the LSE.

I am surprised that after advertising my 2002 GM LS Ultimate for 2 1/2 weeks, I haven't gotten a serious offer. I don't consider $10.5K serious........

Here's the details, you guys tell what you think:

53,800 miles, Silver over Gray leather, all the LS Ultimate stuff; 8 way seats, TC, power pedals, 6 disc CD,

Wood dash and wheel, Digital IP, heated mirrors, compass mirror with the autodimming thing.., CPO Ford Warranty until 75K miles, 1 scratch on rear bumper, which was there when I bought it. NO sunroof, only missing option I believe.

In addition I have done the following: Mobil 1, K&N Air & oil filters, Ford Synthetic ATF, medium window tint, 4 new Michelin Symetry tires, new front brakes, new coolant, brake fluid and Interstate battery, and Sylvania Silverstar headlight bulbs.

I started at 13,000 per my dealer's recommendation, I am now at 11,900 obo and just want it to go to a good home, it gets 19-20 city & 23-26 highway, and 95% of the miles I put on it are my 100 mile daily commute to KSC from Orlando, 2/3 are on SR 50 running 65-80 and usuing cruise....

I refused to take the dealer lowball trade, and decided to sell it for as close to payoff, ($12,100 or so), as possible. It is way too good of a car to hand them a $3K check so they can make another $3K.....they told me it would retail for 13,550 to 14,000, it just might take some time.....they offered me $11,000 last month. I paid $14,400 last April when they were asking $15,995, it had 33K on it, I have put 20K miles on it in a yr. The only problem was the adjustable pedals broke, $375 later, I put a new a set in at Ford.

It gets the tires rotated & balanced every 4000 miles and alignment 2X in a yr.

I have obsessively maintained it as I do all my vehicles.

I would drive it to California tomorrow with any worries....

If anybody knows someone who could appreciate this car and knows what it is, e-mail me.

When it gets sold, I'm having my detail guy do the full detail and including that as an incentive.

I will have some digital pictures this weekend, we are going to do all angles and inside as well to re-list it on the trader...after I clean it again, it gets washed every week, weather permitting, even though we are only driving it once or twice a week right now.

Edited by oldracer

I am surprised that after advertising my 2002 GM LS Ultimate for 2 1/2 weeks, I haven't gotten a serious offer. I don't consider $10.5K serious........

Here's the details, you guys tell what you think:

53,800 miles, Silver over Gray leather, all the LS Ultimate stuff; 8 way seats, TC, power pedals, 6 disc CD,

Wood dash and wheel, Digital IP, heated mirrors, compass mirror with the autodimming thing.., CPO Ford Warranty until 75K miles, 1 scratch on rear bumper, which was there when I bought it. NO sunroof, only missing option I believe.

In addition I have done the following: Mobil 1, K&N Air & oil filters, Ford Synthetic ATF, medium window tint, 4 new Michelin Symetry tires, new front brakes, new coolant, brake fluid and Interstate battery, and Sylvania Silverstar headlight bulbs.

I started at 13,000 per my dealer's recommendation, I am now at 11,900 obo and just want it to go to a good home, it gets 19-20 city & 23-26 highway, and 95% of the miles I put on it are my 100 mile daily commute to KSC from Orlando, 2/3 are on SR 50 running 65-80 and usuing cruise....

I refused to take the dealer lowball trade, and decided to sell it for as close to payoff, ($12,100 or so), as possible. It is way too good of a car to hand them a $3K check so they can make another $3K.....they told me it would retail for 13,550 to 14,000, it just might take some time.....they offered me $11,000 last month. I paid $14,400 last April when they were asking $15,995, it had 33K on it, I have put 20K miles on it in a yr. The only problem was the adjustable pedals broke, $375 later, I put a new a set in at Ford.

It gets the tires rotated & balanced every 4000 miles and alignment 2X in a yr.

I have obsessively maintained it as I do all my vehicles.

I would drive it to California tomorrow with any worries....

If anybody knows someone who could appreciate this car and knows what it is, e-mail me.

When it gets sold, I'm having my detail guy do the full detail and including that as an incentive.

I will have some digital pictures this weekend, we are going to do all angles and inside as well to re-list it on the trader...after I clean it again, it gets washed every week, weather permitting, even though we are only driving it once or twice a week right now.

When I bought my 2002 LSE last September with 41,700 miles, I paid $11,995, and it too was CPO by the dealer, who had also replaced the tires. Of course, the LS Ultimate does have the really nice wood wheel and the digital dash.

My sense is the bucket seats dropped the value of the car by $1,500-$2,000. I would think an LS Ultimate would be easy to sell at $13,000 or so.

Are you advertising it in areas of town with a lot of older drivers? It sounds like all you need to do is to get someone to actually come out and look at it, but to be fair, there are a lot of used Grand Marquis around, but not LS Ultimates.

Edited by taxman100

I can tell you my insurance on my 2002 LSE is about 10% less than what I was paying to insure my 2000 Intrepid R/T, for a car that is two years newer, and worth 35% more. Part of that is Intrepids are very easy to steal, but I should ask my agent (my sister owns a State Farm agency) what a Maurader would cost me for the same level of insurance.

I'd buy a Maurader new, but I would put it in the class of cars to be careful of buying used - the previous owner probably drove it pretty hard - at least if I bought one at a dealer that bought it at auction.

I'd like to have gotten a 2002 LS Ultimate, but I do like the central console in the LSE.

Shouldn't be too hard. Search autotrader, there are tons of Marauders being sold there all the time. Just try to find one that is relatively stock. Then, join MercuryMarauder.net and start modding the hell out of it! Hey, that's what I did and I love my car! I'm having 4.10 gears installed in about two 1/2 weeks btw.