70 day wait for Reapir

biggyj1206

It took 70 days to get parts for my 2008 Ford Taurus. I bought it on July 9th, got in an accident on July 14th.... I didn't get the car back until Sept. 22. It was a long wait, but Brighton Ford did an excellent job on the repair, but took way to long to get parts. Anyone had the same problems? Just interested to hear if anyone else had the same experience.

I love the new Taurus and it was worth the repair but a little disappointing

It took 70 days to get parts for my 2008 Ford Taurus. I bought it on July 9th, got in an accident on July 14th.... I didn't get the car back until Sept. 22. It was a long wait, but Brighton Ford did an excellent job on the repair, but took way to long to get parts. Anyone had the same problems? Just interested to hear if anyone else had the same experience.

I love the new Taurus and it was worth the repair but a little disappointing

Hi biggyj1206. :D I feel your pain. I know this info doesn't help make the wait less painful, but it was probably due to the lack of spare parts for repair. In other words, all parts being produced were going to new car production, and there was no build-up of spare parts in the warehouses. Of course, this will change as time progresses, parts production ramps up, and the parts depots build up a supply of replacement parts.

Unfortunately, knowing why makes it no less painful. Hopefully, you will have no further need to test out my theory personally again.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Biggy, bbf is exactly correct. THe car is a new model, so there are no spare parts ANYWHERE...they have to be produced from the factory that is making the cars on the assembly line! So yes, it does take a lot longer to get replacement parts to you, since the car is so new and an accident after a few days is very rare.

Glad you got it fixed... I'd give anything to be able to buy a new Taurus right now... but that day will come soon.