GM sales up 4% retail up 7%

igor

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict Mercury will be phased out, but slowly to avoid lawsuits as the Olds dealers had done.

Anyway, back to topic, the new SUV's are doing good, and when Chevy gets their's, which should have been job 1, it will be a hit.

The Cobalt selling well was a suprise, too, but it still needs a better interior, and better MPG.

I predict Mercury will be phased out, but slowly to avoid lawsuits as the Olds dealers had done.

Anyway, back to topic, the new SUV's are doing good, and when Chevy gets their's, which should have been job 1, it will be a hit.

The Cobalt selling well was a suprise, too, but it still needs a better interior, and better MPG.

All Mercury dealers sell Ford or Lincoln though, they won't sue.

There are bright spots at Ford that show they KNOW how to do it....

Yeah...but NONE of those models are sold on this continent. Why is it that Ford decides to do a terrible job of restyling the Focus while GM imports the fantastic Opel Astra and puts a Saturn sticker on it? Why can't Ford get the Mondeo over here or the immensely good Euro Focus. Why can't we have a Focus with a turbocharged inline-5 that performs great and is a quality car?

Or instead of importing the whole car...take bits and pieces like interior materials, etc.

Your right, Ford can build a quality car...but they are not sold here.

Yeah...but NONE of those models are sold on this continent. Why is it that Ford decides to do a terrible job of restyling the Focus while GM imports the fantastic Opel Astra and puts a Saturn sticker on it? Why can't Ford get the Mondeo over here or the immensely good Euro Focus. Why can't we have a Focus with a turbocharged inline-5 that performs great and is a quality car?

Or instead of importing the whole car...take bits and pieces like interior materials, etc.

Here, I'll start just for Pioneer's sake. How much do you actually know about those cars? What of the Edge, Mustang, Fusion, Expedition, Escape. All are doing well in sales, and there is more to come.

Yeah. None. You're right. :finger:

Just ignore the F-150, Mustang, Edge, Expedition, etc that are all doing considerably well and have pleased most of the critics at the same time.

Yeah. None. You're right. :finger:

Just ignore the F-150, Mustang, Edge, Expedition, etc that are all doing considerably well and have pleased most of the critics at the same time.

Uh...the F-150 has been down double digit percentages in sales compared to last year. Not to mention...

The F-150 is stale compared to the GM twins. The Mustang has a dime-store interior. The Edge is the answer to the question nobody asked and it is hideous (why do we need the Escape and Edge?) The Taurus is a great start, but it needs something to make it stand out from the crowd. The new Superduty is ugly and has a dime-store interior. Ditto for the E-series (plus, Ford had abandoned a 90% market share monopoly with the E-series Ambulance chassis).

Here, I'll start just for Pioneer's sake. How much do you actually know about those cars? What of the Edge, Mustang, Fusion, Expedition, Escape. All are doing well in sales, and there is more to come.

I don't think that our version of the Focus can do this...:

vlcsnap-4071796.png

Lifting the rear tire, in the rain. Its a better car. And I believe that America should get the best American cars...not the worst.

Uh...the F-150 has been down double digit percentages in sales compared to last year. Not to mention...

The F-150 is stale compared to the GM twins. The Mustang has a dime-store interior. The Edge is the answer to the question nobody asked and it is hideous (why do we need the Escape and Edge?) The Taurus is a great start, but it needs something to make it stand out from the crowd. The new Superduty is ugly and has a dime-store interior. Ditto for the E-series (plus, Ford had abandoned a 90% market share monopoly with the E-series Ambulance chassis).

Hmmm...F-150 gets redesigned next year...and despite being "stale" it's still the best-selling 1/2 ton pickup.

Mustang's interior might not be the hottest, but the car itself is hot. It has exceeded sales expectations and is still the icon it always was.

The Edge is an answer to a question nobody was asking? :hysterical: Yeah, sales of midsize CUV's are so low I don't know why ANYBODY would want a piece of that market. And a piece it has. The Edge has often been the best-selling midsize CUV on the market since its launch.

Super Duty has a dime store interior? :hysterical::hysterical: You've never sat in one have you? It's the best interior in ANY fullsize truck, half ton or higher, hands down.

What exactly did Ford abandon with the E-series?? :finger:

Hmmm...F-150 gets redesigned next year...and despite being "stale" it's still the best-selling 1/2 ton pickup.

Mustang's interior might not be the hottest, but the car itself is hot. It has exceeded sales expectations and is still the icon it always was.

The Edge is an answer to a question nobody was asking? :hysterical: Yeah, sales of midsize CUV's are so low I don't know why ANYBODY would want a piece of that market. And a piece it has. The Edge has often been the best-selling midsize CUV on the market since its launch.

Super Duty has a dime store interior? :hysterical::hysterical: You've never sat in one have you? It's the best interior in ANY fullsize truck, half ton or higher, hands down.

What exactly did Ford abandon with the E-series?? :finger:

Yes, the SD has a dime store interior. I sat in a $56,000 SD at our auto show. The dash was nothing but a cold sea of hard plastic. And the door panels had the structural rigidity of a wet piece of spaghetti. You could push in the center of them and get a inch or two of deflection. Yeah, thats quality.

Again, Ford has abandoned a 90% market share monopoly with the E-series Ambulance chassis. Read here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17518445/

and here:

http://www.jems.com/news_and_articles/arti...575917B7D9F1BFF

Yes, the SD has a dime store interior. I sat in a $56,000 SD at our auto show. The dash was nothing but a cold sea of hard plastic. And the door panels had the structural rigidity of a wet piece of spaghetti. You could push in the center of them and get a inch or two of deflection. Yeah, thats quality.

Again, Ford has abandoned a 90% market share monopoly with the E-series Ambulance chassis. Read here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17518445/

and here:

http://www.jems.com/news_and_articles/arti...575917B7D9F1BFF

Let me put it this way. First, I've been in the new super, so I know your wrong. Second, Ford knows more about trucks than you could ever hope to. And the diesel van will return, so that shows how little you know.

Let me put it this way. First, I've been in the new super, so I know your wrong. Second, Ford knows more about trucks than you could ever hope to. And the diesel van will return, so that shows how little you know.

So your saying that we should not trust Ford when they make a press release? Did you even read the articles? Probably not...so I will post this excerpt so you don't have to go looking for it.

And yes, I have been in a new SD as well, and your idea of "quality" is FAR different than mine.

Ford Motor Co., which makes the majority of ambulance chassis used in the United States, announced Feb. 7 that it would no longer make E-series diesel vans and cutaways, used for Type II and Type III ambulances.

"Ford is experiencing a supply issue related to the E-series diesel offering, and once the supply of 6.0-liter engines has been depleted, E-series will only be offered with gasoline engine options," Ford said in a statement. "At this time, we have enough engines to meet our production needs through the first quarter of 2007."

The company declined to elaborate on this statement. However, Ford spokesperson Kristen Kinley stressed that the decision to discontinue distributing E-series diesels "is not a part of the lawsuit" that Ford recently filed against International Truck & Engine Co. (a division of Navistar), which manufactures the Power Stroke diesel engines used in Ford E-series and F-series vehicles.

So your saying that we should not trust Ford when they make a press release? Did you even read the articles? Probably not...so I will post this excerpt so you don't have to go looking for it.

And yes, I have been in a new SD as well, and your idea of "quality" is FAR different than mine.

Well seeing as I come here slightly more often than you, I happen to know that the 6 litre will be returning to the van for job 2. It may not however return th the ambulance market.

How can you judge that, the new Focus isn't out yet. The Escape is selling what they are building. September was a slow month this year, last September wasn't. Ford gets hit harder because the are missing the commercial sales that they would have were the US not in crisis.

Crisis, what crisis? :kuko: