Chicaco

foxrun

As much as I hate to say this....the "500/taurus" is an ugly car. AAP never should of closed, Ford should of kept the "real" taurus in production. Another mistake Ford has made....one of many.
Having owned five Taurus or Sables since November, 1985, and having traded in my 1986 Taurus for my 2005 Montego, I can unequivocally say that the DN101 Taurus was a POS compared to the D3 Five Hundred and an even bigger POS compared to the D3 '08 Taurus, in about every fucking way imaginable. There's nothing ugly about any of the D3's, their biggest problem in the "looks" department is that they're still too conservative in their styling. In ride, room, comfort, and handling, the D3's have it all over the previous Taurus.

I don't think I need to get my eyes checked. Look at the current sales figures for this car. Nobody is buying it. Nobody bought the "500" either so Ford had to put a little "makeup" on an ugly car and it still turned out ugly. If the "real taurus" was so frickin ugly then why was it the number one selling car year after year? (don't give me the fleet sales crap either) Why did it take 2 plants to keep up with production, why did Ford make huge money off of this car if it was as ugly as you say? Sales tells everything about a car. Ford realized they made a mistake on letting the "real" taurus die off so they had to "bling" it up so the American public would buy into it...sorry. I guess everybody is wrong but you are right? Take those fishnets and put them on your paperboy,maybe you're into that....enjoy your "bling", homo.

September's sales figures are out. Without knowing anything about Chrysler's sales, because they no longer report monthly, just about every large or full size car (and Taurus is classified by interior and cargo volume as a large or full size car) is way down. Only exception I found was Impala, which looked to have held it's own, until you look at the incentives GM threw at it, plus the fact that Septembers figures are not just for '08 inventory sales- they also include any sales of left over '07's. No ones large cars are selling well.

You will post a decent responce when I have something worthwhile to say? You can't post a decent responce to save your ass, I've been more then "worthwhile"and you have failed to show me anything but stupidity. You got this party started, not me....now go play with your paperboy, >"I'm sure your into that". <

I'm not really responding, because, plainly said, you're an idiot. Counting my post amount now, and that from before the site went down awhile back, I easily have over 3000 posts (you can't access them all, but my last screen name was ME). I've argued with people that have far better functioning grey matter than you'll ever possess. So, you really aren't worth the trouble, though, the thought of you fuming and trying to make something of an intelligent reply (interesting how you seem to like the gay theme) does give me a chuckle.

I'm not really responding, because, plainly said, you're an idiot. Counting my post amount now, and that from before the site went down awhile back, I easily have over 3000 posts (you can't access them all, but my last screen name was ME). I've argued with people that have far better functioning grey matter than you'll ever possess. So, you really aren't worth the trouble, though, the thought of you fuming and trying to make something of an intelligent reply (interesting how you seem to like the gay theme) does give me a chuckle.

You have over 3000 posts? The last few you've wrote have shown me nothing but stupidity, hopefully the other 3000+ have been alot better then the one's I've read. I guess in my last post I did say something "worthwhile" because you did reply. Do better next time............later Gomer.

September's sales figures are out. Without knowing anything about Chrysler's sales, because they no longer report monthly

Hope this comes through.. the by model is listed

Figured this is what you were looking for, the 300:

9,231 (9/07)

10,632 (9/06)

-10%

90,251 (9 mos 07)

106,107 (9 mos 06)

-15%

http://cgmedia.daimlerchrysler.com/newsrel...7346&mid=23

Chrysler LLC Announces Overall September 2007 U.S. Sales Down 5 Percent,

With Retail Up and Fleet Down as Planned

Chrysler brand car sales rise 10 percent over September 2006 led by Sebring Sedan and Convertible

Jeep® brand sales down 11 percent year-over-year with retail up and fleet down, driven by planned fleet reductions

Jeep Wrangler sales increased 71 percent versus last year

Dodge brand sales up 5 percent from the same period last year, driven by Ram Pickup and Nitro

Dealer inventory down 15 percent or 82,000 units versus September 2006

Auburn Hills, Mich., Oct 2, 2007 -

Chrysler LLC reported U.S. sales for September 2007 of 159,799 units; down 5 percent compared to September 2006 with 168,888 units sold. All sales figures are reported as unadjusted.

“With the overall industry down versus September 2006, Chrysler retail sales remain strong,” said Darryl Jackson, Vice President – U.S. Sales. “Our fleet sales continue to trend down more than 20 percent driving the overall sales decrease for the month. This is directly in line with our plan to reduce daily rental fleet during the second half of the year.”

Chrysler brand car sales were led by Sebring Sedan which posted sales of 4,418 units and Sebring Convertible which finished the month with sales of 1,639 units. Chrysler Aspen sales rose 8 percent versus August 2007 with 3,875 units.

Jeep® brand sales were down 11 percent year-over-year with retail sales up and fleet down driven by planned fleet reductions, while Wrangler posted gains. Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited posted sales of 8,605 units, up 71 percent versus September 2006.

Dodge brand sales increased 5 percent over last year led by Dodge Ram which posted a gain of 20 percent. The all-new Dodge Nitro was up 2 percent over August 2007.

Chrysler finished the month with 450,733 units of inventory, or a 71-day supply. Inventory is down by 15 percent compared to September 2006 when it was at 533,220 units.

The new Taurus---IMHO---has looks, ride, features, and quality. The one complaint I've heard from several people is the price. A loaded one stickers for $33-34K; that's a little steep compared to a loaded '06 Taurus.

Cool axe in ur avatar! Is that Robin Zander of Cheap Trick?

i just bought an 08 limited.dark ink blue (really neat color, all metal flaky in sunlight),pretty decked out,stickered at $28,880.

its a pretty sweet car really.totally quiet at 100 mph.i really like it.

it is kind of disenchanting to learn that all those people who have been checking it out in traffic and parking lots were only doing that cuz its so ugly.lol

i just bought an 08 limited.dark ink blue (really neat color, all metal flaky in sunlight),pretty decked out,stickered at $28,880.

its a pretty sweet car really.totally quiet at 100 mph.i really like it.

it is kind of disenchanting to learn that all those people who have been checking it out in traffic and parking lots were only doing that cuz its so ugly.lol

LOL. Yeah its too bad those same people arent in the dealerships buying them.