should I wait

piper87C

:stats:

I'm planning on purchasing a new truck in 08, and a new Ford is near the top of the list of possibilities.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether I should wait until 09 if there is to be a big change or just go with the 08?

thanks

JB

Major, changes set for 2009 model year, 2008 realease. The 09' has body style, frame and major engine and transmision changes coming. More power, more economy with the new 6 speed Automatic transmisions. Its going to be a major improvement over the current F150s. If at all possible I would wait for the 09s.

Major, changes set for 2009 model year, 2008 release. The 09' has body style, frame and major engine and transmission changes coming. More power, more economy with the new 6 speed Automatic transmisions. Its going to be a major improvement over the current F150s. If at all possible I would wait for the 09s.

Many powertrain options will be late starters, some probably not till 2010MY (ie. 4.4L diesel, Boss)

Many powertrain options will be late starters, some probably not till 2010MY (ie. 4.4L diesel, Boss)

I thought the 5.4 was getting a bump in power and economy in 09, but its my understanding the 6 speed is 100% set to be in the new body style 2009 model year trucks. I thought the Diesel was green lighted for the 09MY, but its not a big surprise if its seen more delays, in light of the issues the SD PSD has faced since its launch at the beginning of this year.

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. I have an escape and a ranger both of which have given good service so am leaning towards another Ford. The other options are a Chevy truck or Avalance or a Dodge truck. It is going to be tough with this information to not wait until next year and see what is offered.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

... I thought the Diesel was green lighted for the 09MY...

There was an unauthorized announcement by a retired Ford Management type that said '09, but that is a dream.

They are struggling to meet an engine Job #1 of Dec '09, which makes it a late 2010.

As for improved 5.4L and 6 speed for '09 F150, I have no data. There was talk of putting the V10 in the F150 until the BOSS (a.k.a. Hurricane) was available (not '09). Now, I'm don't know if either engine will ever be available in the F150 !

There was an unauthorized announcement by a retired Ford Management type that said '09, but that is a dream.

They are struggling to meet an engine Job #1 of Dec '09, which makes it a late 2010.

As for improved 5.4L and 6 speed for '09 F150, I have no data. There was talk of putting the V10 in the F150 until the BOSS (a.k.a. Hurricane) was available (not '09). Now, I'm don't know if either engine will ever be available in the F150 !

Once again, thanks for the good information. I would like to wait but if I can't the current trucks are really nice as they are.

Although the note regarding the spark plug problems was one I was not aware of

thanks again

jeff

Once again, thanks for the good information. I would like to wait but if I can't the current trucks are really nice as they are.

Although the note regarding the spark plug problems was one I was not aware of

thanks again

jeff

Also, I don't know how important fuel efficiency or the cost of fuel is to you, but waiting until 2008 to make your purchase might not be such a bad idea. If fuel costs increase anywhere near where the pessimists predict (crude up to $100/bbl and gas increases by 20 cents/gal) you may reconsider if you really want a full-sized truck. On the other hand, if the cost of gas is no big problem, incentives ought to go way higher to move trucks off the dealer lots...especially 2008 models prior to the model change.