5W20 oil?

Steeltoes

I can only assume that Ford recommends 5W-20 synthetic blend in cars other than the Mustang Bullitt is the same that they went to it for the Mustang. Start emissions are reduced using the 5-20W s/b. If you use anything else, like say 10-30 synthetic, you may risk not passing the start up emissions portion of your states emissions testing. I got that straight from the product manager.

Use what you will, I keep the 5-20W s/b in all the cars and trucks that Ford recommends.

I can't figure out how oil viscosity affects emissions. 5W-20 replaced 5W-30 for one reason - fuel economy and CAFE compliance. Period.

I can only assume that Ford recommends 5W-20 synthetic blend in cars other than the Mustang Bullitt is the same that they went to it for the Mustang. Start emissions are reduced using the 5-20W s/b. If you use anything else, like say 10-30 synthetic, you may risk not passing the start up emissions portion of your states emissions testing. I got that straight from the product manager.

Use what you will, I keep the 5-20W s/b in all the cars and trucks that Ford recommends.

Same here. No problems.

Plug for Royal Purple, but how did that answer the man's question that you replied too?

I know for the newer auto transmissions, they use Mercon V, which is synthetic. I have the manual trans which came with Mercon III. I've heard that on the newer trucks that the gear oil in the diff is synthetic. Pretty sure that back in 2000, it wasn't. I just wanted to make sure that all the lubes were synthetic. You could even go one step further and repack your wheel bearings with synthetic grease.