Thank you Ford

kickstart346

As it stated thanks .I was a Ford ,Lincoln Tech for 10 years 1985 to 1995 most of my time was at Don Reid Ford in maitland Fl. Problem is I have been driving lincoln,s for 15 years 1998 towncar and also wifes mark8 1997 Great cars but went looking to buy new truck and new lincoln. Nothing ford, lincoln Had to offer me went shopping Gm nothing they all look the same.Went to Dodge Drove their truck Wow the power of the Hemi. All i can say is I bought A Hemi truck 2005 model fully loaded the way it rides and handles . Thanks Ford for your but ugly (Imo) truck and lack of power.Well we also ordered the SRT 8 300 C 425 horsepower 4 door. Wow this is just one heck of a car .The quality, The power is unreal and the way it handles is like it,s on rails. I would like to say that Mopar is building what I want in a car and truck. Good luck FoMoCo.

Thanks Dave S.

Springhill Fl.

hemidaveo5@earthlink.net

I was mech.I ran around with John fowdy the used car mech also couple other people just cannot remember their names. I spent alot of time at the bar Tom & Jerry,s right next door . I left Don Reid and went to sunstate Ford (what A joke) Got all my tools stolen from their. B)

And your point is......?

My point would be Ford needs to do some rethinking on what people want.Look at mopar building powerful V8 ,s that does not need supercharger to make power,Rear wheel drive cars.better looking trucks (Imo) That is my point I could go on and on but what for.I was 100 % Ford.Till I looked the other way and Mopar is building what i like!

Edited by kickstart346

My point would be Ford needs to do some rethinking on what people want.Look at mopar building powerful V8 ,s that does not need supercharger to make power,Rear wheel drive cars.better looking trucks (Imo) That is my point I could go on and on but what for.I was 100 % Ford.Till I looked the other way and Mopar is building what i like!

Well, then buy Mopar, it's a free country.

But that Hemi engine is not a cureall; it is just b a r e l y legal under today's emissions standards. Any belt tightening and its performance advantage will be gone. Not quite as bad as the 70s big blocks that were suffocating under their smog equipment, but the Hemi really isn't tomorrow's engine. It's today's. Where the industry is headed in the next five-ten years is toward California's SULEV II standards, at present only Ford makes V6s that meet this standard, and Ford sells more PZEVs than any other company (a PZEV is a SULEVII engine with a zero evaporative loss fuel system and a long warranty on that system and engine).

What I'm trying to say is that DCX's Hemi is not necessarily a flash-in-the-pan, but it is an engine with a short lifespan.

Also worth noting is that if Ford was selling the 300, they would still be losing marketshare because they sell far more trucks and SUVs as a percentage of overall volume. If Ford was selling the 300C, and continuing to lose marketshare, you'd still have vultures circling overhead, and the 300 would be deemed a failure.

Edited by RichardJensen