TSB FOR Wind noise and TSB for cooled seats

mcanton40

Just took my 07 Limited to the dealer for the two TSB'S .They will be replaceing the driver side mirror for the wind noise issue. And the TSB for the cooled seats is replacing the blower I think not sure. My wife has been telling me all summer that the passenger seat cooling was not very good. Also mentioned the driver seat that sqeekes when I take off or brake. Also my CD changer will sometimes just move from one slot to another for as long as 30 seconds sometimes when I start the truck up. That doesn't happen very often but got lucky and it happened at the dealer this morning:} replaceing that also. Still no fix for the 12v Power outlet causeing the blower moter to sometimes get stuck on high and no control until you cycle the engine off. 10,000 miles and I do love this truck. I have never experienced any shifting issues. Go Blue ! Beat State.

Just took my 07 Limited to the dealer for the two TSB'S .They will be replaceing the driver side mirror for the wind noise issue. And the TSB for the cooled seats is replacing the blower I think not sure. My wife has been telling me all summer that the passenger seat cooling was not very good. Also mentioned the driver seat that sqeekes when I take off or brake. Also my CD changer will sometimes just move from one slot to another for as long as 30 seconds sometimes when I start the truck up. That doesn't happen very often but got lucky and it happened at the dealer this morning:} replaceing that also. Still no fix for the 12v Power outlet causeing the blower moter to sometimes get stuck on high and no control until you cycle the engine off. 10,000 miles and I do love this truck. I have never experienced any shifting issues. Go Blue ! Beat State.

Yes, there are two TSB's for wind noise. One, is like you say to replace the mirrors, the other is to adjust the rubber glass weatherstripping. I am having major wind noise that is caused from the A pillar of the door window frame not seating tight enough to the body, causing the outer weatherstripping to be ineffective.

As for the seats, they can adjust the computer to send more voltage to the blower on the seat. That is TSB 7-15-5.

Glad your are enjoying your expedition...hopefully the issues will be resolved however there is a big problem with the issue you mentioned I belived you meant to say

GO STATE!!! BEAT MICHIGAN!!!

GOOOOOO GREEEEEN!! GOOOOO WHITEEEE!!

Lets make it 6 years in a row ! Go blue ! And fix the clock lol PS They are replaceing the blower for the cooled seats, new mirrior, had the B piller issue already fixed ? And they are replacing my radio-CD player. Not sure about the driver squeeking seat. Pick it up Thursday afternoon.

Edited by mcanton40

Do you have a TSB number for the wind noise coming from the mirrors? I'm taking mine in for that exact problem Monday. Thanks - Jeff

I think the numbers change as they get updated. Here is the description.

TSB

07-19-8

FORD: 2007 Expedition

LINCOLN: 2007 Navigator

ISSUE:

Some 2007 Expedition and Navigator vehicles built before 05/07/2007 may exhibit wind noise around the exterior driver and/or passenger doors. This may be most noticeable near the A-pillar area of the door.

ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

NOTE: IF THE VEHICLE BUILD DATE IS ON OR AFTER 5/07/2007, THIS TSB DOES NOT APPLY. CONTINUE WITH NORMAL WORKSHOP MANUAL DIAGNOSTICS.

Tape the trailing edge of the mirror sail down to the front window glass from the tip of the mirror sail to the belt molding.

If the noise goes away, replace the mirror on the effected side. Both mirrors do not have to be replaced.

If the noise does not go away, continue with normal Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 100-04 diagnostics.

PART NUMBER PART NAME

8L1Z-17682-AA Mirror - Expedition-Passenger - Power/Heated Convex - Middle Eastern Countries

8L1Z-17682-BA Mirror - Expedition-Passenger - Power Heat/Memory

8L1Z-17682-CA Mirror - Expedition-Passenger - Power Heat/Memory - Middle Eastern Countries

8L1Z-17682-DA Mirror - Expedition-Passenger - Power/Heated Convex

7L1Z-17682-EA Mirror - Expedition-Passenger - Power

7L1Z-17682-FA Mirror - Expedition-Passenger - Power - Middle Eastern Countries

8L1Z-17682-GA Mirror - Navigator-Passenger - Power Heat/Memory Power Fold / Expedition-Power Fold, Power Adjust

8L1Z-17682-HA Mirror - Expedition-Passenger - Power Fold/Power Adjust - Middle Eastern Countries

8L7Z-17682-AA Mirror - Navigator-Passenger - Power Heat/Memory Power Fold

8L7Z-17682-BA Mirror - Navigator-Passenger - Power Heat/Memory Power Fold - Middle Eastern Countries

8L1Z-17683-AA Mirror - Expedition-Driver - Power/Heated

8L1Z-17683-BA Mirror - Expedition-Driver - Power/Memory/Heat

7L1Z-17683-CA Mirror - Expedition-Passenger - Power Heat/Memory - Middle Eastern Countries

8L1Z-17683-DA Mirror - Navigator-Drivers - Power Heat/Memory/Power Fold / Expedition-Power Fold/Power Adjust

8L7Z-17683-AA Mirror - Navigator-Drivers - Side Power Heat/Memory/Power Fold

WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage

IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

071615A 2007 Expedition/Navigator: Replace One Mirror, Includes Time To Road Test To Verify Concern (Do Not Use With 17682C, 23943A) 0.7 Hr.

071615B 2007 Expedition/Navigator: Replace Both Mirrors, Includes Time To Road Test To Verify Concern (Do Not Use With 17682C, 23943A) 1.1 Hrs.

071615C 2007 Expedition/Navigator: Extra Time To Paint One Mirror, This Labor Operation Should Be Claimed With Labor Operation A (Do Not Use With P101, P17) 1.0 Hr.

071615D 2007 Expedition/Navigator: Extra Time To Paint Both Mirror, This Labor Operation Should Be Claimed With Labor Operation B (Do Not Use With P101, P17) 1.5 Hrs.

DEALER CODING

BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE

17682 07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would try taping the tailing edge and see if that works first. I had mine replaced and the wind noise is still present. It's getting in between the A pillar and the door frame.

post-20541-1129991990_thumb.jpg