Last year for the LS?

• 2 weeks later...
When will the last LS ... or has production already ended?

Too bad that Ford just gave this market segment to the resurgent Cadillac, the DCX Hemis and the RWD Japanese luxury cars.

Oh what could have been if Ford would have modified the LS for the DOHC 4.6 and the '03-'04 SVT Cobra 4.6 . . . .

What if Lincoln would have built an LS in the performance envelope of the V-Series Cadillacs or the M5 BMW or the AMGs?

What if Lincoln would occassionally consider styling updates of the LS? . . . .

I feel sorry for the hard-working WIXOM employees who relied on Ford to engineer and market competitive products but were completely abandoned by those "managers" who wouldn't know a decent RWD sports sedan if it hit 'em on the golf course . . . .

• 1 month later...

It is confirmed that the last Lincoln LS will roll off the Wixom Assembly line on April 13th around 2:30 or 3:00 pm DST. This is sad news for all you Lincoln LS fans. Let's hope the MKS is half the car the LS was.

Edited by lsguy

lsguy - Ken - how do you know this is accurate?

Who? I work in Clinton Township where we do a lot of Ford production work. Got wind of it earlier today from one of our distributors. Also, it was confirmed about 3 or 4 posts up from here back in November that it would happen this week before Easter. Maybe you need to do a little research yourself.

Tomorrow is Job # last one.

Who will get the last one?

What I heard was that one of the design team members of the first LS will get the choice. Also, it's scheduled to come off the assembly line earlier than predicted but that may be held up by all the picture taking and such that follows such an event.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a person working here at our location that might be able to get some of the event pictures of the last LS. He has a good friend that works at Wixom. Hopefully, he can get some photos of the event. I'll pass them on if and when I get them.