Edge: The BEC prediction 1 Year Anniversary

range

Yeah, just like Falcon is half way between Fusion and Taurus,

Territory is half way between the Edge and Taurus X and has optional 3rd row as you say.

FoA admits to knowing nothing about any future palns of Global RWD vehicles

or even the joint CUV project, I sure hope you're right about Explorer and Territory

as that would make a power of sense.

The Explorer and Terriorty co-development was the impression I got from what I've read here. And since they are both RWD more SUV than CUV type people mover whatever you'd like to call-ems, and serve essentially the same purpose, why shouldnt they be developed together?

The Explorer and Terriorty co-development was the impression I got from what I've read here. And since they are both RWD more SUV than CUV type people mover whatever you'd like to call-ems, and serve essentially the same purpose, why shouldnt they be developed together?

I was under the impression that the next Explorer will be unibody..

I was also under the impression that as Ford AUS is developing the Global Ranger, they would also develop the next Everest which would be BOF and replace the Territory (or merge both into one SUV model)...

It would make more sense for Ford to share the Ranger platform and pull a stunt similar to Toyota's IMV project (HiLux/Tacoma Pick Up and Fortuner BOF SUV). Mitsubishi is doing the same with the L200 1 ton truck and the new Montero Sport that should be launched within the next 3 months if my sources are correct...

I have to say - even in the import heaven of Philadelphia, the Edges are all over the place, and my better half talks about how well they look more and more ... I will wait for the 2010MY refresh, and might just buy it .. I know i have been talking about a lot of cars that I might buy .. I just have too many I king of like - but none that I really truly love at this point .. but I think with a better interior, the edge might just hit the sweet spot ..

Igor

I was under the impression that the next Explorer will be unibody..

I was also under the impression that as Ford AUS is developing the Global Ranger, they would also develop the next Everest which would be BOF and replace the Territory (or merge both into one SUV model)...

It would make more sense for Ford to share the Ranger platform and pull a stunt similar to Toyota's IMV project (HiLux/Tacoma Pick Up and Fortuner BOF SUV). Mitsubishi is doing the same with the L200 1 ton truck and the new Montero Sport that should be launched within the next 3 months if my sources are correct...

My knowledge of products is basically what I learn on here.....what I typed about the Explorer/Territory combo was what IIRC I read here somewhere. But I could be wrong, so dont take my word as complete fact. I'm not a Ford insider by any means, just your average, everday BON poster.

I'll start a new thread about this Explorer/Territory thing --maybe Igor has some insight?