• 5 weeks later...

Actually,this is not true!

I HAVE personally seen an advertisement for the New Taurus. They are out there.

I have said all along that Ford should rename the current "fleet queen" Crown Victoria the LTD. To those that believe that, on a Ford, LTD is pronounced "limited", you are not correct, LTD is pronounced "ell - tee - dee"...if you wanted the car to be called "Limited", you would write it out.

Crown Victoria should go on a stretch Taurus model with unique styling and a D37 or TF V6.

I was at my Ford dealer the other day looking at a 2008 Focus (Damn fine deals on '07 Foci leftovers) my salesman was upset that as of yet, Ford has no advertising going on the new Taurus. Lets go Ford....get those ads rolling.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll have to forgive Ford, they haven't advertised a flagship sedan in so long they've forgotten how.

a local L/M dealer near here did ads for the (gasp) Grand Marquis last Christmas. 24mpg full-size luxury for $20k. they sold a whole bunch, until ford told them to stop. :banghead:

I think ford wants it to die, but they need the money too much.

I think the LTD name would do fine. skip the interceptor name if it ever comes out.

LTD on the interceptor concept body but without the suicide doors, mabey a little longer with some legroom

Galaxie 500 same body,less luxury mabey a p70 option for taxi/police (hey ford, tell somebody next time you do this it might sell better)

Marquis, same platform more stately body/roofline (again p70 option)

Continental and/or towncar same platform, longer, suicide doors, and 64-69 Continental styling inside and out.

none of these care really need to be BOF construction, but I dont think it should be ruled out either. (60-69 continental was unibody)

mustang and cougar need to share platform and high performance drivetrains. you want customers in the L/M dealers? try that not a mazda clone.

replace the ranger with a ranchero

dump the package mentality, and offer options again.

I've been a ford/lincoln/mercury guy my whole life, I bleed ford blue. I dont like a thing they make now, and cant tell 70% of them apart, from other fords or other cars. the lincoln letter thing sucks too. the Mustang is the only exception in my opinion.

I'm not old, and I remember all these old cars, the 30+ crowd has more money to spend, why cater only to 17yr olds?

when accountants get to run the company, they will ALWAYS run it into the ground

You'll have to forgive Ford, they haven't advertised a flagship sedan in so long they've forgotten how.

a local L/M dealer near here did ads for the (gasp) Grand Marquis last Christmas. 24mpg full-size luxury for $20k. they sold a whole bunch, until ford told them to stop. :banghead:

I think ford wants it to die, but they need the money too much.

I think the LTD name would do fine. skip the interceptor name if it ever comes out.

LTD on the interceptor concept body but without the suicide doors, mabey a little longer with some legroom

Galaxie 500 same body,less luxury mabey a p70 option for taxi/police (hey ford, tell somebody next time you do this it might sell better)

Marquis, same platform more stately body/roofline (again p70 option)

Continental and/or towncar same platform, longer, suicide doors, and 64-69 Continental styling inside and out.

none of these care really need to be BOF construction, but I dont think it should be ruled out either. (60-69 continental was unibody)

mustang and cougar need to share platform and high performance drivetrains. you want customers in the L/M dealers? try that not a mazda clone.

replace the ranger with a ranchero

dump the package mentality, and offer options again.

I've been a ford/lincoln/mercury guy my whole life, I bleed ford blue. I dont like a thing they make now, and cant tell 70% of them apart, from other fords or other cars. the lincoln letter thing sucks too. the Mustang is the only exception in my opinion.

I'm not old, and I remember all these old cars, the 30+ crowd has more money to spend, why cater only to 17yr olds?

when accountants get to run the company, they will ALWAYS run it into the ground

What is Ford's problem with a dealership existing to serve it's customers? I don't understand that logic at all! But hey... I do like your comments about how the future of the Panther platform should evolve. As I mentioned several times. People like myself (Under 40) still love to drive a traditional RWD car!