Analysts divided on Ford's new labour deal

suv_guy_19

You are the master of words. However, clothes is not pronounced cloZe. It is pronounced clo-thes. If I wanted to play with phonetics I'd point out 'ghoti' can be the same as 'fish'. I just have issue when people say clothes like close. They are likely the same people that stutter out um, uh, ah, eh, like, and, etc.

I say /kloz/ not /klo(th)z/. It's a dialectical difference, as in /grizi/ vs. /grisy/ (greasy). Listen to "Little Pink Houses" sometime and catch the barest hint of a 'z' in Mellencamp's vocals. He grew up close to the Ohio Valley, which forms the rough boundary between /grizy/ and /grisi/.

And as I said before you aren't in a position to say something like "clothes is not pronounced cloZe", no one is.

Do you say /clozlain/ or clo(th)slain/ (clothesline)? What about /clozpIn/ vs /clo(th)spIn/ (clothespin)?

Edited by RichardJensen

I know its biased, but it has enough truth to it. The fact is we are only hear the bad things about your system and you only hear the bad thigns about ours.

Nahh, we actually only hear good things about other systems. Half of America hates America. I personally, seeing as I'm a healthcare consultant, think government healthcare in its current form is terrible because of how it incentivizes(<--- is this a word?) people.

Nahh, we actually only hear good things about other systems. Half of America hates America. I personally, seeing as I'm a healthcare consultant, think government healthcare in its current form is terrible because of how it incentivizes(<--- is this a word?) people.

Yeah yeah, you hate fat people I know.

Divided, I suppose into the group of analysts that understands that you have to give something to get something, and the group of analysts that needs two hands, a flashlight, and an illustrated manual to find their own backside.

Ford has to sustain the punishment in Wallstreet to secure a ratification, at which time they will release their intent on the use of the language and reveal our screwing for damage control with their investors. Or they are intentionally driving down the stock price in oder to buy their company back and go private, I hope it is the later. Although I would take a beating on my stock it would be better for the company if they weren't a slave to it's shareholders. After Crystler went private I foresee that the other two domestics will in the long term go the same route, I just don't know if that time is now for Ford! That's the only reason that I think that they have offered a deal that at face value appears better than the other two domestics while the papers are reporting that they were in the worst financial shape. You would think it was suicide, unless they have an ace in the hole.

Ford has to sustain the punishment in Wallstreet to secure a ratification, at which time they will release their intent on the use of the language and reveal our screwing for damage control with their investors. Or they are intentionally driving down the stock price in oder to buy their company back and go private, I hope it is the later. Although I would take a beating on my stock it would be better for the company if they weren't a slave to it's shareholders. After Crystler went private I foresee that the other two domestics will in the long term go the same route, I just don't know if that time is now for Ford! That's the only reason that I think that they have offered a deal that at face value appears better than the other two domestics while the papers are reporting that they were in the worst financial shape. You would think it was suicide, unless they have an ace in the hole.

If Ford went private you would likely get a premium over the current price. They would have to disclose with the SEC if they started buying a large amount of stock. But yeah, once it's ratified, I give it until after Christmas to make some more big cuts. Probably when 1Q results are released or maybe early 2Q. Ford tends to be a bit nicer about some things than private equity and GM. If I was at Ford I wouldn't be spending much this Xmas.

And this kills me, please spell Chrysler the right way.

If Ford went private you would likely get a premium over the current price. They would have to disclose with the SEC if they started buying a large amount of stock. But yeah, once it's ratified, I give it until after Christmas to make some more big cuts. Probably when 1Q results are released or maybe early 2Q. Ford tends to be a bit nicer about some things than private equity and GM. If I was at Ford I wouldn't be spending much this Xmas.

And this kills me, please spell Chrysler the right way.

It's no worse than Toyoda. If the current price was at $4 or even $2 dollars $3 or $5 dollars would be a premium wouldn't it!

It's no worse than Toyoda. If the current price was at $4 or even $2 dollars $3 or $5 dollars would be a premium wouldn't it!

Correct, but Ford is not going private. Because once again, they are very well positioned globally. Chrysler had NO international presence.

Correct, but Ford is not going private. Because once again, they are very well positioned globally. Chrysler had NO international presence.

They are only losing money in NA why wouldn't they pull all manufacturing and put it in the lowest cost labor market logistically possible under bankruptcy protection? I think I may take the buyout and move to Hermosillo and open a trucking company. I've held a CDL for almost 11 years and this is the only way I see to raise my family in a growing economy. I'm getting sick over corporate America and I am a loyal American, but I'm a loyal father and husband first!

Edited by Furious1Auto

They are only losing money in NA why wouldn't they pull all manufacturing and put it in the lowest cost labor market logistically possible under bankruptcy protection? I think I may take the buyout and move to Hermosillo and open a trucking company. I've held a CDL for almost 11 years and this is the only way I see to raise my family in a growing economy. I'm getting sick over corporate America and I am a loyal American, but I'm a loyal father and husband first!

Because they can't just move all production out of this country because: a)It would take a couple years and b)UAW contracts. Also, declaring bankruptcy is not a first choice. To be perfectly honest, if Ford could pay all it's line workers here $14/hour with a 401k and average health insurance, there would be no reason to go overseas due to shipping costs. You might see more product in Mexico, but I'm pretty sure those costs would bring them right in line if not better than Toyota and Honda.

Because they can't just move all production out of this country because: a)It would take a couple years and b)UAW contracts. Also, declaring bankruptcy is not a first choice. To be perfectly honest, if Ford could pay all it's line workers here $14/hour with a 401k and average health insurance, there would be no reason to go overseas due to shipping costs. You might see more product in Mexico, but I'm pretty sure those costs would bring them right in line if not better than Toyota and Honda.

Shit I would have excepted a TESPHE contributions in lieu of my any further traditional pension contributions if the sum was great enough, at least I would have had my retirement protected if they did flop!

Al Gore invented the Internet. This is U.S. territory. :stirpot:

Tim Berners-Lee Englishman invented the WWW in the early 90's, Al Gore is a neo-green entrepreneur who got some big prise for telling some cock and bull on global warming on film, and being a complete hypocrite who is going to make a lot of money when he becomes president of the USA, you will all be forced to eat lentil soup, wear green woolly jumpers (Which you can only change once a month) and drive a G-WIZ, cycle on Al's green bikes or jog to work, flatulence will also carry a mandatory life imprisonment, hanging the electric chair in some States, or pay a $250,000 fine into Al's presidential campaign fighting fund.