First pics of new Euro Ford Focus Wagon

richardmayo

• 3 months later...

I wish this wagon was available in the U.S. I recently wanted to replace my 2000 Focus wagon with a 2007, but I waited too long and none were to be found. My only alternative was to buy a used Focus so I found a nice 2006, I'm very satisfied with my 2006 wagon.

In light of gas prices, I feel it was foolish to discontinue all three "utility" models (2/4 dr HTCHBK & WGN). At the least they should have kept the wagon for those people who decide even a small Utility Wagon is too much of a gas hog and would prefer something affordable, econmical and practical. The SUV market can not hold forever.

Agree this wagon should be available now. That's what my wife told the Ford Rep at the Cleveland Auto Show this week. She wants to replace her Saab 9-3 SportCombi in August with a similar sized wagon and would prefer a domestic of the same size. The Ford Rep said the Focus wagon was dropped because of low demand and Ford had no plans to add it back to the line. My wife was directed to the Edge...a much larger vehicle. I'm not sure if she'll go for the Edge (a test drive may determine that), and the Mazda models are off the table because of poor local dealer support. Oh well...

• 2 weeks later...