Explorer 2007 - Whirring Sound from Dash

My Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr 2007 has an intermittent whirring sound coming from under the dash on the passenger's side. It happens every time I press any pedal, brake or throttle, and it is getting worse every day.

After two visits to the dealer the problem persist and nobody knows what is really happening. Any idea?

Patan4x4

I thought I was hearing a similar problem. It turned out to be the 6spd transmission making the sound. After a couple of months decelerating to a stop started to become clunky as the vehicle kicked from 2nd to 1st. Fortunately, Ford was able to repair it under a TSB. And sure enough, I don't hear the whirring sound anymore.

I hope your problem is not the same as mine was. I worry what is going to happen when my vehicle goes out of warranty.

• 1 month later...

Just in case someone wants to know what finally happens.

Problem solved, It was located in the Intake Air System, a misplaced air filter was causing the noise that we finally heard in the dash. Very strange, but the noise disappear.

Two very young guys were required to find the origin of the noise, my friend and me :beerchug: . One pressing the throttle and the another searching where the noise was coming, finally under the hood and not under the dash.

A noise coming from the air intake system give him a clue, we only opened the air cleaner cover and reinstall the Air Cleaner (filter) with care and that was all.

It tooks us only five minutes and a ride in the highway to make sure that everything was ok.

Well, the guys at the Ford service dealer have something to learn, teamwork !!!

Happy New Year !!!!!!!!

:party2:

Edited by Patan4x4

Just in case someone wants to know what finally happens.

Problem solved, It was located in the Intake Air System, a misplaced air filter was causing the noise that we finally heard in the dash. Very strange, but the noise disappear.

Two very young guys were required to find the origin of the noise, my friend and me :beerchug: . One pressing the throttle and the another searching where the noise was coming, finally under the hood and not under the dash.

A noise coming from the air intake system give him a clue, we only opened the air cleaner cover and reinstall the Air Cleaner (filter) with care and that was all.

It tooks us only five minutes and a ride in the highway to make sure that everything was ok.

Well, the guys at the Ford service dealer have something to learn, workteam !!!

Happy New Year !!!!!!!!

:party2:

You mean teamwork?