Hyundai Genesis

LincolnFan

FWD is inherently better in the snow than RWD.....

I'd heard of people who drove their Vettes in the winter because the fiberglass body wouldn't rust. But they had problems with the frame rusting....and separating (may have been an urban legend though!).

Nope, it's the truth. Actually you didn't have to drive them in the snow for the frame to rot out. Rain would do the job quite nicely. Water and mud would get trapped inside the frame right in front of the rear tires. They would then rot from the inside, out. First sign of trouble is when you can't close the doors easily.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ain't Wal-Mart...you can't have a one-stop shop for subcompact bare bones $10K A/B-cars and 300+hp RWD V8 luxo cars and expect the far ends of each spectrum to be taken seriously.
Well...Mercedes-Benz sorta does, at least in Europe. A-Class compact hatch to S-Class executive sedan. Of course, they started from the top down, not the other way around. Same thing with Audi and BMW. There's an A1 hatchback concept out, and the 1-Series is the smallest roundel I've ever seen.

Now to bring the thread back on track...what kind of features would have to be on the car in a fully loaded model for you to say "It's not missing something"? I'm wondering about this, since we all have differing levels of "loaded".

For me, it's...

-6-speed automatic

-available AWD (because I'm in Michigan)

-full leather interior

-navigation with touch screen

-premium sound system

-front, side, side curtain and knee airbags

-radio and climate buttons on the steering wheel

-tilt/telescopic steering wheel

-automatic climate control

-cruise control

-traction control (just a lot of control, in general :))

-one-touch up and down power windows

-power seats with memory

-heated seats

-great sound system

-hard drive

-iPod connectivity

-voice activation

There's probably something I forgot.

Edited by CarShark

Well...Mercedes-Benz sorta does, at least in Europe. A-Class compact hatch to S-Class executive sedan. Of course, they started from the top down, not the other way around. Same thing with Audi and BMW. There's an A1 hatchback concept out, and the 1-Series is the smallest roundel I've ever seen.

I knew someone would bring up Mercedes and Audi, hence my disclaimer "bare bones A/B class". We are talking econobox, not luxo microcars here. I don't think anyone is going to cross-shop a Mercedes A-Class with an Accent.

This ain't Wal-Mart...you can't have a one-stop shop for subcompact bare bones $10K A/B-cars and 300+hp RWD V8 luxo cars and expect the far ends of each spectrum to be taken seriously.
Edited by Intrepidatious