Hyundai Genesis

LincolnFan

Hyundai Geneis revealed in Korea

What can I say, talk about a diversion and conflict of opinion.

The car looks outright disgusting, there's nothing that can even redeem it... It has to been redone from scratch to look good, no bodykit or anything else can save it.

On the other hand, I believe I have the right to bitchslap the hell out of every personnel who worked to make the MKS, this Hyundai outright embarasses it, if I were to choose between the two cars I'd pick the Hyundai, and I am headstrong fanboy-type of person. This car has got more right than wrong which is the exact opposite in the case of the MKS. It's not funny at all that a Hyundai is much better than a Lincoln, it's actually sad. Really sad that the car company who once made the Zephyr and the Continental is being beaten, getting the floor mopped with the company that made the Excel 20 years ago.

For shame, every person, and especially you, Mr. Peter Horbury, the least you could have done to the MKS was design it right from the beginning.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a Mercedes S-class....only cheaper. Definitely an improvement for Hyundai though. It still has ZERO personality though.

It has a good interior for it's price (which will probably undercut the MKS).

It has a V8 engine with 375HP and 6-speed (which will probably cost much less than the TF).

It has RWD (no comment on the MKS here).

If this thing can handle corners well and maintain a cheap price, it will be a big hit.

my thoughts exactly...although I can't say that is a bad thing...375 from a V8.....not bad, not great but not bad.....Hyundai is getting cajones.....

Not Great?! name any NA V8 that can put more than that in it's class, it beats the living hell out of everything, and for fun and more flames in this topic, it will mop the floor with the 09 Mustank.

Edited by LincolnFan

Hyundai Geneis revealed in Korea

What can I say, talk about a diversion and conflict of opinion.

The car looks outright disgusting, there's nothing that can even redeem it... It has to been redone from scratch to look good, no bodykit or anything else can save it.

On the other hand, I believe I have the right to bitchslap the hell out of every personnel who worked to make the MKS, this Hyundai outright embarasses it, if I were to choose between the two cars I'd pick the Hyundai, and I am headstrong fanboy-type of person. This car has got more right than wrong which is the exact opposite in the case of the MKS. It's not funny at all that a Hyundai is much better than a Lincoln, it's actually sad. Really sad that the car company who once made the Zephyr and the Continental is being beaten, getting the floor mopped with the company that made the Excel 20 years ago.

For shame, every person, and especially you, Mr. Peter Horbury, the least you could have done to the MKS was design it right from the beginning.

I thought you liked the MKS.....

It has a good interior for it's price (which will probably undercut the MKS).

It has a V8 engine with 375HP and 6-speed (which will probably cost much less than the TF).

It has RWD (no comment on the MKS here).

If this thing can handle corners well and maintain a cheap price, it will be a big hit.

Not Great?! name any NA V8 that can put more than that in it's class, it beats the living hell out of everything, and for fun and more flames in this topic, it will mop the floor with the 09 Mustank.

Wow, your certainly in a mood.

I thought you liked the MKS.....

Never said it was flawless, this car exploits every weakness it had and beats the living hell out of the MKS through it, there isn't enough Damage Control that I can do to redeem the MKS, it's just pathetic compared to this freakin' Hyundai.

Wow, your certainly in a mood.

Offcourse I am.

Never said it was flawless, this car exploits every weakness it had and beats the living hell out of the MKS through it, there isn't enough Damage Control that I can do to redeem the MKS, it's just pathetic compared to this freakin' Hyundai.

Sure it is :rolleyes:

Edited by suv_guy_19

And if it has not been said before, according to the article a fully loaded Genesis (with a 375 HP V8 and RWD) will come in around $40K USD.

Yeah, actually that is surprisingly low, considering that the price of the MKS is already low. I can't believe that the Hyundai will have the features of other Luxury cars for that price. I also don't know if people will take it serious as a luxury car.

And if it has not been said before, according to the article a fully loaded Genesis (with a 375 HP V8 and RWD) will come in around $40K USD.

And that's how it's done Ford, Lincoln is not a cheap brand you dimwits, when will you ever learn? 17 years and they haven't even realised it yet, they're not stopping at Jaguar, now they're trying to push Volvo upmarket. Fucking idiots will never learn that Volvo is nothing more than a spruced up VW.

The MKS is no longer a value luxury vehicle, it's just a failed attempt.

And that's how it's done Ford, Lincoln is not a cheap brand you dimwits, when will you ever learn? 17 years and they haven't even realised it yet, they're not stopping at Jaguar, now they're trying to push Volvo upmarket. Fucking idiots will never learn that Volvo is nothing more than a spruced up VW.

The MKS is no longer a value luxury vehicle, it's just a failed attempt.

Wow....the desert heat must really be getting to you. We still know very little about this car in terms of Luxury. Calm down.

This may be a great car, but the question needs to be raised: Is the American public finally ready to pay a premium price for a HYUNDAI? We'll see when it goes on sale. As nice as it might be, it could theoretically still be a miss if the market doesn't trust the brand yet to this level.

Wow....the desert heat must really be getting to you. We still know very little about this car in terms of Luxury. Calm down.

On the contrary, it's 19C right now.

Haven't you seen the spy shots where the car was fully exposed? It had more wood than any Jaguar could ever dream of.

It will have high-tech accessories as well, you are the one who knows very little of this car my cold friend.

This may be a great car, but the question needs to be raised: Is the American public finally ready to pay a premium price for a HYUNDAI?

Granted the Genesis is 1/2 the price, I wonder if this will turn out to be the next Phaeton or even Passat W8. Both of those cars offered premium features, with a price tag that was a bit out of touch with the rest of the brands mainstream metal.

Until I see exactly what Hyundai is bringing to the table, I'm not ready to call this a sure fire hit. The pricing is going to have to be spot on, and the dealer network better be prepped to make the experience of owning a Genesis well worth it.

What a bunch of dolts. Declaring a just reveled car is better than a car that hasn't even been released.

Since all we have to go on is rag details and some pictures, I'll say the MKS looks-wise is a hell of a lot better than that Hyundai monstrosity. Freakin' people never seem to come up with something that has real American looks. Just more of the usual toaster generic looking sheet metal.

The Lincoln name may be damaged but it still has luxury connotations. That's something the name Hyundai certainly doesn't have. I have serious doubts this car will have much impact in the luxury market. I mean, the whole reason Toyota came up with the Lexus brand was to remove the pedestrain stigma attached to Toyotas so that people would pay a premium for them. If Toyota had to do that, how much luck is Hyundai going to have selling in that market?

The Lincoln name may be damaged but it still has luxury connotations. That's something the name Hyundai certainly doesn't have. I have serious doubts this car will have much impact in the luxury market. I mean, the whole reason Toyota came up with the Lexus brand was to remove the pedestrain stigma attached to Toyotas so that people would pay a premium for them. If Toyota had to do that, how much luck is Hyundai going to have selling in that market?

Good point.

The goods are there (well, based on what has been released), but will the name hurt it (Hyundai). Look how long it took VW to move upmarket.

Offcourse I am.

3 words....ITS A HYUNDAI.....I hear Kia is making a Maybach fighter as well...........

Edited by Deanh