08' Engine Block Heater Option

"All 6.4 PSD come with the block heater element installed from the factory but only these states have the cord in place as well:

Engine Block Heater (Std. in AK, CO, IA, ME, MN, MT,ND, SD, WI, WY)."

"If your truck was not originally ordered and shipped to one of these states, then the block heater cord was an Option that needed to be ordered with the truck. You can purchase the block heater cord from your dealer or local Navistar dealer and install the cord yourself."

Is The Above Statement True? Is the engine block heater element a standard implement in all 6.4 PSD engines from the factory? If so, does this mean that all I need to do is purchase the cord? That would be great news if this is indeed the case. :happy feet:

Edited by DieselJambalaya

"All 6.4 PSD come with the block heater element installed from the factory but only these states have the cord in place as well:

Engine Block Heater (Std. in AK, CO, IA, ME, MN, MT,ND, SD, WI, WY)."

"If your truck was not originally ordered and shipped to one of these states, then the block heater cord was an Option that needed to be ordered with the truck. You can purchase the block heater cord from your dealer or local Navistar dealer and install the cord yourself."

Is The Above Statement True? Is the engine block heater element a standard implement in all 6.4 PSD engines from the factory? If so, does this mean that all I need to do is purchase the cord? That would be great news if this is indeed the case. :happy feet:

Just need the cord.