Bullitt deal question

98CrownVic

Hi folks. Long time since I posted here.

So, I have in my hand a price quote for an 08 Bullitt. Highland green. $32,775.10 out the door. NC is the state.

Edumicate me guys....

tx,

98CrownVic

Hi 98CrownVic. :D First, if you want some accurate pricing help, you are going to need to "edumicate" us!

Exactly what equipment does the car have, both factory options, and any Dealer add-ons they may be trying to pad their profit with.

What is the real Factory MSRP (off the Window sticker). Well, actually I guess you can't see an MSRP off the Window Sticker, since I don't believe there are any Bullitt's in the Dealerships yet, correct? To be honest, I"m not sure if the "Pricing Guides" are even out for the Bullitt yet!

Did the Dealer tell you what the real MSRP is, including all options and option packages? Are you trading-in a vehicle, and does that price include the trade-in allowance?

All I know at this point is that the Ford website says that the Bullitt pricing starts at $31,075. I don't mean to be a cynic, but I find it hard to believe that any Dealer is going to let a limited volume, Special Edition Bullitt go "out the door", including tax, title and registration, for that price. That would mean that your price before tax, Title and Registration would be less than MSRP, even if it has no options!

I live in NJ, and just adding Sales Tax (7%) to the Base MSRP, I would be paying $33,250! Maybe NC does not have Sales Tax?

Anyway, to give you any kind of "edumication", we need a lot more information.

If you can really get that price, "Out the Door", without a Trade-In, and with Tax, Title and Registration included, I would say snatch it up.

But again, I am a cynic, so I am having a hard time believing the Dealer.

Let us know the answers to these questions.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

HA! Good questions...sorry for not enough info.

No trade. Price $31,270. Tax $938.10. Tags $67.00. As far as options go, I guess I don't know other than what is listed on the Ford website. Base package is pretty good. I suspect few add ons because of low quote. Car arrives in a week.

This paperwork allows me to look into various financing options. Dealer said %6.25 was his best.

thanks,

98CrownVic

No trade. Price $31,270. Tax $938.10. Tags $67.00. As far as options go, I guess I don't know other than what is listed on the Ford website. Base package is pretty good. I suspect few add ons because of low quote. Car arrives in a week.

This paperwork allows me to look into various financing options. Dealer said %6.25 was his best.

thanks,

98CrownVic

Hi 98CrownVic. :D Well, as the Ford website states, the base Mustang Bullitt MSRP is $31,075.

So,, here is one way to look at it: Even if there are no options, you are only paying $195 over MSRP on a new introduction, limited volume, Special Edition Mustang Bullitt. Not a bad deal.

Now, I am going to play Devil's advocate. My last 11 cars were purchased on the Ford Z-Plan, saving me at least thousands off of MSRP for each one. I personally would not pay MSRP (or above) for any car (and I have owned 4 Mustang GT's over the years, all purchased new). Unless that car had some heavy options on it, bringing the MSRP to over $33,000-$34,000, I would not pay $31,270. But that is just my personal quirk, and is obviously influenced by accessibility to the Z-Plan pricing (and I am sure the Bullitt will be ineligible for AXZ-Plan pricing for some time).

As far as the 6.25% APR: If you belong to a Credit Union, check out their new car loan rate. Check out the new car loan rates at your bank. Take a loan from whichever offers the best rate between the Dealer, Ford Motor Credit, Credit Union, Your local bank, Uncle Vito etc, etc.

Having said all that, that price ($195 above MSRP) is still probably about the best I think anyone will get for a Mustang Bullitt at such an early date. So if you are happy, I am happy too. And after all, it is all about me, right? :hysterical:

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Mostly what these guys said. However I would go to Consumer Reports.org (?) and request a qoute from them. They will provide for a few $$ a complete pricing of the Bullitt in question. To include what the dealership pays on invoice, and I think his hold back that he recieves at a later date, like one month. The Bullitt is eligible for most if not all of the Mustang rebates and incentives to include employee pricing. However, if you have the CR pricing of your car the dealership will usually negotiate a lower price. Because they want your sale and they aren't going to let you go away without buying a car. Even if they are eating one. Besides, there are several SE packages out there. And that is starting to eat away at the ADMs (Additional Dealer Markups) . :reading:

I know of two guys that have used this to get their Bullitts at discounted pricing. Yeah they had to order their car and they will wait. But for a couple grand off the sticker, you bet they can wait. Can you earn and pay that much on the car in so little time?

98CrownVic, the Bullitt your looking at has one option-

Sirius Sat Radio w/6mo service which is $195.

The only down side is the little black dome antenna that will be on the deck lid (hole drilled through too).

I looked at the dealer I'm buying from today and they have 15 (12 grn /3 blk) listed so you can see all the different prices w/various options.

Edited by AustinSVT

thanks,

98CrownVic

Look around at some mustang specific forums...I had one priced out before I bought my GT/CS...and we were BELOW MSRP. You can get one X plan if you have the PIN, but you should be under or around $30,000 to start even without X-plan. DO NOT pay an ADM on this car. Shop around long enough and you will be able to get your car for about 1000-1500 below that price.