Harley Davidson F-150

Explorer4X4

I am curious about what are sales numbers for Ford's Harley Davidson Edition F-150? I am just wondering because I see them all over. I assumed it would be a low volume truck, but I see at least two in Kenai every day. I know they are all different because I will see them within ten minutes of each other, and there are two customized ones (mainly huge rims). All are 2003+ models, all are black. They've got to be selling pretty good, for how common they are. I never would have thought there was a market for such a truck. I'll try and get pictures of them as I can.

I am curious about what are sales numbers for Ford's Harley Davidson Edition F-150? I am just wondering because I see them all over. I assumed it would be a low volume truck, but I see at least two in Kenai every day. I know they are all different because I will see them within ten minutes of each other, and there are two customized ones (mainly huge rims). All are 2003+ models, all are black. They've got to be selling pretty good, for how common they are. I never would have thought there was a market for such a truck. I'll try and get pictures of them as I can.

I don't think Ford breaks down sales numbers by model (they may do it for themselves, but not publically, from what I've seen). I see quite a few as well. I think the market for them may be partially just the desire for a customized truck that has already been customized, but that's my guess.

Since you brought up that they were all black, do you all remember the silver and black one Ford produced for a while?

103harley2.jpg

I don't think Ford breaks down sales numbers by model (they may do it for themselves, but not publically, from what I've seen). I see quite a few as well. I think the market for them may be partially just the desire for a customized truck that has already been customized, but that's my guess.

Since you brought up that they were all black, do you all remember the silver and black one Ford produced for a while?

103harley2.jpg

I remember that truck. I loved it. They did a comparo between it, the silverado ss and the dodge ram hemi. It was very nice.

Ford planned for 3k units a year, but they sell more along the lines of 13k a year - hence the new - even higher - Platinum edition coming for 2009.

Igor

13k, not bad. Thats got to be how many Ridgeline's Honda sells in a year. :hysterical: What is this Platinum Edition I am hearing about? Is it a new model, or a variation on the Harley Davidson?

13k, not bad. Thats got to be how many Ridgeline's Honda sells in a year. :hysterical: What is this Platinum Edition I am hearing about? Is it a new model, or a variation on the Harley Davidson?

Like suv_guy said, it essentially replaces the Mark LT as the top truck in the F-150 lineup.

Here's a link to pictures:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-f-150-future.html

Edited by rmc523

a new trim of F150 - unlike Harley Davidson, it will have unique interior.

Igor

The black and silver F-150 Harley edition pictured above was a one year only 100 anniversary supercharged model. In 2003 both Harley and Ford celebrated their 100 centennials. Harley also built matching silver and black painted 2003 anniversary edition motorcycles that year.

Technically the Harley F-150s are not a separate model, they are Lariats with the Harley trim option. The King Ranch is also a trim package on a Lariat.

I've seen a couple of fake Harley F-150s running around. On the outside a black '07/'08 FX-2 F-150 looks almost identical to a Harley except for the emblems and wheels, so replace the emblems and fake out most people while saving about 10 grand.

d'oh platinum .. :D

Getting confused w/ European model designations?

BTW, earlier, you said the Platinum interior was different than the Lariat interior. I was wondering if it's completely different, like the Silverado's "work" interior vs. the "luxury" interior difference, or if it's slightly different like the Lariat vs. King Ranch difference?