Smoking Regeneration

I was a little shocked to see smoke for the first time from my '08. I had about 13,000 miles on it. About 4 miles into my 16 mile hwy commute it felt like it went to regen and I noticed blue smoke as I pulled two short hills, smoke only on the up hill.

Second time coming back from Wisconsin at 75mph, around 375 miles into the day I was on a flat stretch and shortly after it started doing its thing I blew some blue ( or what appeared to be) from the pipe. It was close to a fogger for a few seconds.

Has anyone seen this? Can someone explain the sequence of operation when regen is required. Thanks

My Dad's '08 has been doing that for about 6 months now. He had been working with a couple different dealerships about the problem and they didn't have a clue what was going on so he checked out another local dealership and they said it needs a software update and one of the sensors in the DPF needs replacing, supposedly it is out of spec.

Edited by MTSuperCrew

• 2 weeks later...