romeo local contract

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck getting any good info on Romeo and its been a long time since anyone claimed to be from Dearborn Engine.

I think that both plants have done a good job at creating opportunity and keeping work in their facilities. Without the leadership at these 2 locations there would not be any Romeo and you would be losing work at Dearborn!! Good job guys. I do not really think that it is going to be IMT's....maybe a little helping hands, but no IMT's. Again they have done a good job and every location has helping hands language. They just don't use it because management does not know how to implement. The Leadership under Johnny Verelin will make it work in Romeo!! :shades:

I think that both plants have done a good job at creating opportunity and keeping work in their facilities. Without the leadership at these 2 locations there would not be any Romeo and you would be losing work at Dearborn!! Good job guys. I do not really think that it is going to be IMT's....maybe a little helping hands, but no IMT's. Again they have done a good job and every location has helping hands language. They just don't use it because management does not know how to implement. The Leadership under Johnny Verelin will make it work in Romeo!! :shades:

Hey Sap, I thought you werent going to be responding to me any more?? LOL... Yeah I'm sure east side has created their own isolated island and good for them by creating opportunity for their own workforce and keeping work in house while keeping all other Ford ee's out. Bravo.....

Hey Sap, I thought you werent going to be responding to me any more?? LOL... Yeah I'm sure east side has created their own isolated island and good for them by creating opportunity for their own workforce and keeping work in house while keeping all other Ford ee's out. Bravo.....

:hysterical: Sorry forgot to read who posted!! :finger:

We were told at our state of plant meeting that Romeo and Dearborn were about ready to start their IMT programs. So we take it neither local contract has been presented yet? Can anyone there find out if IMT language is in your local?

We can thank Johnny and Jeff for that...good job guys....lol. I do not want to travel that far to keep my Ford job if I can help it. Looks like we are covered under that zone#2..Captain your right, Johnny is the sharpest Chairman on the Eastside. Romeo will be in good hands for years to come.

We can thank Johnny and Jeff for that...good job guys....lol. I do not want to travel that far to keep my Ford job if I can help it. Looks like we are covered under that zone#2..Captain your right, Johnny is the sharpest Chairman on the Eastside. Romeo will be in good hands for years to come.

Remember all islands must have bridges built someday. And they may never get built...........

We were told at our state of plant meeting that Romeo and Dearborn were about ready to start their IMT programs. So we take it neither local contract has been presented yet? Can anyone there find out if IMT language is in your local?

IMTs are DEAD.......No such thing ANYWHERE!!!!!!

IMTs were snuffed out nationally.....

They sure were, thanks to Johnny Verellin, Jeff Terry(PTO) Chris Crump and Chris Viscomi for assembly and Charlie Gangarossa and Davine El-amine Wilson in Stamping. They may have done some things locally to build a good business case to insource or keep some work. They did this for the good of the membership. They may have some helping hands language, but in no way do they have IMT's!! Heck, we all have helping hands language in our agreements. If you think that you don't you better read more closely!! Good job guys/gals for keeping us away from the IMT BS!!!

Edited by Captain723

Sorry but you are right and wrong. IMT's were snuffed out at national level but the locals are still pushing for it. Here at LEP we are still doing the IMT program even though we voted our local contract down that was full of IMT language. We were told , by our plant manager, that Romeo, Dearborn and Cleveland were getting ready to do their IMT programs. We were also told that if we didn't do it that they were going to close our plant!! Yea Right!!!! From what we understand the IMT program will cover all of powertrain. We have heard rumors that our new local contract still has a lot of IMT language in it also but we haven't been presented with it yet. We need to hear from The other engine plants on if their local is pushing this IMT crap. We were topld that Bob King wants this IMT for powertrain. So our answer to that is we don't!! So maybe he needs to come down here to Lima so we can remind him who he works for!!! Because we certainly will let our local know at election time.

They sure were, thanks to Johnny Verellin, Jeff Terry(PTO) Chris Crump and Chris Viscomi for assembly and Charlie Gangarossa and Davine El-amine Wilson in Stamping. They may have done some things locally to build a good business case to insource or keep some work. They did this for the good of the membership. They may have some helping hands language, but in no way do they have IMT's!! Heck, we all have helping hands language in our agreements. If you think that you don't you better read more closely!! Good job guys/gals for keeping us away from the IMT BS!!!

We wish they would give up on it locally . Our local is pushing this IMT bullshit down our throat. Why don't the internatiuonal step in and tell our local to drop it???

Sorry but you are right and wrong. IMT's were snuffed out at national level but the locals are still pushing for it. Here at LEP we are still doing the IMT program even though we voted our local contract down that was full of IMT language. We were told , by our plant manager, that Romeo, Dearborn and Cleveland were getting ready to do their IMT programs. We were also told that if we didn't do it that they were going to close our plant!! Yea Right!!!! From what we understand the IMT program will cover all of powertrain. We have heard rumors that our new local contract still has a lot of IMT language in it also but we haven't been presented with it yet. We need to hear from The other engine plants on if their local is pushing this IMT crap. We were topld that Bob King wants this IMT for powertrain. So our answer to that is we don't!! So maybe he needs to come down here to Lima so we can remind him who he works for!!! Because we certainly will let our local know at election time.

Listen there will be some IMT language, just like the original intent....not like the intent that the company has. They think skilled will be working on the lines...NOT.... there will be IMT language but only how it was originally intended and that is flexible lines of demarcation. You must do this where it makes sense in order to be competitive....I heard that they are thinking of starting back up the windsor plant. If it comes down to helping hands and working together or closing the plant...what would you benefit from closing your plant? Some people can not move and would love to stay there and finish out their years in LEP. Be strong against the company's version of IMT but the unions version is helping hands and working together to stay competitive!!

Edited by Captain723

Listen there will be some IMT language, just like the original intent....not like the intent that the company has. They think skilled will be working on the lines...NOT.... there will be IMT language but only how it was originally intended and that is flexible lines of demarcation. You must do this where it makes sense in order to be competitive....I heard that they are thinking of starting back up the windsor plant. If it comes down to helping hands and working together or closing the plant...what would you benefit from closing your plant? Some people can not move and would love to stay there and finish out their years in LEP. Be strong against the company's version of IMT but the unions version is helping hands and working together to stay competitive!!

Our local is dead set on trades working as full time operaters in the maching areas. Helping hands don't bother us at all. We don't mind that. It's the part of having to operate a machine and also do your trade that is the problem. We can't seem to get our local away from this idea. Soon outside contractors will be doing our old trades jobs and our local is too stupid to see that!!!

Our local is dead set on trades working as full time operaters in the machining areas. Helping hands don't bother us at all. We don't mind that. It's the part of having to operate a machine and also do your trade that is the problem. We can't seem to get our local away from this idea. Soon outside contractors will be doing our old trades jobs and our local is too stupid to see that!!!

Our local is dead set on trades working as full time operaters in the machining areas. Helping hands don't bother us at all. We don't mind that. It's the part of having to operate a machine and also do your trade that is the problem. We can't seem to get our local away from this idea. Soon outside contractors will be doing our old trades jobs and our local is too stupid to see that!!!

How long are they really talking?? All day? I really do not know in LEP but in East side they were just talking about qualifying the line up to 5 minutes or something! I haven't been a part of the discussions but I am sure this hasn't changed. They are not going to allow outside contractors in to do your work, but if doing a little extra means keeping work then I think you need to look at it with an open mind and believe me they will not let outside contractors in to do your work. At LEP the company got a little carried away with the whole IMT thing, but the International Union stepped in and took care of it. Your committee didn't have any direction at the time, they now have direction and are trying to keep work in the plant. You should commend them on their job. The task that they are trying to accomplish are difficult. Do what makes sense to keep the work, not working on the line all day and not for any other reasons but qualifying the line or making sure it is ready to run!! I sse no issues with this! They definitely do not want to de-skill any of the tradespersons. Work through this issue and make it work so that you can have longevity at LEP. What makes sense and not working all day on the line!! (5minute minimium) I think that is what they have at the Rouge!! Not a big deal!!!

How long are they really talking?? All day? I really do not know in LEP but in East side they were just talking about qualifying the line up to 5 minutes or something! I haven't been a part of the discussions but I am sure this hasn't changed. They are not going to allow outside contractors in to do your work, but if doing a little extra means keeping work then I think you need to look at it with an open mind and believe me they will not let outside contractors in to do your work. At LEP the company got a little carried away with the whole IMT thing, but the International Union stepped in and took care of it. Your committee didn't have any direction at the time, they now have direction and are trying to keep work in the plant. You should commend them on their job. The task that they are trying to accomplish are difficult. Do what makes sense to keep the work, not working on the line all day and not for any other reasons but qualifying the line or making sure it is ready to run!! I sse no issues with this! They definitely do not want to de-skill any of the tradespersons. Work through this issue and make it work so that you can have longevity at LEP. What makes sense and not working all day on the line!! (5minute minimium) I think that is what they have at the Rouge!! Not a big deal!!!

5 minute rule on helping hands sounds like a fair way to go to me....kinda like bend but dont break defense.

Eastside has not done any IMT language, zero,notta,ziltch,none....SO please stop saying the "eastside". The eastsiders hear from the company that the westsiders or ohio boys are doing it so we need to also....it's called playing one off the other....wake up. Lima is it's own fucked up mess....but I am to understand INT UAW has already helped the committee at LIMA.

5 minute rule on helping hands sounds like a fair way to go to me....kinda like bend but dont break defense.

Eastside has not done any IMT language, zero,notta,ziltch,none....SO please stop saying the "eastside". The eastsiders hear from the company that the westsiders or ohio boys are doing it so we need to also....it's called playing one off the other....wake up. Lima is it's own fucked up mess....but I am to understand INT UAW has already helped the committee at LIMA.

Thanks for the clarification.....I agree with you that there was some confusion in LEP, but that was on the company's part. Everyone knows give them a inch and they take a mile. The committee at LEP will do what is right, but we all need to stick close through this so that one isn't doing anything the other is doing. Making a decicsion and drawing a line at 5 minutes will not allow the company to outsource work. It will aslo not allow the company to de-skill the trades! Thanks again wakeup for the info!! Now ave a nice hot cup of STFU!! :hysterical:

Thanks for the clarification.....I agree with you that there was some confusion in LEP, but that was on the company's part. Everyone knows give them a inch and they take a mile. The committee at LEP will do what is right, but we all need to stick close through this so that one isn't doing anything the other is doing. Making a decicsion and drawing a line at 5 minutes will not allow the company to outsource work. It will aslo not allow the company to de-skill the trades! Thanks again wakeup for the info!! Now ave a nice hot cup of STFU!! :hysterical:

yea I mean I dont want to give the company somehting that won't help them and piss everyone off. 5 minute rule would be a fair practice that I could see some gain and acceptance. I see it as a fair way to go IF WE HAVE TO GO THERE.

Whats a 5 minute rule? Our trades at LEP don't get 5 minutes OFF the line!!! They run machines all day every day

I thought that wakeup just said they ( I-Union) stopped that down there? :headscratch:

My understanding is that the issue was resolved or in the process of it...obviously this is not true as LEP mentioned. Maybe the union is worried you wont have a plant if the HPU is not low enough?