Batavia Transmission? Any news?

OHIOLOCAL863

When's the last day of production? Will they elect a new Plant Chairman? Any other important news?

What's going in across the street? Looks like some work is going on. Could it be that Ford has something in the works across the street? I'm sure Mike "Jobs Jobs Jobs" Warren will pull out some serious one liners.

Possible one liners from Warren. 1. We're working on it. 2. We're still in the running for the 6F midrange. 3. CD4E might be extended till 2010. 4. The plant might be converted to build engines. 5. Powertrain is considering us for the 8 Speed automatic for 2012.

When's the last day of production? Will they elect a new Plant Chairman? Any other important news?

What's going in across the street? Looks like some work is going on. Could it be that Ford has something in the works across the street? I'm sure Mike "Jobs Jobs Jobs" Warren will pull out some serious one liners.

Possible one liners from Warren. 1. We're working on it. 2. We're still in the running for the 6F midrange. 3. CD4E might be extended till 2010. 4. The plant might be converted to build engines. 5. Powertrain is considering us for the 8 Speed automatic for 2012.

6. CVT is the future....Oh, yeah, we already did that.......... http://cliffster51.nfshost.com/CVT.mp3

It is a sad thing that plant is shutting down, look at all the jobs that are going to be affected not only there but down the line with all the places that plant gets parts from. my grandfather worked at Sharronville, ohio plant and i still know a few guys that work there, for a little while there they were worried cause it did not have a new product lined up for a while.

Has there been a 'last date of production' set? Last I heard, it is to be sometime in June when assembly will stop. Probably will be determined more exactly when they get our replacement product up and running. Elections are to be held in April. Personally, I think Mike Warren is the man to stay with. It seems to me that what we need in these times are people of experience. I feel that Warren is the best qualified to pull it thru. If you were to talk with Mike, you would know he is rarely a man of one-liners. He is very accesible and will take as long as it takes to explain very accurately what is and what isn't. He dispels the rumors easily and is a very honest and open man. Be prepared to hear the truth from him eventhough it may not be the answer you wish to hear. Mike cuts thru the bs and tells it like it is. That is what we need at Batavia.

There is something going on across Hwy 32, a lot of heavy duty backhoes and such tearing things up. Don't know what it is all about or even if Ford is even involved in it. It might be some work that Clermont County is doing or maybe some other private entity. No one seems to know anything about it, which leads me to believe that Ford has nothing to do with it.