The Small Block Windsor

Evil95GT

To Ford Management:

I guess you could say my letter of praise is many years late. However, the old adage "better late than never" rings true more often than not. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for offering the 302 Windsor in the Ford Mustang. For my husband and I, this engine has been the basis of everything we have done to our colelction of Mustangs in the past 10 years. We've glamourized one in our 1989 show car (it's show and go), beat the crap out of one in our daily driver (91 LX), and raced several in our twin 1995 GTs. While some look at the Windsors as old school technology, I look at them as my past, present and future. Modifications are plentiful and economical. The engines are a breeze to work on. And with a mere $2200 invested in our first combo, we were propelled deep into the 12 second elapsed time zone.

While neither of us were able to afford an authentic 1995 Cobra R (with the 351W production), we're currently transforming my '95 GT into a powertrain clone. Finding parts has shown to be a challenge, but I truly do believe in the end, it will be worth it. We toyed with the idea of installing a 4.6 2V, another built 5.0, a 347 stroker (been there done that) or even a Marauder engine. In the end, we found it would be best to give the GT a Cobra R attitude, and build the car we let get away.

As strange as it may sound, the 5 liter Mustang brought my husband and I together. We had our brand new 1995s, and we met at a Mustang car show. We've been together ever since, and have been modifying the cars together as well. Our colelction has grown, cars have come and gone, but it amuses us to sit and think that we met due to a car with a specific powertrain. Thank you for making the Mustang what it was, and continues to be.

Good story Michelle. ;) As a matter of fact, I owned a 98 SHO and was into the car show thing too. Well, when my wife and I met she didnt like cars at all. That changed but it was rough at first. Last summer I spent every weekend at a car show in different states and she was right along with me except for the car show at Fun Ford Weekend at Norwalk Raceway. As you know thats a 3 day event and she didnt want to stay there that long. It wasnt too bad. I am from that area and I was able to see old friends and visit with my family....other then my dad racing there that weekend.

Edited by 98shotoy11

Good story Michelle. ;) As a matter of fact, I owned a 98 SHO and was into the car show thing too. Well, when my wife and I met she didnt like cars at all. That changed but it was rough at first. Last summer I spent every weekend at a car show in different states and she was right along with me except for the car show at Fun Ford Weekend at Norwalk Raceway. As you know thats a 3 day event and she didnt want to stay there that long. It wasnt too bad. I am from that area and I was able to see old friends and visit with my family....other then my dad racing there that weekend.

Wow! Excellent story! I wonder how we haven't ran into one another at FFW? We've done that show every year since 1997. :) Maybe we can all meet up at the 2006 event?

Another funny thing...my wife's name is Michelle too :lol:

You might have seen my car there. It was the only white Taurus SHO there. I didnt stay at my car all that much. I did alot of walking around and shoping at the trailors. I also had a couple friends there with their Mavericks.

Another funny thing...my wife's name is Michelle too :lol:

You might have seen my car there. It was the only white Taurus SHO there. I didnt stay at my car all that much. I did alot of walking around and shoping at the trailors. I also had a couple friends there with their Mavericks.

We had the triple white 89 LX with the plate "NO GO 50". I know, *which* 89 LX, lmao.

I'm not sure which car we're taking this year, but we should definitely meet up.

That would be cool. I planned on going this year....well next year but I was only going to go to Sundays events. Im not going to do the car show anymore. I got rid of the SHO and I am currently looking for a 89 stang.....prefferably a GT. But, I gotta get my job back before I get my toys LOL