New Ford owner

breeze

Hi all

We just bought a 2003 Windstar SE Sport . These vans are a godsend, lots of power and room in one size. This is our first Ford and we are very happy so far. We were going to buy an extended warranty(3yrs left on factory) but we decided against it because of the remaining factory warranty.

It has a 3.8l v6 does any one know the horsepwer and torque ratings for this engine in the Windstar.

For what we paid, this is an excellent buy, my work had a fleet of them and swore by them, now they have Freestar's.

Hi all

We just bought a 2003 Windstar SE Sport . These vans are a godsend, lots of power and room in one size. This is our first Ford and we are very happy so far. We were going to buy an extended warranty(3yrs left on factory) but we decided against it because of the remaining factory warranty.

It has a 3.8l v6 does any one know the horsepwer and torque ratings for this engine in the Windstar.

For what we paid, this is an excellent buy, my work had a fleet of them and swore by them, now they have Freestar's.

Congrats on your purchase! My parents are on their third one (96,98,03) and we have all been very satisfied with them. Their 03 Limited has been through hell and back and it has held up surprisingly well (except the power sliding doors). Good Luck with it!

Congrats on buying JD Powers most reliable minivan.

Your 3.8L V6 has 200 horsepower, and 240 ft/lbs of torque.

We had a 2001 Sport with TV/VCR, and it was the perfect family vehicle. With the spoiler and rims it looked sharp too. We had only a couple of silly issues with it, and all were fixed under warranty.

We had to get rid of it when the layoffs began to hit, otherwise we'd still have it.

I miss it a lot!

Congrats on buying JD Powers most reliable minivan.

Your 3.8L V6 has 200 horsepower, and 240 ft/lbs of torque.

We had a 2001 Sport with TV/VCR, and it was the perfect family vehicle. With the spoiler and rims it looked sharp too. We had only a couple of silly issues with it, and all were fixed under warranty.

We had to get rid of it when the layoffs began to hit, otherwise we'd still have it.

I miss it a lot!

Thanks Jason

We've had it a month now and we love it. Everyone warned me that mini vans burn alot more gas but it's costing me about 15-20 dollars a week more. With gas about $3.50+ a gallon in Canada I'd say it's good on gas.

Edited by breeze