Functional shaker

blueovalfan

• 2 months later...

I just got a Fang/Aeroform 'glass hood and shaker for mine...wish I coulda ordered it that way. I got the 'fixed' version, where the OEM Ford shaker cast scoop bolts to the hood- leaves a bunch more underhood room- the hood is 'hollow' ducting cold air to the airbox. Ford coulda made an easy grand otion price on it, but instead someone else did...

btw- regarding hoods: Ford NEEDS to get a handle on the aluminum corrosion. all the ones Ive looked at (our 06 gt has it really bad, the 07 pony we got last week has it, and two local guys gts that never see rain have it starting too) all have the underside edge corrosion- in a few years every mustang out there is going to have a blistered hood on it- what a shame...Our 07 is just beginning to lift/blister, but rather than warranty repaint, think I'll just clean it up, etch it and run seamsealer over it- surely would last longer than another goat of paint...our 06 though is horrible, its gotta be media blastedone spot about 1.5X3" is blistered and creeing about 1/2 inch up on the front visible edge- sorry but thats just not right on a barely 2 year old car that spends it winters in storage.

btw- regarding hoods: Ford NEEDS to get a handle on the aluminum corrosion. all the ones Ive looked at (our 06 gt has it really bad, the 07 pony we got last week has it, and two local guys gts that never see rain have it starting too) all have the underside edge corrosion- in a few years every mustang out there is going to have a blistered hood on it- what a shame...Our 07 is just beginning to lift/blister, but rather than warranty repaint, think I'll just clean it up, etch it and run seamsealer over it- surely would last longer than another goat of paint...our 06 though is horrible, its gotta be media blastedone spot about 1.5X3" is blistered and creeing about 1/2 inch up on the front visible edge- sorry but thats just not right on a barely 2 year old car that spends it winters in storage.

Or why not just go with composites for the hood? Worked fine for the 96-98 Cobras and for the decklids on all 99-04's.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a Fang/Aeroform 'glass hood and shaker for mine...wish I coulda ordered it that way. I got the 'fixed' version, where the OEM Ford shaker cast scoop bolts to the hood- leaves a bunch more underhood room- the hood is 'hollow' ducting cold air to the airbox. Ford coulda made an easy grand otion price on it, but instead someone else did...

I have an 05 bought April 2005 that has no issues with corrosion anywhere on the hood, and its not garaged at all.

Composites were used on all hoods of the SN95 cars IIRC and the decklids as you mentioned on the 99-04s

Hmm...thought the 94-98 V6/GT hoods were steel. After some research and looking at wrecked photos...yep. They plastic.

40860478a.jpg

40801713b.jpg

40870388a.jpg

20850323h.jpg

10804484a.jpg

10804461f.jpg

2106271i.jpg

Edited by NickF1011

Hmm...thought the 94-98 V6/GT hoods were steel. After some research and looking at wrecked photos...yep. They plastic.

I thought they were a sandwich. Remember, there being a recall by Ford, in that the inner and the outter hood panels would separate, and the outter one fly off. The fix was to drill holes thru the inner panel, and inject glue.

Composites were used on all hoods of the SN95 cars IIRC and the decklids as you mentioned on the 99-04s

Weren't the '03/04 Mach 1 hoods a composite? I remember many Mach 1 owners reporting their hood cracked, starting from a corner of the shaker opening.

I thought they were a sandwich. Remember, there being a recall by Ford, in that the inner and the outter hood panels would separate, and the outter one fly off. The fix was to drill holes thru the inner panel, and inject glue.

Well, they are a sandwich....of composites. And yeah, the Mach 1 hoods were composite as well.