1997 Ford E-250 and it now has over 1,000,000 miles

salsakingcpa

http://www.millionmilevan.com

(AND STILL RUNNING STRONG)

** 1,000,000 miles reached on 2-03-08 ** (Super Bowl Sunday - Giants 17 - Patriots 14)

**Current Mileage**

Hi, I’m Doug, aka Mr Main Event. I’m an expediter contracted on with Bolt Express in Toledo, Ohio. I drive a 1997 Ford E-250 and it now has over 1,000,000 miles on the original motor and original transmission. Both have never been rebuilt. Many parts on my van are still original. I’ve never had the transmission pan off and have never replaced the transmission filter. I’ve used only Valvoline brand of Oil and have used their T-Tech machine for my transmission fluid changes at approx every 50,000 miles. I change my oil approx every 10,000 miles. I have to add a quart of oil every full tank of gas so there is always some new oil in the pan. I just wait for it to go black before changing it. My longest period between oil changes was 55,000 miles a few years back. Is that bad?? I use the regular Oil, no high milage oil. On 7-16-07 I replaced my first muffler and tailpipe, in front of the muffler still original. I was able to get over 500,000 miles on my original serpentine belt before changing it. I kept it as a high milage trophy belt. I had to keep a belt with that many miles on it. With 1 million miles on the van, I’ve only broke down 4 times. 2 times it was the alternator and 2 times it was the fuel pump. Most all my repairs are done by Mytee discount automotive on Holland Sylvania rd in Toledo, Ohio. B&R quick lube in Monroe, Michigan is the oil change place that taught me about all my fluid changes. Big thank you’s go to both of them places.