No Warranty Repairs For Me

brair

The driver's seat frame on my 2006 Ford Focus broke in December of 2007 at less than 40,000 kilometers and about 2 years after purchasing it new.The seat was twisted 45 degrees and was undriveable.Ford claims it is excessive wear and they have a right to deny any warranty claim on anything inside the car.They said they would not cover the repair.

I say it is not a rip in the seat or a broken trim piece but an integral part of the safety system and should be covered under warranty.

One helpful dealer was willing to send in pictures of my broken seat to Ford for approval to repair but said it could take a week and a half to two weeks to get an answer.As I needed the car and no loaner was offered,I elected to let the broken frame be welded at my cost and took the car back.

I now wonder if the integtrity of the seat is compromised and again contacted Ford.Once agin Ford told me excessive wear and no repairs will be covered.

I believe this is ludicrous and feel that if I could get the right person's attention at Ford they would warranty the seat frame or entire seat and my problem would be resolved.

I don't know how to get Ford's attention and would appreciate any and all ideas on how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

brair

Being a little more descriptive may be helpful. Generally speaking, I suppose anything is possible. But also generally speaking, seats don't spontaneously bend 45 degrees, it may have helped your case to have tried to seek help before that much damage was done.

Your second problem owes to that you declined to have Ford engineers come out to look at it and getting it fixed by a third party. Not only would it helped your case, IF there is an actual design flaw you might have helped engineers identify and correct a flaw that may affect other Focus owners.

I don't understand why you declined the help they did offer.

Edit: Never mind, I responded in the other thread.

Edited by OAC_Sparky

I'm not too sure how helpful your reply is but thanks for saying something.

I saw over 45 people reviewing my post and no answers so even a joke is something.

I am answering more questions under Ford Motor Company Discussion if you care to follow the threads.

Regards,

brair

You haven't answered anything that people have said.

Since this was your 4th. post and you posted the same complaint in 3 forums, you mind posting what ever your responce was again in here?

Or did we happen to determine the real answers for you?

You haven't answered anything that people have said.

Since this was your 4th. post and you posted the same complaint in 3 forums, you mind posting what ever your responce was again in here?

Or did we happen to determine the real answers for you?

No, I haven't gotten any useful answers yet.I know I may be a fat ass but what I am asking is who I could talk to at Ford not medical opinions.I won't go into what my medical problems are but they are real.

I have posted as complete an answer as possible under Ford Motor Company Discussion.My computer skills are poor so I will not retype my answer here.If you are interested you can read my response there.If you just want to call me fat I've had enough of that lately,don't bother.

Regards,

brair

P.S.

It has beeen some years since I practised engineering but I can assure you that the seat must have been defective because the force exerted on the seat in an accident will have been many times greater for a 150LB person than a 300lb person in everyday driving.

PSS.If I have exposed a chink in the armour of your GOD(ie. Ford Motor Company of Canada) and ruined your life I am truly sorry.All I wanted to know was who to take my complaint to.

No, I haven't gotten any useful answers yet.I know I may be a fat ass but what I am asking is who I could talk to at Ford not medical opinions.I won't go into what my medical problems are but they are real.

I have posted as complete an answer as possible under Ford Motor Company Discussion.My computer skills are poor so I will not retype my answer here.If you are interested you can read my response there.If you just want to call me fat I've had enough of that lately,don't bother.

Regards,

brair

P.S.

It has beeen some years since I practised engineering but I can assure you that the seat must have been defective because the force exerted on the seat in an accident will have been many times greater for a 150LB person than a 300lb person in everyday driving.

PSS.If I have exposed a chink in the armour of your GOD(ie. Ford Motor Company of Canada) and ruined your life I am truly sorry.All I wanted to know was who to take my complaint to.

You stated that almost the complete seat (seat pan spring, Track, Hinge, and another spring/part) were broke. A defective 'part' is not the entire assembly as you described.

Another person diplomatically described your weight as 'slightly above obese levels'.

Any engineer can give you plenty of descriptions about mass and energy and the laws of Newton.

You might want to see what the local salvage yard will sell you a seat assembly for.

And you can sue anyone for anything. Lawyers make money no matter what side they try to represent.

For your satisfaction, pack the defective parts in a box and mail it certified mail to the address in the back of your owners manual and ask for a determination.

Good Luck, your really going to need it.

• 4 weeks later...

Ford is offering me no help and I want no more dealings with them.I will not be quiet about this but will tell everyone I know about their level of customer service.None.

My mechanic told me to buy Toyota or Honda and I will never be naive enough to buy another Ford.

And, Yes I will laugh heartily as Ford goes bankrupt because of poor management.I am not a Troll so I will feel badly for the honest worker who loses his/her job because of it.

Regards,

Brair

Ford is recalling over 100,000 2008 F-250 to F550 trucks because of weak seats and the hazard they could cause in a crash because of poor welding in the frames.Federal transport says the seats don't meet minimum strenghth requirements.

For my friend who is obsessed with obesity, perhaps he could tell those fat assed Ford truck drivers to their faces how they are overweight.I'm sure they would respond with nothing but kindness for his help.

I sent a copy of my documentation to Canada's Ministry of Transport so they can start investigating all the problems with Ford Focus' seats.Perhaps Ford would like to recall all those cars.I know they have lots of extra cash laying around.LOL

I won't bother anyone on this site anymore,so you'll just have to share your evil,meanness,name calling and backbiting among yourselves.Enjoy!

If we were playing Tennis here is where I would be saying Game,Set,Match.

Regards,

Brair

P.S. If you think the service manager should hang me out to dry now,please note that he already did before I even posted on this site

One day all you will have to choose from if you are successful are imports with a monopoly. Once they have control then they can extort you further, while they let the product go to hell and you have fewer choices!

They will still have to compete with each other: Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda (ford's share would be sold off), Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia, and whatever Chinese companies have entered the market by then.

We had to delete 18 responses to this topic.

If you can't help with useful advice, don't post.

The answer is simple, hold the dealer and Ford to account if it was not abuse. Call an attorney to see if you have a case. My opinion is if you are under the bumper to bumper warranty Ford is liable. It is also better to pay for repairs for someone who may have abused their vehicle, then to disallow a claim to someone who did not! This could have been done without every making one post. Do you really think any of us would tolerate the same?

Edited by Furious1Auto