Zeledyne

Is it just me or does this whole Zeledyne deal seem more and more like it never really was? I mean every time we turn around something else is holding it back!!! Not sure about the rest of you but, I am sick of living in the spin cyle of washing machine H&@L! :headspin: Has anyone else heard that his "BIG investor" (supposedly BOA) has backed out and that there is only a 50% chance of him buying NGP/TGP now? And what about this sh@# of the transfers will still happen-----when they tell us!!! When they tell us??? Well as far as I'm concerned that is like saying when H&@L freezes over. Yes, I'm upset and would really like any clarity that anyone else has on all of this. This is just what was heard thru the rumor mill at NGP and we all know that the rumor mills at any plant can be viscious and terribly terribly wrong! Here's to hoping this one is! :tequila:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does this whole Zeledyne deal seem more and more like it never really was? I mean every time we turn around something else is holding it back!!! Not sure about the rest of you but, I am sick of living in the spin cyle of washing machine H&@L! :headspin: Has anyone else heard that his "BIG investor" (supposedly BOA) has backed out and that there is only a 50% chance of him buying NGP/TGP now? And what about this sh@# of the transfers will still happen-----when they tell us!!! When they tell us??? Well as far as I'm concerned that is like saying when H&@L freezes over. Yes, I'm upset and would really like any clarity that anyone else has on all of this. This is just what was heard thru the rumor mill at NGP and we all know that the rumor mills at any plant can be viscious and terribly terribly wrong! Here's to hoping this one is! :tequila:

Things sure have gotten quiet, haven't they? It will be interesting to see if they try to enforce the flowback when we were all told by the IUAW that "all of the opportunities for flowback were contigent on the sale to Zeledyne".

Things sure have gotten quiet, haven't they? It will be interesting to see if they try to enforce the flowback when we were all told by the IUAW that "all of the opportunities for flowback were contigent on the sale to Zeledyne".

Tighten your belt your fixing to be in for the ride of your life. Mark my word the sale will never happen now. They will end up shuting it down within a year or so. Mr. Price's investors are having second thoughts. With the way the economy is and being in a recession what else could you expect. Those that wanted to stay at home just might have to pack their bags and head either to Mo. or Chicago. Good luck to all.

Tighten your belt your fixing to be in for the ride of your life. Mark my word the sale will never happen now. They will end up shuting it down within a year or so. Mr. Price's investors are having second thoughts. With the way the economy is and being in a recession what else could you expect. Those that wanted to stay at home just might have to pack their bags and head either to Mo. or Chicago. Good luck to all.

Not according to what we were told. Kansas City and Chicago are "special opportunities contigent upon the sale to Zeledyne going through." We were told if the sale did not go through, "everything was off the table on the transfer options." We were also told that if the membership voted the Zeledyne contract sale down there would not be another vote, so we know how that went.

Not according to what we were told. Kansas City and Chicago are "special opportunities contigent upon the sale to Zeledyne going through." We were told if the sale did not go through, "everything was off the table on the transfer options." We were also told that if the membership voted the Zeledyne contract sale down there would not be another vote, so we know how that went.

How in the world did they offer us "special opportunities" to CAP if they were going to take that plant to one shift anyway? They've said so much who knows what to believe. Along with the rest of the rumor I heard, they are saying yes the plant will be closed and it will take 8-12 months. They people that signed up for a transfer WILL still get to transfer, but not until they say so. Which is the way it was before I mean I don't expect to be able to pack my bags and say I'm going to work at KCAP, but a DEPENDABLE time line would be nice. They've said 8-12 months and the doors would be shut.....well ok 1. What happened to the "the doors to NGP will be closed BY the END OF 2008"? 2. Why are they calling the people that have already gone and taken the test (thru apps passed out last round to people hoping to get on at Ford) and asking if they are still interested in working at the "Glass Plant"? A good friend of mine got called today and they told him that he would be reporting to work in 2-3 months. Why? If they are shutting it down, why are they calling and asking if people still want to work there? None of it makes any sense to me! I think they are going to keep putting us thru the ringer until someone gets hurt. There are alot of people that can only take so much stress until they snap and this is causing stress in a big way to alot of families. Not just ACH facilities, but Ford as a whole.

PS I'm not one of those that will snap.......I'm just one of the people that resents having to go to work everyday looking over my shoulder and wonder when it will happen.

:shrug:

How in the world did they offer us "special opportunities" to CAP if they were going to take that plant to one shift anyway? They've said so much who knows what to believe. Along with the rest of the rumor I heard, they are saying yes the plant will be closed and it will take 8-12 months. They people that signed up for a transfer WILL still get to transfer, but not until they say so. Which is the way it was before I mean I don't expect to be able to pack my bags and say I'm going to work at KCAP, but a DEPENDABLE time line would be nice. They've said 8-12 months and the doors would be shut.....well ok 1. What happened to the "the doors to NGP will be closed BY the END OF 2008"? 2. Why are they calling the people that have already gone and taken the test (thru apps passed out last round to people hoping to get on at Ford) and asking if they are still interested in working at the "Glass Plant"? A good friend of mine got called today and they told him that he would be reporting to work in 2-3 months. Why? If they are shutting it down, why are they calling and asking if people still want to work there? None of it makes any sense to me! I think they are going to keep putting us thru the ringer until someone gets hurt. There are alot of people that can only take so much stress until they snap and this is causing stress in a big way to alot of families. Not just ACH facilities, but Ford as a whole.

PS I'm not one of those that will snap.......I'm just one of the people that resents having to go to work everyday looking over my shoulder and wonder when it will happen.

I agree that people can take only so much. It has been eerily quiet. Kind of like waiting for the other shoe to drop. But how fast can Ford find someone to take on and certify all of the parts? We have over 80 different parts that are fabricated here. :shrug:

It might be best for them to just not say anything.

Everything they have said did not happen so they would just seem more foolish than they already do.

It might be best for them to just not say anything.

Everything they have said did not happen so they would just seem more foolish than they already do.

For what it's worth, the Salaried people were told at an ACH townhall meeting last week, that there is "high confidence" that this deal with Zeledyne will be finalized by April 1. The other thing ACH management said at that meeting is that all the un-closed ACH deals would need to be finalized by the end of 2008. This doesn't mean instant shut down if the deal doesn't get done, but they did say it would be a firm decision to shut down -- no more sale efforts after 12/31/08. The bonus for the ACH executives is tied to getting the sales done, so they have a strong incentive to make it happen.

All ACH plants which don't have a sale pending by Dec 31 will go into wind down mode (similar to Indy). Management recognizes that it's "impossible" to shut everything down instantly, but they are going to stop trying to sell and begin starting to close. It's a big difference. :heartbreaker:

Visteon basically needs 10 days to "off-board" the salaried people, so look for something fairly firm by March 18. Nobody is going to say much (officially) until the ink is dry, but if they don't start telling people that "April 1 is the date" by around March 18, then it's a pretty good bet that the deal with Zeledyne is in serious trouble. One way or the other, this is likely to be decided in the next week or so, and we can all get on with our lives. :party2:

For what it's worth, the Salaried people were told at an ACH townhall meeting last week, that there is "high confidence" that this deal with Zeledyne will be finalized by April 1. The other thing ACH management said at that meeting is that all the un-closed ACH deals would need to be finalized by the end of 2008. This doesn't mean instant shut down if the deal doesn't get done, but they did say it would be a firm decision to shut down -- no more sale efforts after 12/31/08. The bonus for the ACH executives is tied to getting the sales done, so they have a strong incentive to make it happen.

All ACH plants which don't have a sale pending by Dec 31 will go into wind down mode (similar to Indy). Management recognizes that it's "impossible" to shut everything down instantly, but they are going to stop trying to sell and begin starting to close. It's a big difference. :heartbreaker:

Visteon basically needs 10 days to "off-board" the salaried people, so look for something fairly firm by March 18. Nobody is going to say much (officially) until the ink is dry, but if they don't start telling people that "April 1 is the date" by around March 18, then it's a pretty good bet that the deal with Zeledyne is in serious trouble. One way or the other, this is likely to be decided in the next week or so, and we can all get on with our lives. :party2:

Is is good to know they are keeping the salaried employees informed and that the executives are going to be receiving a bonus if they get the deal done. At least we don't have to worry about them now, just about how the $14.50 an hour people are going to survive.

Is is good to know they are keeping the salaried employees informed and that the executives are going to be receiving a bonus if they get the deal done. At least we don't have to worry about them now, just about how the $14.50 an hour people are going to survive.

People will get by the best way they can, and everyone will adapt to the new economic reality. The new culture sets up a different paradigm, and presents difficult challenges for everyone involved. Loyalty goes out the window, and everybody from hourly to salary becomes a short term mercenary. I don't see anyone signing up for lifetime employment at Zeledyne, but if somebody is making $9.50 at Walmart or MickeyD's, then $14.50 might sound pretty good to them. On the other hand, if Company X is hiring at a plant across the street at $16.00, I wouldn't stand between the door and the $14.50 an hour guys.

Same goes for the salaried people. With no pension accrual, and less attractive benefits than most of us are accustomed to, how many of the salaried folks that you know aren't going to be looking around for something better?? An "offer from Zeledyne" isn't anything more than a temporary position for ANYONE. It's just a starting point for the next round of bargaining. If you can get back on the Ford mothership, than more power to you. If you can find a better deal at Company X, than take it. (What's stopping you?). If you get a chance to bargain more money out of Zeledyne, than do it when the time comes.

Whining that "It isn't fair", and "How will anyone get by on $14.50?" doesn't do any good and just sounds pathetic. Step up; do what's right for you and yours, and like Lee Iaccoca used to say -- if you can find a better deal, than take it!

People will get by the best way they can, and everyone will adapt to the new economic reality. The new culture sets up a different paradigm, and presents difficult challenges for everyone involved. Loyalty goes out the window, and everybody from hourly to salary becomes a short term mercenary. I don't see anyone signing up for lifetime employment at Zeledyne, but if somebody is making $9.50 at Walmart or MickeyD's, then $14.50 might sound pretty good to them. On the other hand, if Company X is hiring at a plant across the street at $16.00, I wouldn't stand between the door and the $14.50 an hour guys.

Same goes for the salaried people. With no pension accrual, and less attractive benefits than most of us are accustomed to, how many of the salaried folks that you know aren't going to be looking around for something better?? An "offer from Zeledyne" isn't anything more than a temporary position for ANYONE. It's just a starting point for the next round of bargaining. If you can get back on the Ford mothership, than more power to you. If you can find a better deal at Company X, than take it. (What's stopping you?). If you get a chance to bargain more money out of Zeledyne, than do it when the time comes.

Whining that "It isn't fair", and "How will anyone get by on $14.50?" doesn't do any good and just sounds pathetic. Step up; do what's right for you and yours, and like Lee Iaccoca used to say -- if you can find a better deal, than take it!

I don't want to argue, just to make a point. It is easy to say "Step up; do what's right for you and yours" but it is going to be tough to step up when you were living well within your means at current wages today and tomorrow your pay is cut in half. How many do you think will have to file bankruptcy to live within your new means?

I'm not sure to say he's whining is correct at all. You're right in saying that the people that work at McDonald's making 9.50 an hour would like to be able to work somewhere making 14.50. BUT the offer wasn't given to the people with lesser paying jobs. The fact of the matter is Price made his offer to people who are accustomed to making quite a bit more, not the 9.50 an hour people. So, in the same way that you say those people would like the higher paying job offer, to us, it's a slap in the face and the faces of our families! And for you to even have said the things, that have you said, is a slap in the face to us! Who cares if the man at McDonald's would gladly take the offer, I don't want him to, because when he accepts it, he takes my job and the jobs of my UAW bros and sis'!!! And in the same breathe let me say too that I don't give two diddly squats about the bonuses of the top execs! If they would stop getting so many of those bonuses, then maybe we wouldn't have to worry about how anyone can get by on 14.50 an hour. Those top execs are walking around with nicely padded pockets, informed enough to sleep well at night, and don't give a damn about the fact that they are destroying families and lives with all the hogwash that they are putting the BACKBONE of this company through. Yes, I said it, BACKBONE OF THIS COMPANY!!! Those of us that work on the assembley lines, in the glass plants, parts plants, and any other plant I am forgetting (sorry guys and girls) are the ones that keep those top execs a job. Do you think for one minute that one of those guys would risk their lives, or their nicely tailored suits for that matter, to do what we do? Hell no! So, to say Tennesseepowerstroke is whining isn't correct! To say that he is fed up with going to work to... 1. work his butt off to pad the pockets of a top exec who could care less about us 2. wonder if he will be told to report hundreds of miles from home next week 3. wonder if he'll even have a job next week or 4. wonder which psycho down the line is going to come in and go postal because of all the stress those same top execs are putting on everyone.....is closer to the truth. (Well closer to the truth for me, I am pretty sure Tennesseepowerstroke can speak for himself! Sorry Tennesseep.s. to try and speak for you)

While I do appreciate your input from a salaried town hall meeting, I don't appreciate your input on stop whining. Are you one of those top execs getting that bonus?

Don't make it personal. No whining here, just concern for old friends who could not relocate for various reasons. You may be far removed from worrying about people making $14.50 an hour but people on the floor see the devastation beginning to take place with coworkers lives. I will be staying with Ford. As you said, loyalty is out the window with Zeledyne and when you hire the new workers at the new wage you will begin to realize just how important the loyalty of the Ford employees has been.

I guess we just expected to be informed and kept up to date on what is happening with the sale from management.

Don't make it personal. No whining here, just concern for old friends who could not relocate for various reasons. You may be far removed from worrying about people making $14.50 an hour but people on the floor see the devastation beginning to take place with coworkers lives. I will be staying with Ford. As you said, loyalty is out the window with Zeledyne and when you hire the new workers at the new wage you will begin to realize just how important the loyalty of the Ford employees has been.

I guess we just expected to be informed and kept up to date on what is happening with the sale from management.

Sorry -- my earlier post wasn't intended as a personal shot ("whining" =poor choice of words - I apologize). :extinguish:

We all have friends and colleagues who have been negatively impacted by the changes. I wish things could have continued as they were in the past when we were Ford Glass Division (pre- Visteon). Unfortunately, that way of life is probably gone forever, and the best any of us are going to do is to figure out how to deal with it going forward. There is a lot of pain involved. It's a fair point to question if the pain has been spread equally across the organization, but in my opinion both the ACH management and the UAW Leadership have done everything they can to make the best of a lousy situation. I am not an executive, but I have had a chance to talk to some of the people directly involved with negotiating this deal with Zeledyne. Without exception, everyone who I talked with is striving to get the best possible outcome for the employees - both hourly & salary. These guys aren't heartless -- they just have a very difficult economic reality that they couldn't ignore.

There's value in exchanging information and points of view in a forum like this. I wish we were hearing more "officially", but there's good information being posted on these threads. The people are the backbone & heart of this organization, so salaried or hourly, we all have a lot in common. Glass Operations has always been a pretty unique group of people. The vast majority are smart, dedicated, and hard working people who show up and do there jobs well -- both hourly and salary. To say we don't care about each other just isn't true. I just think we are seeing the end of an era. What the future holds for Zeledyne is anyone's guess.

Sorry -- my earlier post wasn't intended as a personal shot ("whining" =poor choice of words - I apologize). :extinguish:

We all have friends and colleagues who have been negatively impacted by the changes. I wish things could have continued as they were in the past when we were Ford Glass Division (pre- Visteon). Unfortunately, that way of life is probably gone forever, and the best any of us are going to do is to figure out how to deal with it going forward. There is a lot of pain involved. It's a fair point to question if the pain has been spread equally across the organization, but in my opinion both the ACH management and the UAW Leadership have done everything they can to make the best of a lousy situation. I am not an executive, but I have had a chance to talk to some of the people directly involved with negotiating this deal with Zeledyne. Without exception, everyone who I talked with is striving to get the best possible outcome for the employees - both hourly & salary. These guys aren't heartless -- they just have a very difficult economic reality that they couldn't ignore.

There's value in exchanging information and points of view in a forum like this. I wish we were hearing more "officially", but there's good information being posted on these threads. The people are the backbone & heart of this organization, so salaried or hourly, we all have a lot in common. Glass Operations has always been a pretty unique group of people. The vast majority are smart, dedicated, and hard working people who show up and do there jobs well -- both hourly and salary. To say we don't care about each other just isn't true. I just think we are seeing the end of an era. What the future holds for Zeledyne is anyone's guess.

SiO2GUY- First let me apologize for losing control on you. I agree with you that there is alot of pain involved for everyone-salaried, hourly, execs., negotiators, etc. I have sat today and read through alot of the posts on here and realized just how easy it is to read posts and take their meaning the wrong way. I have also thought alot the past couple of days about the situation as a whole, not just ME, ME, ME! As one post I read today said, thinking of yourself first isn't wrong, it's human nature. I know most of the time the war is salary vs. hourly, but I have quite a few salaried friends that face changes as well (even the execs with padded pockets will have changes, but I still can't calm my quirks with them). This is just a hard situation and only made worse by being left in the dark. So I think we are all saying the same thing...more official information from management would be nice. If we could get that, reading posts on here correctly or incorrectly wouldn't really matter because we wouldn't have to look for opinions, rumors, facts, or anything other than UAW bros and sis' interesting (and sometimes warped) posts on websites like these. Again I apologize to anyone (SiO2GUY) that I may have offended with my earlier posts. :)

I don't see anyone signing up for lifetime employment at Zeledyne, but if somebody is making $9.50 at Walmart or MickeyD's, then $14.50 might sound pretty good to them.

Just for kicks, let me put this in perspective for you guys and gals:

In 1988, I left a truck driving job making $9.50/hr. to re-hire in at FoMoCo at $14.50/hr. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

Is this one of the lost episodes of the 'Twilight Zone', or what?! 1988! :shades:

Captain Obvious

Just for kicks, let me put this in perspective for you guys and gals:

In 1988, I left a truck driving job making $9.50/hr. to re-hire in at FoMoCo at $14.50/hr. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

Is this one of the lost episodes of the 'Twilight Zone', or what?! 1988! :shades:

Captain Obvious

??

I don't think so...at FoMoCo all current full time EE's are making $26 or more. If you would like to go back to that trucking company I am sure they will give you $9.50 back. With gas prices..I hope that there still in business or you could hire in with Zeledyne at $14-17. Its your choice, but unless you are rooted hope to see you at FoMoCo!

??

I don't think so...at FoMoCo all current full time EE's are making $26 or more. If you would like to go back to that trucking company I am sure they will give you $9.50 back. With gas prices..I hope that there still in business or you could hire in with Zeledyne at $14-17. Its your choice, but unless you are rooted hope to see you at FoMoCo!

I just meant that they're gonna hang a different sign out front, but still ask some of the same people to do the same jobs, only at 1988 rates. It's a dirty shame.

It seems like this country is going backwards...

I just meant that they're gonna hang a different sign out front, but still ask some of the same people to do the same jobs, only at 1988 rates. It's a dirty shame.

It seems like this country is going backwards...

With the economy and the US currency dropping...we may soon be a third world country! I wish Bush could run for another 3yrs!! maybe his brother will run!! :censored:

I wish ACH Plants could get the same response to action that American Axle in the motherland is currently getting. I say that with great respect for American Axle workers. Someone has to take a stand and stop letting the company accuse the workforce of all their problems. I find it ironic that iUAW is taking a stand with American Axle Management. We ask for a little support from the iUAW in Tulsa, and all we get is the birds chirping. Check out this link:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008803180303

Pay careful attention to the worry about across-the-board wage cuts!

I wish ACH Plants could get the same response to action that American Axle in the motherland is currently getting. I say that with great respect for American Axle workers. Someone has to take a stand and stop letting the company accuse the workforce of all their problems. I find it ironic that iUAW is taking a stand with American Axle Management. We ask for a little support from the iUAW in Tulsa, and all we get is the birds chirping. Check out this link:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008803180303

Pay careful attention to the worry about across-the-board wage cuts!

I feel that the reason they are getting support is because they reside in the "Mother Land." Dearborn Glass shut down long ago and the rest of Glass is in outlying areas. They can just blow us off as gnat guano. That is the level of support we are getting here. And, don't forget if the deal goes through, new hires will be getting $11/hr. Real nice, eh?

I feel that the reason they are getting support is because they reside in the "Mother Land." Dearborn Glass shut down long ago and the rest of Glass is in outlying areas. They can just blow us off as gnat guano. That is the level of support we are getting here. And, don't forget if the deal goes through, new hires will be getting $11/hr. Real nice, eh?

I just heard people who want to transfer will get an updated list to choose from and can change their choice.

Anyone else heard this?