KTP people, STAY HOME!!!

KTPveteran

We went home at 1.3 hours in Trim and built zero units.

Management said they were coding us as Act of God, so for those of us who went to work, we get paid short work week.

I'm not sure what the Act of God coding will mean for those who stayed home? Anyone know?

At Wixom before there was local language this is how it went down, The people that showed up and got sent home early got screwed and those that did not comeing got short work week.

After that they added language to cover "severe or inclined weather condidtions were 40% of the workforce does not show up"

We are smart enough not to live in Buffalo or Michigan! :happy feet:

Good thing, because we have a few people up here that don't know how to drive in the snow; we don't need any more.

If your local road works people can't handle a little snow you should question where your tax money is spent.

You know, the company doesn't lose money on snowstorms in Mexico.

Now excuse me, I have to get in my (properly equipped) 4x4 and drive in our foot of snow to work... :shift:

Yeah we went home. I just wonder how many Committee people showed up. BTW the trip home was just so damn exciting, I lost count of the people running off the roads. Many accidents have already happened, we have had burst's of thunder and lighting oh and not to mention the three snow plow trucks I seen that had broke down.

What the hell, as long as they get their trucks. Oh did I mention that one broke down snow plow had actually stopped traffic on th Interstate, causeing people to spin out when they tried to get around him. Like I said earlier would FORD pay for my fines if I get caught on a road after it is declared off limits due to the snow.

you guys crack me up!! alittle snow and you guys need the national guard to come in and help. do you think buffalo stamping shuts down evertime it snows in buffalo?????????????

GO TO WORK :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:

98% OF PEOPLE DRIVING IN BAD CONDITIONS SAY "OH S$%^" WHEN THEY ARE ABOUT TO SLIDE OFF THE ROAD. THE OTHER 2% ARE PEOPLE FROM MICHIGAN, AND THEY SAY " HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS SH&^".

JUST DRIVE SLOW!!!!!! :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

no we don't need the national guard, but thanks for your concern, actually i have lived in rochester and detroit for over 31yrs , so yes i know all about what you call snow, but see we are a little closer to the equator, and we don't really see that much heavy snow and ice, down here , yes i am also familiar with driving on 401 in canada, all the way thru to new york, see you are used to crap conditions, as well as i am, but now i am here enjoying this much better enviroment and weather, so when something like this happens, everything shuts down for safety reasons, better to be safe then dead, enjoy your snow.

LAP does not run on friday's now. i talked with labor relations management a few weeks ago about this topic. there is no plan in place for anybody to analyze safety related weather issues and decide whether to run the plants or not. regardless of safety issues, we just run our plants amd hope enough are able to make it in to run. another area where ford is about 50 years behind the times.

DOH! I forgot about that for a second. Which is funny, Beings my line supplies LAP! :hysterical:

KTP got lucky with this one. Enjoy your long weekend KTP!

all I know is from now on when its gets real bad and the state issues level warings and it is illegegal to be on the roads i will be STAYING home!!!! I have gone in the last two times when it has gotten this bad and igot screwed !!!! 100 people show up and everyone else stays home and they all get paid and I bust my ass and risk my life and my truck to get there and I get nothing. The other time 90% stayed home and all got paid and I risk everything and go in and then get sent home after 3 hours and that is all I get paid for and everyone else gets 8 hrs pay for staying home thats bull shit. We were told they would take care of us yeah right that DIDN'T happen got screwed on that!!!! So I say from now on FUCK them why risk it they could care less about us

where do you work that the people that stay home get paid? that is not the way it works my friend. the people that go in, get paid for the time they work, and get short work week. the people that stay home, do not get paid.(which we shouldnt) but we shouldnt be counted awol either. ford does not cancel production on the tv because then they would have to pay everyone short work week. now they only have to pay short work week to those who are not intelligent enough to stay home in this weather. read up on your contract before you spew off information that makes ford look worse than the make theirself look

becareful on the roads, have a nice day

general:

this is ky. not michigan. the road crews here are ill prepared for the 13 inches of snow that is gonna fall between 8pm and 4 am.not to mention the temp is gonna drop to like 20,so salt and stuff wont work.up north they can deal with it,i know but it happens once every 10- 15 years round here.

Listen very closely to all you people in Michigan, Ohio and Canada. As well as any other person who gets an abundance amount of snow in the winter time. In the Ville our average snowfall is roughly 6 to 8 inches a year. Every couple of years or so we get a little more. Every 5 to 10 years we get even more than that. Every blue moon or so we get what you might get in a single day.

Which is the case this Friday. People can drive in the snow here as long as it isn't over a inch or so. I can drive in this crap only because every time it snows I make myself get out there just for the practice. About the only vechiles I havent driven in the snow is Motorcycles and 18 wheelers.

But since all of you brag about your driving abilities in the snow I just had to throw that out to you. I for one would love to see how you would react to one of our summer's down here. Better yet, come work one summer in either one of our plant's. Oh I will give you a warning the temp here can and does get in triple digit's. Then when you add in the heat index factor it goes up even more. We have fans in our plants but all that hot air blowing around makes you feel like you are in a furnance. My best guess is that you can't handle it. You want to prove me wrong, then haul your big asses down here and do my job for a month.

BTW, on the way in tonight the roads were clear and wet. They were not slushie except in a couple of places. As the sun set the wet roads turned into BLACK ICE. I do believe no matter what you drive it will handle poorly on ICE. You see we get ice down here a lot in the winter.

The news channel's has been telling all of about this storm for the last 2 to 3 days. Or at least the possibility of this storm. If our plant manager didn't believe it or he just didn't comprehend the magnitude of this storm then he was only fooling himself. I thought this storm was going to pass us by but by this afternoon I knew it was going to be big. Our plant manager should have realized that by 3:00pm.

Dude, it gets to 110+ in Windsor/Detroit, look at a map, it's even with the top of California. Try working in one of the Windsor Foundries on a summer day. I have. And considering it's surrounded by Lake St. Clair, Lake Michigan, Lake Erie and the Detroit River, enjoy the 90% humidity to go with it.

If you get one snowfall every 5 years, your roads department should be well-prepared and ready to go with all that budget surplus. Or again, you should ask what they're doing with your tax money.

You can get almost anywhere if you've got decent all-seasons and leave yourself extra time. In 18 years of driving 60 miles/day nearly 7 days a week on one of the busiest highways in North America I have had one spinout (no damage, 10 years ago) when I got cut off by a truck. Black ice? What do you think it's dark here all winter? It's not the North Pole. We get black ice here too, from October to April. Learn to not to drive like an idiot, and you'll make it.

At the very least, fine -- don't go in. But don't bitch and moan about getting/not getting SWW. If you can't make the effort to make it in, you shouldn't be getting paid. We don't. Why should you?

Edited by OAC_Sparky

where do you work that the people that stay home get paid? that is not the way it works my friend. the people that go in, get paid for the time they work, and get short work week. the people that stay home, do not get paid.(which we shouldnt) but we shouldnt be counted awol either. ford does not cancel production on the tv because then they would have to pay everyone short work week. now they only have to pay short work week to those who are not intelligent enough to stay home in this weather. read up on your contract before you spew off information that makes ford look worse than the make theirself look

becareful on the roads, have a nice day

last time we had a "snow day " in mi ,the people who didn't show up got paid 8 hrs.The people that did show up ,me included, got paid an additional 7 hrs on top of our regular 8 hr pay.

Depending the area of town we got 14 in..... may not sound like a lot to you all but this town sucks when its comes to taking care of the roads before the event.........

I know.

All my family is from Burnside, Ky.

I can remember being down there for a Thanksgiving dinner 30 years ago and it came a 2 inch snow.