Sharonville Layoffs

bmill

Well boys,

Its looks like another round of layoffs is coming back around at Sharonville. Word has it that its supposed to be around 145 total people. Letter came out tonight and everyone back to the beginning of 2000 got the ole MBLO (must be laid off). Figured it was coming with us losing the smaller of our two transmissions back up north. Anybody have any other news?

Well boys,

Its looks like another round of layoffs is coming back around at Sharonville. Word has it that its supposed to be around 145 total people. Letter came out tonight and everyone back to the beginning of 2000 got the ole MBLO (must be laid off). Figured it was coming with us losing the smaller of our two transmissions back up north. Anybody have any other news?

What transmission did you guys lose and where is it going? Arent you guys getting the 6F Midrange? What about the work at Batavia? Is any of that going to be transferred to Sharonville?

We are losing the 4R75 transmission line. We build basically the extra units that Livonia could not produce. Livonia will take up the slack. Demand dropped so we ran out of work. I keep hearing about the midrange transmission, I dont know if that is part of the reason of moving out old line so they will have room for new one, we can only hope. We are supposed to get offical word 1st week of April. I guess its between us and Livonia. I dont think they will bring any Batavia work to Sharonville because we will not have the room right now for any of those operations, but things could change.

I heard that Sharonville is laying off 139 production and maybe 30 trades. some should get called back as soon as august is what treyhan said. the shell line for batavia (which is stamped in sharonville) is coming to batavia as soon as april i hear. but we all know how that is afriend of a cousins friend who knows someone that cuts this guys grass told me for sure :) I just hope everyone that is laid off gets back ASAP. and the way forward plan WORKS. God help us all.

It was around 98 techs hitting the street and a number of others into GEN as of the letter last week. Rumor on the floor this week is that another 40 will be hitting the street next week. Hopefully this all works out b/c this stuff is getting old.

What amount of empty floor space do Van Dyke and Sharonville have? At Livonia we are a little more than 50% utilized for space. We got slaughtered with lay offs about 3 years ago when all our front wheel drive business went to Van Dyke. We got one phase of the new 6R and then "The Troubles" began and we stopped any more expansion into that work. New work is out there - I know it is. Problem is, the company is in a classical position to whip saw.....

What amount of empty floor space do Van Dyke and Sharonville have? At Livonia we are a little more than 50% utilized for space. We got slaughtered with lay offs about 3 years ago when all our front wheel drive business went to Van Dyke. We got one phase of the new 6R and then "The Troubles" began and we stopped any more expansion into that work. New work is out there - I know it is. Problem is, the company is in a classical position to whip saw.....

Right now there is no empty space at Van Dyke, they are adding on the back of plant for more room to run the 6f program. the AX4N taurus/freestar trans is supposed to start winding up in october and finally stopping in spring whenever they stop freeestar production. then, we will have a whole bunch of empty space, probably about 40%. We will still have Focus automatic trans, 6f phase 1, and the fairly small press shop.

Batavia is at 72% and they wont even let us bid on any new work. Our plant is new (1981) compared to some others and still Ford Corp wont let us bid. Kinda strange if you ask me. ;)

Isn't Batavia on the plant closing list? If it is closing, I wouldn't thnk they would put any new work there. I also heard there is some sort of transfer agreement between batavia and sharonville is that true?