RECALL RIGHTS FOR SKILLED TRADES

Like I said, the NJSTGT must approve, but do not think they will allow the company to do whatever they want. I know those on the committee, and they are traditionalists.

Do you know the numbers for trades from the 5800 or so ACHers that will be looking for a place to transfer

Edited by lepskilledtrades

As was stated before, in Lima you retain your recall rights to your trade by date-of-entry.

That doesn't tell him what he needs to know. Of course you retain recall by seniority. But he wanted to know where in the hierarchy of "recall" his seniority is a factor.

For example, I go into production at Lima to stay working.

I retain my skilled DOE for recall while working production.

Appendix N places me in the placement hierarchy for recall, but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be recalled to another plant in-zone - not my own, or!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another employee with a higher DOE working production in-zone may come to Lima and go back to trades before me, who is already at Lima.

And there are other examples. That is what he wanted to know.

Lima is a stand alone plant. No in zone to worry about. He asked about Lima. If he decides to return to production at time of lay-off, he will be called back by senioity in his trade. End of story

Dude, his actual question, directed to me, at the start of this thread was :

Could you tell us the recall rights for the trades that go back into production and if they have changed from the last contract? The way it used to be, if you were a trade with production time and chose to go back into production verses layoff, When there is a need for your trade you would be the first to be recalled to your trade before they contracted out, transfered in or hired new people. Is it still that way and were is it found in the new contract. Thanks

Now I don't see the word Lima in there, and although we may or may not get plant specific in further Im's, it is best to understand that other plants are reading this and it is best to stick to generalization that applies to all in most cases.

As far as Lima directly...

Yes, zone 11, I know, but...two things.

Page 105A ..."it is understood that these zone definitions may be modified by mutual agreement between the Company's Labor Affairs office and the UAW's National Ford department..."

(not saying it will ever happen, but it's there and who knows?)

Secondly,

You could get a transferred production person from an ACH-LLC or other closed plant, that is now at your plant (Lima) that has a greater DOE in the trades classification-who also has recall rights. This is a very real situation, since many of our employees are being placed or opting for placement, and since trades go by DOE,...not plant seniority(unless into a tie-breaker situation) It could happen.

and Thirdly,

Who says you don't ever get transferred while you are in production waiting for a recall? Who knows what could happen during an undefined period of time?

No answer is so easy and clear cut, a lot of supposition can lead to bad info. I however am trying to err on the side of caution, and trying to explain the chances that could hinder such a hasty return. this way the tradesperson knows what he/she is gambling when he/she opts back..That's all.

It's all good though.

FYI

Just everyone else that is reading this remember, if you aren't a stand alone plant in your own JSP

zone, there are more possible issues than I have raised above with a recall. Including the fact that your recall may be at another in-zone plant.

Edited by level

Dude, his actual question, directed to me, at the start of this thread was :

Could you tell us the recall rights for the trades that go back into production and if they have changed from the last contract? The way it used to be, if you were a trade with production time and chose to go back into production verses layoff, When there is a need for your trade you would be the first to be recalled to your trade before they contracted out, transfered in or hired new people. Is it still that way and were is it found in the new contract. Thanks

Now I don't see the word Lima in there, and although we may or may not get plant specific in further Im's, it is best to understand that other plants are reading this and it is best to stick to generalization that applies to all in most cases.

How about in lepskilledtrades...? :stirpot::stirpot: