Ford Fiesta: One World, One Car, One Name

Blue Oval Guide

Ford Fiesta: One World, One Car, One Name.

When it came to thinking about how to market the Fiesta, Ford executives were not all of one mind. The company has sold about 12 million of the cars in Europe, Asia, and Latin America over the past three decades. When Ford introduced the Fiesta in the U.S. in the late '70s, though, the car was so unpopular it was pulled from the lineup after two years. Recently, some of those questioned in focus groups said "Fiesta" sounded cheap. A few executives also argued that it wouldn't come across as hip next to competitors like the Versa and the Fit. They preferred the name the car was given for the auto shows: Verve. READ MORE HERE.

US Fiesta Hatchback = One World, One Car, One Name.

I really like the looks and name of the new Fiesta, but am disappointed that Ford does not currently plan to offer a Fiesta hatchback in the United States. Whenever I drive on Cleveland area highways and streets, I see many twins to my Focus ZX-3 hatchback (which I love) so it seems that there is a significant demand for hatchbacks. I would think that if Ford wishes to be successful in its Fiesta launch, it ought to try harder to satisfy the many US buyers who prefer a hatchback to a sedan.