Place to buy 07 Expy body parts online

micmay

Hi All,

I've got 07 EB Expy that I think is accident cursed. I'll have owned it just a year and have had it into the body shop twice and had the windshield replaced already too. All incidents except for the rock that came up off the road and cracked the windshield occurred while it was parked. First my mother in law backs into it while backing out of her driveway. Then my son is driving a golf cart and clips the rear side while coming up the driveway at our cottage.

During this winter, I don't know exactly when, something or someone hit the front bumper and put a nice 6 inch crack in it. I figured I'd take a shot at gluing that up once the weather warms up. Well, if all that wasn't enough, last weekend a deer crosses the road in front of me about 50 yards ahead. I slow down to about 35 and move over to the opposite lane while watching it standing down in the ditch. The next thing I know, the darn thing decides to bolt back into the road and catches the rear bumper leaving a nice "L" shaped crack that's about 12 inches in length that appears to flap in the breeze when driving it....

I'm afraid if I file another claim with my insurance company that I'll be looking at a premium increase. So, all that being said, I was thinking about buying the rear bumper myself, having it painted at the body shop I've been using and doing the removal and replacement myself. Is this outside the realm of an advanced do-it yourselfer and if not, where might I look online to get a ballpark on pricing for the bumper?

Thanks for bothering to read such a lengthy post..... :stats:

MM

Hi All,

I've got 07 EB Expy that I think is accident cursed. I'll have owned it just a year and have had it into the body shop twice and had the windshield replaced already too. All incidents except for the rock that came up off the road and cracked the windshield occurred while it was parked. First my mother in law backs into it while backing out of her driveway. Then my son is driving a golf cart and clips the rear side while coming up the driveway at our cottage.

During this winter, I don't know exactly when, something or someone hit the front bumper and put a nice 6 inch crack in it. I figured I'd take a shot at gluing that up once the weather warms up. Well, if all that wasn't enough, last weekend a deer crosses the road in front of me about 50 yards ahead. I slow down to about 35 and move over to the opposite lane while watching it standing down in the ditch. The next thing I know, the darn thing decides to bolt back into the road and catches the rear bumper leaving a nice "L" shaped crack that's about 12 inches in length that appears to flap in the breeze when driving it....

I'm afraid if I file another claim with my insurance company that I'll be looking at a premium increase. So, all that being said, I was thinking about buying the rear bumper myself, having it painted at the body shop I've been using and doing the removal and replacement myself. Is this outside the realm of an advanced do-it yourselfer and if not, where might I look online to get a ballpark on pricing for the bumper?

Thanks for bothering to read such a lengthy post..... :stats:

MM

Hi MM. :D Try here for the parts: LINK: Team Ford Parts

It is certainly well within the realm of a decent do-it-yourselfer. You could also check the local Salvage Yards for a good rear bumper, since you would need to have one repainted either way. Who knows, if you are lucky, you might find one at a Salvage Yard in the correct color. Figure your luck has to change sooner or later, right?

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi MM. :D Try here for the parts: LINK: Team Ford Parts

It is certainly well within the realm of a decent do-it-yourselfer. You could also check the local Salvage Yards for a good rear bumper, since you would need to have one repainted either way. Who knows, if you are lucky, you might find one at a Salvage Yard in the correct color. Figure your luck has to change sooner or later, right?

Good luck. :beerchug:

LOL I'm torn between fixing it or just waiting for the next unexpected incident.... :banghead:

Good tip on the salvage yard. I'm going to check around.... Thanks again.