Flat Rock Plant shut down?!?

Timvis

I just read a posting in a forum from Yahoo! that "The Ford Mustang Plant at Flat Rock, Michigan will be down the week of March 31 and two (2) additional down weeks are planned before the usual summer vacation shutdown". This is particularly disturbing to me since I'm having one built right now (My Bullitt should be out of the blender any moment) and am expecting it around mid April. Usually blend to built times are averaging a week, and mine has taken over 13 days to date, and I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it. Can anyone shed light on this, and does a plant shutdown affect ship dates if the car were to be done this week?!? Thanks for any info you have. :burnout:

I just read a posting in a forum from Yahoo! that "The Ford Mustang Plant at Flat Rock, Michigan will be down the week of March 31 and two (2) additional down weeks are planned before the usual summer vacation shutdown". This is particularly disturbing to me since I'm having one built right now (My Bullitt should be out of the blender any moment) and am expecting it around mid April. Usually blend to built times are averaging a week, and mine has taken over 13 days to date, and I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it. Can anyone shed light on this, and does a plant shutdown affect ship dates if the car were to be done this week?!? Thanks for any info you have. :burnout:

'Ice-Capades' has confirmed the rumor, and Viper Pilot tells me it means another week of waiting... :banghead:

Attached is the actual page from Friday's Dealer News Bulletin listing the scheduled plant "Down" time for all Ford & Lincoln-Mercury models.

Ford_Assembly_Plant_Down_Weeks_03_28_2008.pdf

My Bullitt was scheduled for build the week of 4/7...looks like I can add another week to the "6-8 weeks".

Bummer. Mine's been in the blender since March 13th. :kuko: I could be setting a record for Blend to Built times. It'll end up being about 8-9 weeks for me when all is said and done, depending on how long it takes to ship via rail. Anyone know how long its taking on average?

• 3 weeks later...

The assembly line at AAI is shared with the MAZDA 6, which will have it's current model year built out sometime this week. That frees up the works for pure Mustang build. We sent a crew to the other building today to recover fender protectors from storage in order to accommodate the increased Mustang mix. This may not be the answer to your prayers, but it sure couldn't hurt any.

Frawgee

The assembly line at AAI is shared with the MAZDA 6, which will have it's current model year built out sometime this week. That frees up the works for pure Mustang build. We sent a crew to the other building today to recover fender protectors from storage in order to accommodate the increased Mustang mix. This may not be the answer to your prayers, but it sure couldn't hurt any.

Frawgee

Thanks Frawgee, but my prayers were answered, as my Bullitt just got off the train, and I'll be getting it this week!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: