PROOF of Mainstream Media bias against Detroit Automakers

NickF1011

Toyota yesterday recalled 500,000+ Corollas and Matrixes. MSNBC did not post an article about the recall until 7:54 PM.

GM adds 122,000 Pontiac Vibes today to the recall for the same issue. MSNBC front page has it in bold in Top Stories at 1:00 PM within an hour of the announcement.

At least the new article mentions the Toyota recall inside it. However, they do add this gem: "The vehicles share a common platform and are built in a GM-Toyota joint venture in Fremont, Calif." No mention that it's an entirely Toyota-engineered or designed vehicle.

:rant:

Edited by NickF1011

Dude, you are reaching too much. Yesterday's Toyota recall was on CNN and Fox early enough. MSNBC came later. Today's GM recall is on MSNBC now but has not made it on CNN or Fox yet. Some (not me) would argue that CNN and Fox are biased towards domestics based on this. You really expect an AP write to go that deep and start separating who engineered what platform?? Common.........

Edited by Ford??-LOL!

Dude, you are reaching too much. Yesterday's Toyota recall was on CNN and Fox early enough. MSNBC came later. Today's GM recall is on MSNBC now but has not made it on CNN or Fox yet. Some (not me) would argue that CNN and Fox are biased towards domestics based on this. You really expect an AP write to go that deep and start separating who engineered what platform?? Common.........

Actually it is on Fox and CNN already.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/industr...g_557400_8.html

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/10/news/compa...sion=2008041012

Nice try, though. :lol:

It was also nice of the AP to add this to ONLY the Toyota recall article: "Dealers will replace the driver and front passenger door glass bolts at no charge to owners."

Aww, isn't that nice of Toyota? They're going to fix a government-mandated recall for FREE!! Now that's moving you forward!

Edited by NickF1011

Actually it is on Fox and CNN already.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/industr...g_557400_8.html

http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/10/news/compa...sion=2008041012

Nice try, though. :lol:

It was also nice of the AP to add this to ONLY the Toyota recall article: "Dealers will replace the driver and front passenger door glass bolts at no charge to owners."

Aww, isn't that nice of Toyota? They're going to fix a government-mandated recall for FREE!! Now that's moving you forward!

You are still reaching. When CNN and Fox are mentioned, normal people do not go hunting for CNN Money or Fox business. They go to CNN.com and Foxnews.com. When i posted, neither of those sites had anything about GM's recall.

You are still reaching. When CNN and Fox are mentioned, normal people do not go hunting for CNN Money or Fox business. They go to CNN.com and Foxnews.com. When i posted, neither of those sites had anything about GM's recall.

Umm...both of those stories were linked from their main pages.

Try again, fanboy.

The fact that there are only 2 of us replying in your "failed" thread shows that your cheerleading ass is on your own with your "reaching" theories........

Now that i said this, i expect fellow :cheerleader: to rush in here to show you support..........................

It likely has more to do with the fact that I actually put it in the proper forum category as opposed to everyone else who dumps any article related to ANYTHING into the Ford Motor Company Discussion forum.

It would probably have 100+ replies in there. :doh:

OH what the hell, I'll jump in and make it three. Not only did Fox and CNN carry the Toyota story, but yesterday I saw it on the nightly news and I also heard it at the half hour news break on the local radio here. Neither of them said anything about GM. I hadn't heard about that one yet actually.

PS, I know what you mean about the proper Forum thing Nick. I post on a Jeep forum and if you put something in the wrong forum there a moderator will come along and move it to the correct forum in pretty short order. It keeps things much more organized, as opposed to here where it's just chaos and negativity constantly.

Edited by BlackHorse