Has anyone changed-out the plasti-chrome strips from the front and/or rear bumpers on a Marquis? Also, I need to change the one on the passenger rear door, but believe I need the whole molding piece as the strip is not available from Ford....

Is this a difficult job? I don't mind if they break upon removal, but just don't want to break anything else in the process.

Thanks for any info on the process :D

What year range are you looking to work on ?

I often see 1991-1996 Grand Marquis that have plastic-chrome strips that have become brown and brittle due to sun damage.

This is similar to what happens to GM H-Bodies and Dodge Shadow/Plymouth Sundances (also LeBarons, I think).

This is for a '93 LS. The two front, the rear, and the rear pass door strips are 'peeling'. A LM dealer informed me that the door strips are part of the molding, but the ones on the bumpers are seperate pieces.

Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...
Just seeing if anyone has replaced the chrome strips, and if so, difficulty level, specialty tools, etc...

'93 Marquis LS

:shrug:

Thanks !

I'd ask at a body shop. As for parts that are no longer available call Green Sales. Have the part numbers that you'll need (contact your L-M dealer for them). I'm getting trim items for my '74 from them. Service is great! Good luck.