Consumers are finding vehicles able to withstand the daily demands of life in some unlikely places.

The Honda showroom is one. There, buyers looking for reliable, safe vehicles with low repair costs and reports of problems will find the Odyssey. It ranked first on our list of most durable vehicles. The Honda Pilot, CRV, Civic and Accord also made the list.

That's no surprise, say industry experts. The Japanese automaker typically stands above the competition in quality and reliability surveys.

Consumers have been merciless in their demand for durable cars that don't fall apart in the first five years of ownership. General Motors, Ford Motor and Chrysler have lost sales over the past 20 years because of poor quality and reliability problems.

Yahoo story

Forbes

Guess police and taxi fleets shoulda been using Hondas and Toyota all these years....d'oh! drug.gif

Edited by Armada Master

It's Forbes Magazine - they are good at stories about Wall Street types figuring out how to line their pockets by ripping off consumers and their clients for "financial services" (sure, we'll repackage your crap subprime mortgages), but they are clueless about pretty much everything else.

When I was younger, I used to think the Wall St. types were interesting, but as I got older, I realized they are just very greedy and shallow, for the most part.