Mercury Rebates and Incentives

stedios

I noticed Mercury just changed their offers to $1,100 cash back or 0% APR up to 60 months, 1.9% for 72.

My local dealer claimed those don't apply to the Hybrid, however their website doesn't seem to specifiy.

Does anyone know what the truth is behind these incentives?

I noticed Mercury just changed their offers to $1,100 cash back or 0% APR up to 60 months, 1.9% for 72.

My local dealer claimed those don't apply to the Hybrid, however their website doesn't seem to specifiy.

Hi stedios. :D There are no Incentives on the Hybrids.

They are selling every single one they can make without Rebates or Incentives.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Seems logical with the demand for them, but this doesn't mean dealers aren't willing to work on the MSRP, correct?

Conversation with 2 different dealers led me to believe that they would, indeed, take some money off the MSRP once we sorted out the details.

But then again, nothing has been done so....

I am meeting with a salesman at a dealer near where I'm moving to, and I explained to him I'm looking for a good price, and he agreed he would accomodate me. I'll post how that goes when I get it done, in case anyone else has the same questions up in the air.

Seems logical with the demand for them, but this doesn't mean dealers aren't willing to work on the MSRP, correct?

Conversation with 2 different dealers led me to believe that they would, indeed, take some money off the MSRP once we sorted out the details.

But then again, nothing has been done so....

I am meeting with a salesman at a dealer near where I'm moving to, and I explained to him I'm looking for a good price, and he agreed he would accomodate me. I'll post how that goes when I get it done, in case anyone else has the same questions up in the air.

Hi stedios. :D Of course. Dealers are free to negotiate how they see fit on each and every vehicle. Like any other deal on a vehicle, some Dealers will come down off of MSRP on the Hybrids, others will insist on MSRP or even a premium above it.

On a related note: Some Dealers will accept AXZD-Plan purchases on the Hybrids, others will not. For example, I made some calls to my local Dealers the other day for another forum member here who could not find a Dealer willing to take the X-Plan on an Escape Hybrid in his area. Three Dealers in my area were willing to take an X-Plan deal. One was not and insisted they were only selling at MSRP. No negotiating. However, even the Dealers willing to take an X-Plan deal warned that they had no idea if/when any Hybrid they ordered would ever actually arrive. That is how short the supply is.

Now, back to Incentives and negotiating. Even if there were Factory Incentive Cash on the Hybrids (or any vehicle), a buyer needs to try and talk the Dealer down on the actual vehicle price first, then have the Incentive Cash deducted. The initial price negotiations are to determine the price for the vehicle you are paying the Dealer. The Incentive Cash is money back from Ford for the purchase. They essentially are two different figures.

Most Dealers will try to link the two (vehicle price and Incentives) to make the price they are offering look artificially low. A smart buyer will keep in mind (and politely lets the Dealer know) that the Incentives should be kept off the table in the negotiations until the price has been finalized. After all vehicle pricing negotiation is finished, then they get deducted at the end. Look at Incentives as a "gift from Ford" for buying.

Best of luck in your negotiations! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I priced out a Hybrid, and under incentives, here is what is up on the Mercury website as of today...

$1,100 Cash 1 OR 0% APR for 36 Months ($27.78 monthly charge per $1,000 financed with 10% down)2

$1,100 Cash 1 OR 0.9% APR for 48 Months ($21.22 monthly charge per $1,000 financed with 10% down)2

$1,100 Cash 1 OR 1.9% APR for 60 Months ($17.48 monthly charge per $1,000 financed with 10% down)2

$1,100 Cash 1 OR 3.9% APR for 72 Months ($15.60 monthly charge per $1,000 financed with 10% down)2

1 Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 6/30/2008. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details.

2 Not all buyers will qualify. Ford Credit limited-term APR financing. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 6/2/2008.

And nothing about the hybrid being excluded. Though, finding one in dealer stock might be tricky. :D

Edited by Walt

I priced out a Hybrid, and under incentives, here is what is up on the Mercury website as of today...

$1,100 Cash 1 OR 0% APR for 36 Months ($27.78 monthly charge per $1,000 financed with 10% down)2

$1,100 Cash 1 OR 0.9% APR for 48 Months ($21.22 monthly charge per $1,000 financed with 10% down)2

$1,100 Cash 1 OR 1.9% APR for 60 Months ($17.48 monthly charge per $1,000 financed with 10% down)2

$1,100 Cash 1 OR 3.9% APR for 72 Months ($15.60 monthly charge per $1,000 financed with 10% down)2

1 Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 6/30/2008. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details.

2 Not all buyers will qualify. Ford Credit limited-term APR financing. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 6/2/2008.

And nothing about the hybrid being excluded. Though, finding one in dealer stock might be tricky. :D

Hi Walt. :D Those are the Incentives for the regular Mariner, not the Hybrid model. There are no Incentives on the Escape or Mariner Hybrids.

I think I know where your confusion is coming from. You are expecting the Incentives qualifications to say that the Hybrid is excluded. That is not the way the Incentive listings work. For Incentive purposes, the Escape and Mariner Hybrids are considered separate models. Therefore, it will not say that they are excluded from the Incentives, it will just not list the Hybrid at all (exactly as you saw). In other words, you have to see that it is included in the Incentive offers, not excluded. It is an easy mistake to make.

What is your ZIP Code? If you post it, I will double check to satisfy the curiosity of all those wondering.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530