DTP projected downtime

Was told today no down weeks in June.

So, anyone heard for sure what our june production schedule (DTP) is @ this pt?

Pls dont speculate... only what you heard and your sources pls!

Our current 2wk layoff is almost finished...hopefully no time off till july (whatever

that may bring??). :reading:

So, anyone heard for sure what our june production schedule (DTP) is @ this pt?

Pls dont speculate... only what you heard and your sources pls!

Our current 2wk layoff is almost finished...hopefully no time off till july (whatever

that may bring??). :reading:

would you really believe what somebody would tell you on here? :nonono: after the launch lots of downtime, thats my prediction

would you really believe what somebody would tell you on here? :nonono: after the launch lots of downtime, thats my prediction

I did ask for rumors here didnt I?? I mean i started the post based on that question..seemed alot

more interesting than some of the useless stuff i read here @times... and besides u gave us a

prediction which is akin to a speculation just for your info! You must be a former Norfolk employee??.. :reading:

I did ask for rumors here didnt I?? I mean i started the post based on that question..seemed alot

more interesting than some of the useless stuff i read here @times... and besides u gave us a

prediction which is akin to a speculation just for your info! You must be a former Norfolk employee??.. :reading:

prediction speculation= downtime, don't worry it's coming

prediction speculation= downtime, don't worry it's coming

Well, u still dont get it but i agree.. dwntime is coming no doubts about it..just look

@ new cars bein sold out there (check stats not just ur locale) big demand AGAIN

for small foreign cars!..some bright spots for Ford are: FOCUS,FUSION,EDGE,ESCAPE

anythin else u gotta put big buck on hood and that goes for our competitors trucks

and SUVs..heard that new Tundra plant in San Anton isnt workin much..oh well!

Im a former Napper too..glad to be in MI. :reading:

The last thing I heard was rotating shifts off and the first week of July added to the two week shutdown, they need three weeks to expand the engine line I'm hearing. It's been a week so things could of changed.

Derek, heard anything about them getting rid of c crew?

Well, u still dont get it but i agree.. dwntime is coming no doubts about it..just look

@ new cars bein sold out there (check stats not just ur locale) big demand AGAIN

for small foreign cars!..some bright spots for Ford are: FOCUS,FUSION,EDGE,ESCAPE

anythin else u gotta put big buck on hood and that goes for our competitors trucks

and SUVs..heard that new Tundra plant in San Anton isnt workin much..oh well!

Im a former Napper too..glad to be in MI. :reading:

last time I looked at the sales the Toyota Camry was #2 and not far behind the F-150, too bad the Fusion and Edge are not built in USA, I would think they are working overtime. Who wants a truck with gas $4 a gallon and it just keeps going up, man I use to feel good about working at a truck plant those days are long gone. Yeah I bet Toyota regrets spending all that money on that big new plant.

p.s. rumor is we will getting a lot of downweeks.......happy now

Edited by fordtpworker1993

Just wanted to let you guys know how it went at KTP. First, in April, we were told we would most likely have 2 down weeks until shutdown. Then, within a month, they told us we would be down half of June and all of July. Our Chairman then put out a letter saying all the rumors of losing a shift were not true (I hadn't even heard this when the letter was put out). Within 12 hours, were told the Company wanted to cut a shift (most likely in August). There is a possibility of alternating shifts for the rest of the year (ride it out, I.E.) That is where we stand now, just waiting to see what is next. Point of the story: Ford has no problem running one shift and scaring the hell out of everybody. Another buyout is coming and they want us out (what a better way, than to lay you off and then ask if you want a buyout.) It all happened so quick it hasn't even sunk in yet. Two years ago we ran 3 crews at 10.7. Now we can't even run 2 crews at 10. Doesn't look to good. Good luck to you all.

June 2nd-18th is the schedule for the MP1 build. This will start the ramp up for the launch in July. I just wish the engineers would stop changing shit around so close to job 1.

Hello all. My truck (2008 Lariat) is scheduled to be built the week of May 26. Will that get bumped due to the 09's production starting the week of June 02? Looks like it will be cutting it close to the mix of the 09's.

Thanks!

zz

Well, w/ DTP being off the 1st 2wks of May im beginning to believe some of recent

rumors of dwntime in june and the whole mo of july off......anyone else heard same

or different? We are @ nearly $3.70 p/gal in some places in metro detroit...so u

know personal use truck buyers which represent 30% of light truck sales are

history!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :reading:

:reading:

HEY GUYS,

TRUE ENOUGH WE'VE HAD THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF MAY OFF. ALTHOUGH THATS NOT EASY ON THE WALLET ITS BEEN A NICE LITTLE VACATION. WILL WE HAVE MORE DOWN WEEKS---WELL THAT JUST SEEMS LOGICAL. BUT INSTEAD OF SPREADING RUMORS LETS TRY LOOKING AT THE BRIGHT SIDE. WE STILL HAVE JOBS WE JUST HAPPEN TO VACATION MORE.

Hello all. My truck (2008 Lariat) is scheduled to be built the week of May 26. Will that get bumped due to the 09's production starting the week of June 02? Looks like it will be cutting it close to the mix of the 09's.

Thanks!

zz

If your truck is scheduled to be built it will be built. The '09s being built now are PP(preproduction) builds. They're being built for quality, crash testing, any engineering changes etc. Actual Job 1 isn't until July 23rd or there abouts.

:reading:

HEY GUYS,

TRUE ENOUGH WE'VE HAD THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF MAY OFF. ALTHOUGH THATS NOT EASY ON THE WALLET ITS BEEN A NICE LITTLE VACATION. WILL WE HAVE MORE DOWN WEEKS---WELL THAT JUST SEEMS LOGICAL. BUT INSTEAD OF SPREADING RUMORS LETS TRY LOOKING AT THE BRIGHT SIDE. WE STILL HAVE JOBS WE JUST HAPPEN TO VACATION MORE.

WOW.. NOW THIS A A CHIPPER LADY, YES IT IS FINALY NICE TO TAKE LAYOFFS IN THE SUMMER MONTHS,THEN IN THE WINTER FOR SURE, BUT NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS C CREW WILL BE ELIMINATED BY THE YEARS ENDS AND WILL ONLY RUN DAYS AND AFTERNOONS SHIFTS 8-9 HOURS

WOW.. NOW THIS A A CHIPPER LADY, YES IT IS FINALY NICE TO TAKE LAYOFFS IN THE SUMMER MONTHS,THEN IN THE WINTER FOR SURE, BUT NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS C CREW WILL BE ELIMINATED BY THE YEARS ENDS AND WILL ONLY RUN DAYS AND AFTERNOONS SHIFTS 8-9 HOURS

Yeah, and who told you this???

Just wanted to let you guys know how it went at KTP. First, in April, we were told we would most likely have 2 down weeks until shutdown. Then, within a month, they told us we would be down half of June and all of July. Our Chairman then put out a letter saying all the rumors of losing a shift were not true (I hadn't even heard this when the letter was put out). Within 12 hours, were told the Company wanted to cut a shift (most likely in August). There is a possibility of alternating shifts for the rest of the year (ride it out, I.E.) That is where we stand now, just waiting to see what is next. Point of the story: Ford has no problem running one shift and scaring the hell out of everybody. Another buyout is coming and they want us out (what a better way, than to lay you off and then ask if you want a buyout.) It all happened so quick it hasn't even sunk in yet. Two years ago we ran 3 crews at 10.7. Now we can't even run 2 crews at 10. Doesn't look to good. Good luck to you all.

doesnt sound good for any of us, just have to do our best to get ready for it

Heard it on A crew from a super talking to a foreman on the cal line