Which Will It Be?

FORD will start by cutting a shift at KCAP or DTP..If demand keeps falling the plant that did not cut a shift will then lose a shift,so either way both plants will lose a shift just not at the same time!!!

KTP will be on one shift also....

mark my words, put it in stone!!!!! by the time the leaves fall off the trees this year, KC will not be building any F-150's I'd put the Whole farm on it!!!!!!!!! you'll see in July

mark my words, put it in stone!!!!! by the time the leaves fall off the trees this year, KC will not be building any F-150's I'd put the Whole farm on it!!!!!!!!! you'll see in July

So you're saying that not only will F-150 production at KCAP be completely stopped, but also that DTP will be retooled to run regular cabs? Don't know if that rumor is true or where you heard it, but you come off as being quite thrilled about it. I guess the thought of 2000 people being laid off must make you happy.

So you're saying that not only will F-150 production at KCAP be completely stopped, but also that DTP will be retooled to run regular cabs? Don't know if that rumor is true or where you heard it, but you come off as being quite thrilled about it. I guess the thought of 2000 people being laid off must make you happy.

No not happy at all.been throught it all before. I am sorry if it came across tha way. just saying be prepared. Nothing worse then being blind sided. FOMOCO will do nothing to harm there "golden child" flag ship or whatever else you want to call DAP. The bean counters where there a couple of weeks ago and they have made their recomendations to corperate.

No not happy at all.been throught it all before. I am sorry if it came across tha way. just saying be prepared. Nothing worse then being blind sided. FOMOCO will do nothing to harm there "golden child" flag ship or whatever else you want to call DAP. The bean counters where there a couple of weeks ago and they have made their recomendations to corperate.

Actually the bean counters visit DTP (not DAP) very often. You must have seen those guys walking on the Mezzanine last week. They really do not come out of the tour very often during off-tour hours. But when they do tour the plant they bring the family with them and last week no family was present.

One thing that I am waiting for is word of massive downtime. Well we could hear something as of monday june 16th.

Funny how some people get to come in on another shift when the shift they work on is on layoff. When your told not to come in again on a downweek and expect 12 weeks off from june to sept makes me wonder what they are going to do. Well hopefully they get started on the multi- platform concept that flex manufacturing plants are supposed to be able to do.

Actually the bean counters visit DTP (not DAP) very often. You must have seen those guys walking on the Mezzanine last week. They really do not come out of the tour very often during off-tour hours. But when they do tour the plant they bring the family with them and last week no family was present.

One thing that I am waiting for is word of massive downtime. Well we could hear something as of monday june 16th.

Funny how some people get to come in on another shift when the shift they work on is on layoff. When your told not to come in again on a downweek and expect 12 weeks off from june to sept makes me wonder what they are going to do. Well hopefully they get started on the multi- platform concept that flex manufacturing plants are supposed to be able to do.

If you're expecting 12 weeks off between now and September, does that mean they're moving the launch of the 2009 back? You'd think they'd want to fill the dealership lots and showrooms with the new model before talking about any down time. I personally don't think anything major will happen at an F-150 plant until they can see how the new truck sells. You never know, it may sell like crazy. Even with the high gas.

what will Most likely happen is KCAP will move it's night shift to the Escape side in the near future. and then based on sales the fate of the F150 will be decided. Times and oil prices are quickly diminishing the value of the flagship F-Series trucks. They better come up with an alternative fairly quickly or the bartender's gonna be ringing the last cal bell for most of us. There sure are alot of people transfering here so they seem fairly confident that KCAP will survive in some capacity. (either that or they are just touring as many plants as possible because they like to move?) I guess we'll see if Al was worth the money fairly soon. :reading:

No bean counters have been to KCAP. Nice rumor though. We have our own bean counters and they confirmed no one from Dearborn has been there.

No bean counters have been to KCAP. Nice rumor though. We have our own bean counters and they confirmed no one from Dearborn has been there.

What plant have been at or your source of information Mcfarland and his crew were just here 3 weeks ago once again speedy is slow on information again. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If you're expecting 12 weeks off between now and September, does that mean they're moving the launch of the 2009 back? You'd think they'd want to fill the dealership lots and showrooms with the new model before talking about any down time. I personally don't think anything major will happen at an F-150 plant until they can see how the new truck sells. You never know, it may sell like crazy. Even with the high gas.

They are trying to get as many 08's sold that is why the launch could get pushed back. If what this person is true I would know something as of thursday. Reason why is dayshift does not work friday and that shift needs to know also.

Right now the truck sales are going through a change as consumers are looking at how much something costs as far as gas. The level of sales are way below normal due the prices and will reutrn to the normal level as soon as the economy picks up. But never to the levels we have seen during the first couple years of the 08 model.

What plant have been at or your source of information Mcfarland and his crew were just here 3 weeks ago once again speedy is slow on information again. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

McFarland comes to KCAP almost once a month. He's the plant manager's boss so he visits often. McFarland's "crew" are not bean counters. Speedy is hardly slow. More like, in the know.

Nope. I have no relations working at Ford unlike alot of other people.

Sure have alot of info for just registering in May, 08 and 12 posts, not even you or anyone else has any rock solid info, all SPECULATION until the day it happens, so keep your bean counting at your plant. We at KCAP take it day by day , no one here is a fortune teller. :finger: