LAP not losing a shift

rc38

Lap chairperson announced at the union meeting that LAP isn't losing a shift. They will continue to alternate down weeks.

That big meeting thursday and friday with the plant managers and building chairpersons should be real interesting to say the least.

We are not currently rotating shifts of any sort...both been working with occasional down weeks for both. KTP has been rotating shifts, but not LAP.

This is/was great news for LAP. Instead of a HUGE layoff, we will rotate shifts, but everyone will work days, enabling them to only utilize one management team. Should be interesting...it's all subject to change at any second. We all know that.

Yea that is strange news,something is going on...We will all know what the catch is I'm sure soon...

Doesn't really affect me as i'm at KTP,but it sure made the guys from LAP at the union meetings night for sure.

We should have some type of plan going foward after these meetings on friday.

This article in the detnews is interesting about shifting production to cars from trucks.

trucks to cars

Edited by rc38

I hate to be negative here but I think reality is about to sink in for all of America. LAP might not lose a shift but I don't see them building two shifts worth of production in the future. That is until they retool and obtain a new product. I think the rotating down weeks will be the way they go. This will allow them to retain the employees they need when the retooling is finalized. Hopefully whatever vehicle they give you guys will sell in NA. Good Luck to not only you folks at LAP but to everyone with Ford.

congrats to lap i'm happy for you guys :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Hope KTP gets some good news soon.