MKS DejaVu

closserd

On paper at least, the 1995 Lincoln Continental is eerily similar to the 2009 MKS. The Continental was front drive, weighed about 4000 lbs (300 less than the MKS), seated five comfortably in leather seats, had about the same power, 260 h.p. and 265 lb ft of torque, and got about the same average mpg 18, as the MKS at 19 mpg on premium fuel. What progress thriteen years brings!

If I was in the market for a big luxury four door I would certainly wait a year and buy a one year old MKS.

On paper at least, the 1995 Lincoln Continental is eerily similar to the 2009 MKS. The Continental was front drive, weighed about 4000 lbs (300 less than the MKS), seated five comfortably in leather seats, had about the same power, 260 h.p. and 265 lb ft of torque, and got about the same average mpg 18, as the MKS at 19 mpg on premium fuel. What progress thriteen years brings!

If I was in the market for a big luxury four door I would certainly wait a year and buy a one year old MKS.

yes, MKS is a revival of the last Continental - after all the last Continental was also based on the Taurus.

I think Lincoln need an MKS/Continental type sedan for its traditional customers .. it cannot just chase BMW with performance and forget its key customers ... after all, until this January, the best selling Cadillac was the DTS - a FWD boat of a luxury sedan .... Americans still like to drive luxury boats ... and while the MKS is far from a DTS-like Boat, it is still aim squarely at the traditional luxury-over-performance crowd.

However with the EB it will pack enough punch to attract some of the performance types.

Igor

Except the continental had none of the high tech stuff that the MKS is offering, nor was the interior as nice. The MKS, while using an adequate platform, raises the bar for Lincoln in terms of interior quality, NVH and amenities (not that there isn't still room for improvement in some areas). All they need now is large RWD platform and more engine options.

Except the continental had none of the high tech stuff that the MKS is offering, nor was the interior as nice. The MKS, while using an adequate platform, raises the bar for Lincoln in terms of interior quality, NVH and amenities (not that there isn't still room for improvement in some areas). All they need now is large RWD platform and more engine options.

You mean high tech items like user selectable steering effort, 4 wheel self leveling suspension and electronically adjustable shocks?