KTP, 100 layoffs....

This is a link that the courier-journal has about the 100 layoffs.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.d...S/80617055/1003

The letter that we got from our building chairman basically says that anyone with less or equal time of 05/01/2000 will be getting laid off. LAP is waiting approval from Detroit for the hiring of 100 new employees. Basically, LAP is getting rid of the TPT's and replacing them with 100 KTP employees. It goes on and says that 173 people at KTP have call back rights to LAP. This should go down on July 21, 2008.

We all new something would have to happen when you have people out on TLO's since the first week of June.

That isn't going to be the end i'm afraid though. Probably looking at least 1800 more in the future,sometime after shutdown when we go to 1 shift.

Those floods in the Midwest are really going to bury this economy. Food prices will hit historic highs,along with the lost of all that corn they use in ethanol production. That means even more oil used to make up the difference in the lost ethanol. I just tripled the size of my garden,so i can store more this year.

My back yard is now garden and kids playset. :hysterical:

I eat extremely healthy,lots of vegs and fruits in my diet.

What a bunch of dirty SOB's!!! I am so pissed right now at the leadership for what they did to these 100. They tell them that they will still have a job by transferrig to LAP, now today they took them up front on last break and told them "No, this is a permanent layoff, that there will be an additional 150 or so to have to go to LAP. If the "Leadership" don't know what is going on, they need to stop handing out useless pamphlets stating false information.

My take on it is that FORD will have small transitional layoffs for plants losing a shift to ease all the chaos that would come if they laidoff a whole crew at once. Say 100 here,, 100 there, until they have the desired amount of people they want out. Makes since, that way they save some face on quality and down time. Get prepared truck plants, we are going to get hit hard!!!

Our Union Rep came out today, told us that they are calling all TLO's back. He said they couldn't have people on TLO when there will be an indefinate lay-off. Should this be true then what about all the down time that is scheduled for the next month or so.

Did the people in this local really vote the best people in office this time. I tried to tell everyone that putting an extension of Team Abell in will be there undoing. Well nice working with alot of you. Maybe next time if we all get back, maybe you people might listen to someone who see's things for what it is.

I hope Ford gets things right, I really do. I will not be there when it does. If we did indeed get a new round of buy-out packages I will take one. After all the years I put in there and seeing and hearing all the B. S. that goes on in there. I will be glad to get it out of my eyesight.

I pity the fools who stay.

Our Union Rep came out today, told us that they are calling all TLO's back. He said they couldn't have people on TLO when there will be an indefinate lay-off. Should this be true then what about all the down time that is scheduled for the next month or so.

Did the people in this local really vote the best people in office this time. I tried to tell everyone that putting an extension of Team Abell in will be there undoing. Well nice working with alot of you. Maybe next time if we all get back, maybe you people might listen to someone who see's things for what it is.

I hope Ford gets things right, I really do. I will not be there when it does. If we did indeed get a new round of buy-out packages I will take one. After all the years I put in there and seeing and hearing all the B. S. that goes on in there. I will be glad to get it out of my eyesight.

I pity the fools who stay.

Does your union rep have a name? If you are going to sread bullsh_t you should at least name your source. After all you arn't with the media or are you...

Sounds like the same committeeman I have. At least this falls in his line of thinking.

Today, our committeeman in trim told us that a guy with 2003 seniority that was fired(not sure when), got re-instated yesterday to be laid off next week.

If I tell you his name, you might get mad again. For all I know, you might be his number one fan.

Does your union rep have a name? If you are going to sread bullsh_t you should at least name your source. After all you arn't with the media or are you...

Sounds like the same committeeman I have. At least this falls in his line of thinking.

If I tell you his name, you might get mad again. For all I know, you might be his number one fan.

Who cares if he gets mad. Well on chassie they didn't call everyone back too work who was on TLO. We still have several people on TLO. I try to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best.

which line(s)..... the original "fast" line was slowed down what about the slow line?????been off a week just trying to get info thanks :happy feet:

I'm in the same boat with you,been off with a-crew last week and this coming week. I know they slowed fast chassis down,thats why we have been going home in trim early the last few weeks. Wonder if there are additional line speeed adjustments coming for the rest of the plant.

Has anyone heard if KTP is going to do away with a complete shift? If laid off from KTP and LAP gets new product and needs additional people will those laid off from KTP be offered those jobs or will they hire at $14.00 an hour. Will KTP be targeted for additional buyouts?

Has anyone heard if KTP is going to do away with a complete shift? If laid off from KTP and LAP gets new product and needs additional people will those laid off from KTP be offered those jobs or will they hire at $14.00 an hour. Will KTP be targeted for additional buyouts?

A Laid off shift at Ktp right now is strictly rumors. It appears, from the saving of a shift at Lap, that they currently won't lay any shifts off at these plants to guarentee the $200 million tax incentive from the State requiring a certain number of working heads at the 2 plants. As far as transfering KTP workers to Lap.........who knows how that will play out. We have been told that Ktp will be offered additional buyouts next month.

Yes, I'm sure if Allen Hughes was voted Building Chairman, as you would have liked to have happened, people all over the country would be flocking to dealerships to buy up Super Duties and give everyone a guaranteed job.

What's going on right now has nothing to do with our leadership. If anything, our leadership has made it possible for most of us to keep our jobs up to this point. Scott Eskridge has done as much as anybody else in his position could have done, and if you think otherwise, you are just fooling yourself. Unfortunately, there are some things that are beyond the control of the local union or the plant management, and those times will probably be coming in short order.

As of now, there is no need to lay off a shift, other than the 3rd shift in Paint in Body. However, there is going to be a line speed reducution -- by how much I don't know. However, line speed reductions don't typically come without layoffs attached it. We most likely will pick up the production from Cautitlan, Mexico in the 4th quarter or early next year when they are idled in preparation for the Fiesta. Their volume is kind of low, but anything is better than nothing. I would say before it's all said and done, we may have 250 to 500 on ILO, but that is just my opinion. Hopefully it doesn't last for too long if I am right.

Yes, I'm sure if Allen Hughes was voted Building Chairman, as you would have liked to have happened, people all over the country would be flocking to dealerships to buy up Super Duties and give everyone a guaranteed job.

What's going on right now has nothing to do with our leadership. If anything, our leadership has made it possible for most of us to keep our jobs up to this point. Scott Eskridge has done as much as anybody else in his position could have done, and if you think otherwise, you are just fooling yourself. Unfortunately, there are some things that are beyond the control of the local union or the plant management, and those times will probably be coming in short order.

As of now, there is no need to lay off a shift, other than the 3rd shift in Paint in Body. However, there is going to be a line speed reducution -- by how much I don't know. However, line speed reductions don't typically come without layoffs attached it. We most likely will pick up the production from Cautitlan, Mexico in the 4th quarter or early next year when they are idled in preparation for the Fiesta. Their volume is kind of low, but anything is better than nothing. I would say before it's all said and done, we may have 250 to 500 on ILO, but that is just my opinion. Hopefully it doesn't last for too long if I am right.

First off let me say that I hope your numbers are wrong. If their happens to be a lay-off I hope the numbers are far less than your predictions. I also hope that the lay-offs are only temporarely. I think you can agree with me on that one.

Second I didn't say then, nor have I said now that by electing Allen Hughes as Building Chairman would make the world a better place to live. All I ever meant was that we have nothing more than the same bullsh&^ going today that we have had in the last 3 years. With that said keep in mind I know that under Stewarts leadership things were not so damn rosey either. My whole point is we need people in charge who will not short change the workers by screwing them over.

The reason I said that is because during the elections this time I heard that some of the Committee peolple wanted some of their friends in office and that they didn't care about what would be right or fair for the membership. My biggest regret is that I didn't vote none this year. Although it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I have not met any one who vote for most of the people who got "voted" in this time. Yet they still have the same people. I didn't meet half of the one that got voted in because they didn't campaign. Please explain how someone who wants the job dosen't come around to try to get your vote still get in?

Your good at defending Team Abell so this won't be to hard for you to do.

First off let me say that I hope your numbers are wrong. If their happens to be a lay-off I hope the numbers are far less than your predictions. I also hope that the lay-offs are only temporarely. I think you can agree with me on that one.

Second I didn't say then, nor have I said now that by electing Allen Hughes as Building Chairman would make the world a better place to live. All I ever meant was that we have nothing more than the same bullsh&^ going today that we have had in the last 3 years. With that said keep in mind I know that under Stewarts leadership things were not so damn rosey either. My whole point is we need people in charge who will not short change the workers by screwing them over.

The reason I said that is because during the elections this time I heard that some of the Committee peolple wanted some of their friends in office and that they didn't care about what would be right or fair for the membership. My biggest regret is that I didn't vote none this year. Although it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I have not met any one who vote for most of the people who got "voted" in this time. Yet they still have the same people. I didn't meet half of the one that got voted in because they didn't campaign. Please explain how someone who wants the job dosen't come around to try to get your vote still get in?

Your good at defending Team Abell so this won't be to hard for you to do.

Soul,

How many times have you met the President of the United States? You voted for a winner over the years, didn't you? You expect him, the Gov, the Mayor to visit your house too?

How many Union meetings do you attend? The Building Chair, Local President, etc, are all present. Set on up brother. Extend your hand. Introduce yourself. Take the first step. Quit your damn whining and grow up. The elections are over. Next time, consider putting your hat in the ring if you feel you can do a better job. But you sure as hell better come see me, or I won't vote for you either.

Soul,

How many times have you met the President of the United States? You voted for a winner over the years, didn't you? You expect him, the Gov, the Mayor to visit your house too?

How many Union meetings do you attend? The Building Chair, Local President, etc, are all present. Set on up brother. Extend your hand. Introduce yourself. Take the first step. Quit your damn whining and grow up. The elections are over. Next time, consider putting your hat in the ring if you feel you can do a better job. But you sure as hell better come see me, or I won't vote for you either.

Q, To answer your question, no I didn't meet the President of the United States. Nor did I vote for the one we got now. I did however meet President Clinton at a fund raiser a few years ago while he was still President. As for the Gov. No, I haven't met him since he became Governor. I did meet him twice at a rallies while he was campaigning. The Mayor yes, I have met the Mayor several times. You might be right, I do not expect these people to visit my house. I would lie to you if I said I invited them over, I did not do that.

I lost count on the number of Union meetings I have been to. Then on the other hand, how many members keep track of the meetings they have gone to. I bet you you don't know how many you have been to either. Point is going to the meetings is more important than keeping score of how many you go to.

Yes, I agree the Local leaders are usually present at these meetings. There might be times that they can not make these meetings though. Contract talks, up north etc.

I wouldn't want you to hold your breath waiting for me to come by in the next election. I will not throw my hat in the ring. More importantly, I will be taking the buy-out this time. Not because I am scared or I am whining. Not true, I want this plant ot succede. I want this local to be the very best in the U.A.W. and I think you will agree with me on that. I have to think of my family now and what is best for them and me. I want to stay at Ford but I can't take a chance of being laid off. I have to feed my family and pay my bills what litlle bills I have that is.

Edited by SOULJABOY

Today's latest news from the stone tablets from our building chairman.

Basically, after the 137 people that have callback rights turn down the chance to go back to LAP, it goes plant wide. From what I understand you can sign up for it next week, if no one signs up for it, the 100 that was recently laid off will go to LAP.

The Stamping Plant will change from a 3 crew operation to a 4-10hr schedule sometime in mid-August. It doesn't say that they are losing a crew.

I'm sure the news will change or we will read about it in the courier-journal or channel 11 news first.